• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Chris1

Titanfall got moved before it had an OT2

Final Fantasy XV stayed in Gaming with an OT2

So is BotW

Ok but those still had |OT| in the title, this one doesn't.

FF and BOTW will get moved eventually, but I don't know why Titanfall was moved so fast

Go look in community, every thread there has |OT| except for the ancient old ones. Thus it's easy to assume that, like this thread, if |OT| doesn't go in the title then it won't get moved to community

So far from SEGA we have....

Daytona USA
Jet Set Radio
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Virtua Fighter 2
Virtual On Oratorio Tangram
Comix Zone
Altered Beast
Sonic & SEGA All Star Racing Transformed
SVC: Streets of Rage Collection
SVC: Golden Axe Collection
SVC: Wonder Boy / Monster World Collection
SVC: Alex Kidd & Co Collection
Gunstar Heroes
Guardian Heroes
Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse
The Cave
NiGHTS into dreams...
Phantasy Star II
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic 4
Sonic CD
Sonic the Fighters
Bayonetta
Crazy Taxi
SEGA Bass Fishing
Shinobi

Need Sonic Racing 1 badly. Also need SA2 and SA1.

Oemenia

Banned
I just need one Saints to be complete

Sq3RFd7.jpg

Please!!
Yeah what gives when SRIV is BC when it has port. Its also by far the best in the franchise.

Also come on Sega, where's VF5 Online and Vanquish!

Izuna

Banned
Ok but those still had |OT| in the title, this one doesn't.

FF and BOTW will get moved eventually, but I don't know why Titanfall was moved so fast

Go look in community, every thread there has |OT| except for the ancient old ones. Thus it's easy to assume that, like this thread, if |OT| doesn't go in the title then it won't get moved to community

None of your logic is true

Look at the Amiibo thread

Chris1

Does it *really* matter where it is? Just move your bookmark to wherever the new thread is and keep discussing and posting about games :p
Tbh yeah because new people don't look in community that much, so threads eventually die off as people stop using Neogaf or get banned and don't have a whole lot of new blood in them

You originally posted this thread in community and it got almost zero attention, to the point where you had to ask a mod to move it to gaming... Community kills threads IMO
None of your logic is true

Look at the Amiibo thread

Good point, I have no comeback :p

Regardless.. why jynx it? :)

Keinning

Does it *really* matter where it is? Just move your bookmark to wherever the new thread is and keep discussing and posting about games :p

but community people have the cooties

real talk now i don't think a thread for bc announcements really should count as "community" material. if anything it stops the board from being flooded by new threads every tuesdays and thursdays. its fine here and its easier to check when something new drops.

I'm on this forum every single day. Years on end. I don't go to the Community side.

I visit this thread almost daily. If it goes to the Community side, I will no longer view it.

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at how nice Halo Reach looks on my Xbox One in comparison to on my 360, almost looks like a new game at times

Synth

So what's the VO that was released recently? Where did all these VO games come from?

The one that recently became BC is Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram. It's essentially Virtual-On 2, and was initially released on Model 3, then ported to Dreamcast and Naomi.

There's also Operation Moongate, that was the first game released on Model 2, and ported to Saturn. It's available on JP XBL/PSN.

Then there's Virtual-On Force, which is effectively Virtual-On 4 (the third game is Marz, which is on PS2). This one is slower paced, and focuses on 2v2 battles. It's available both as a region-free physical release, or on XBL for both JP and HK. How this game ended up being ported exclusively to Xbox 360 in asian markets is one of life's greatest mysteries.

There are certainly some odd omissions so far. Saints Row The Third always confuses me since it's engine is literary Saints Row IV and it can't be a GWG thing since it already is one. Some of the Sega Vintage games missing is also quite weird. And where the fuck is Uno? That's like a definitive 360 game.

Not yet. It currently has just over 3000 votes so it might be very far off.

I'd like to see them reset the votes and see how that changes things now the games are older and we have sequels/remakes available. I feel a lot of those votes were day one hype wish lists that don't reflect the main interest in backwards compatible games now.

Gave up on this. Just playing it on my Vita for my fix.

I kinda hope that with OG Xbox BC they will push for Ninja Gaiden Black since it was one of the best games on the console and a real showcase at the time. If that happens then I think Ninja Gaiden II should happen as well. But yeah, it's a real shame it's not BC yet. This and PGR 4 are my most desired BC games.

EvB

There are certainly some odd omissions so far. Saints Row The Third always confuses me since it's engine is literary Saints Row IV and it can't be a GWG thing since it already is one. Some of the Sega Vintage games missing is also quite weird. And where the fuck is Uno? That's like a definitive 360 game.
Probably licensing issues. The license is owned by someone else and has made another UNO game for Xbox Pne

Hey, Costume Quest 2 had barely more than 500 and made it ^^

But iirc, Access Games said on their FB page that Deadly Premonition won't be BC (?). Shame, because I'd really love to play it again (maybe even buy a digital copy, now that I'm slowly moving my BC games to full digital)

I really doubt the votes count so much as a criteria, to be honest.

It has been said by Stillwell, MS engineer regarding BC, that one of the business goals of the program is to have people migrate from 360 to XB1, so I think the criteria must be something like:

1) Active player base on 360
2) Number of digital owners of the game
3) Number of overall owners of the game
4) Votes

Then you have publishing rights sorted out... I guess this makes sense with titles such as COD Ghosts, Black Ops and RDR (item 1 above) the number of arcade games and gwg made BC (item 2 above) and EA Games like Mass Effect, even if the digital version is not available for purchase, only through EA Access (item 3 above).

I may not be precisely correct but I think it's something along these lines.

Top Bottom