• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Any hope for Alpha Protocol and Tales of Vesperia? I'm buying an Xbox One S and the backwards compatibility was one of the biggest reasons lol.

Since getting Ultra Street Fighter IV, I've learned there's always hope.

Is there any chance we'll get any games today? Isn't half the office out for Gamescom?

muzzymate

With Metal Gear Solid 2 HD being released on the Nvidia Shield today, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is sure to be released as backwards compatible today! Right, right?!?

::Cries in the corner::

Chucker

MGSHD and some more Capcom fighters are all I'm looking for.
Revengeance gave me hope for HD and my brook converter makes me want more fightman stuff lol.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
vanilla VF5 would be nice but mostly just want Space Channel 5 and some 3D sonics at this point

CRZYSPZ

I'm just going to call it right now.

We'll be getting Far Cry 3 as a GWG title within the next few months (I'm thinking September or October, but most likely September). There's no way they're going to have all the Far Cry games on sale and even have 3's DLC on sale, but not Far Cry 3 itself without that being a hint towards something.

EmiPrime

I'm just going to call it right now.

We'll be getting Far Cry 3 as a GWG title within the next few months (I'm thinking September or October, but most likely September). There's no way they're going to have all the Far Cry games on sale and even have 3's DLC on sale, but not Far Cry 3 itself without that being a hint towards something.

It has been on PS+ so I agree, good chance of it coming to GWG too.

Kinda hoping far cry 2 becomes BC tomorrow. Totally forgot I had it. Played it only once or twice. Forgot why I stopped, I remember what I played being good..

Kinda hoping far cry 2 becomes BC tomorrow. Totally forgot I had it. Played it only once or twice. Forgot why I stopped, I remember what I played being good..

You'd think this one would be a no-brainer. It came up a lot in critical discussion of BOTW so I could see them selling some units on back compat from that lift.

rmatheso

Gonna be:

quake-4-microsoft-xbox-360-2005-with-bonus-disc-159ec0342dd68280d3b5f890afdd97b7.jpg

Quake II re-master as well. :)

Although how they would fix the performance of Quake 4 is anyone's guess.

Has MS made any comment about how the X will improve any BC titles? I'm assuming it'll just be quicker load times but it would be nice if the games looked cleaner.

Gonna be:

quake-4-microsoft-xbox-360-2005-with-bonus-disc-159ec0342dd68280d3b5f890afdd97b7.jpg

Quake II re-master as well. :)

Although how they would fix the performance of Quake 4 is anyone's guess.

I'd be pretty hyped if they got the Quake 2 disk to work.

Heck, the copy I bought didn't even come with the Quake 4 disk and I didn't care in the slightest.

Has MS made any comment about how the X will improve any BC titles? I'm assuming it'll just be quicker load times but it would be nice if the games looked cleaner.

I know they've said that all games with have 16x anisotropic filtering forced. That should clean up quite a few 360 games. I'm especially looking forward to this on Daytona, cause it's filtering is garbage.

Oemenia

Banned
I'd be pretty hyped if they got the Quake 2 disk to work.

Heck, the copy I bought didn't even come with the Quake 4 disk and I didn't care in the slightest.
They rereleased the game but without the Quake 2 disk, and best of all, with no patches to improve the performance. Pretty scummy thing to do.

Going BC would be sweet though, especially since you can't Install the Quake 2 disc and they would probably toss it in with the download.

EYEL1NER

so whats the 1 360BC game that would last you for the rest of the year until OG Xbox games start releasing?
Dynasty Warriors 8 maybe?
EDIT: Ooh, or Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 or 3. I still want to complete all missions in those games one of these days.

It's Thursday, so come on Fable Anniversary and a bunch of Musou titles.

Top Bottom