• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

343 teased on the 10th Anniversary stream that the BC team is not yet done with Halo 3 on Xbox One and more is coming.

I am going to guess that Halo 3 will be the first BC game with a resolution and framerate increase.

343 teased on the 10th Anniversary stream that the BC team is not yet done with Halo 3 on Xbox One and more is coming.

I am going to guess that Halo 3 will be the first BC game with a resolution and framerate increase.
I think it's more likely they'd patch the Master Chief Collection than mess with BC like that.

xboxster

I'd assume the most realistic expectation is improved performance over time. Plenty of BC titles I have get random patches months after release.

Don't get me wrong though, your idea would be amazing.

I bought Bourne Conspiracy and Chronicles of Narnia for $2 each on Amazon warehouse. Doubt either will go BC, so I’ll have to break out the 360

The Bourne Conspiracy was a mostly fun action game, one of the passable movie tie-ins surely with an original-ish storyline. I will never want to replay those fist fights though. Jeez. And yeah, the chances for that going BC are insanely low.

They should've just released an anniversary edition. :'(

Been itching to replay New Vegas. Have it downloaded, now to find the time to play.

Not expecting anything today, unless they announce the games with gold and one of them is an unreleased game, then maybe that game will drop today or Thursday before the month start

The Bourne Conspiracy was a mostly fun action game, one of the passable movie tie-ins surely with an original-ish storyline. I will never want to replay those fist fights though. Jeez. And yeah, the chances for that going BC are insanely low.
I generally like movie games, hey are usually pretty easy on the gamerscore too haha. There’s a lot I never played though because I refused to pay $60 for them. Can’t pass up $2-5 whenever I see them somewhere cheap now.

Going to hook up my the 360 this weekend to run through some

From my queue it looks like a whole raft more updates came through last night.
Ya Hydro Thunder has an update late last night for me

Azzawon

Can we rename the OT to "Ninja Gaiden II Begging Thread"? :p

On a serious note, hoping for some good additions today. T-minus 10 minutes
to disappointment

amdb00mer

If we get an announcement today I wonder if it will be one of those where a game is added to BC, but will also be a part of October's GwG??

borges

Banned
I think the amount of BC games reached a point where I dont believe will see many more. Theres a couple of missings (Ninja Gaiden Im talking to you), but not much else.

Zeta Oni

Out of the 300+ tittle we have gotten so far...

1 of them is from Koei Tecmo (Fret Nice, a XBLA game developed by Swedish studio Pieces Interactive AB)

A game that's not even listed in Koei Tecmo's own games made page (also doesn't show on their "games developed or published by" Wikipedia page either), and for all intents and purposes, seems to be fully controlled by the developer rather than the publisher.

If that's true, the number of games KT has released for BC is a flat 0, despite keeping in mind they released dozens of games for the Xbox 360 including several high profile exclusives.

I know I've said this before, but I just don't believe that's a coincidence. I really want to see DoA 4, NGII, or NG Black come OG Xbox BC, but I just don't see it happening for whatever reason.

Tarahiro

I wish that if a company didn't want to support BC then they would just come out and say so.
Although I can't think of why they wouldn't support it.

There's still a lot of games I hope get added though.

amdb00mer

I wish that if a company didn't want to support BC then they would just come out and say so.
Although I can't think of why they wouldn't support it.

There's still a lot of games I hope get added though.

Not gonna happen. It's basically a standoff between them and MS. The publisher is not going to say "we are not going to support BC" and take a bunch of negative press for it. MS is not going to come out and say this publisher or that publisher said "NO" to BC as it might cause business related issues with said publisher. Kind of sucks, but it is a catch 22 for sure.

Backlogger

This might be unpopular around here but I wonder if 360 announcements have slowed because the team is now splitting their time on OG Xbox games. I would rather they keep focusing on 360 games honestly if that were the case but thats just me.

This might be unpopular around here but I wonder if 360 announcements have slowed because the team is now splitting their time on OG Xbox games. I would rather they keep focusing on 360 games honestly if that were the case but thats just me.

I would much rather they focus on OG Xbox games now. We need NG B and KoToR desperately.

I mean they already made the announcement lol. They can't go back and be like "Oh you want to know where the OG Xbox games are? Well .... sorry!"

Backlogger

I mean they already made the announcement lol. They can't go back and be like "Oh you want to know where the OG Xbox games are? Well .... sorry!"

I wouldn't have bothered with the announcement because now they HAVE to deliver a title or two sometime this fall which means they have to focus resources on it instead of other 360 games.

CRZYSPZ

I wouldn't have bothered with the announcement because now they HAVE to deliver a title or two sometime this fall which means they have to focus resources on it instead of other 360 games.

In a stream yesterday Bill Stillwell did say they had some exciting games to add later this year, but he wouldn't specify which ones. Hopefully those are some big titles (I'm assuming Fable Anniversary will be fairly soon).

Sephimoth

30m to nothing

EDIT: I was wrong! Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sonic Adventure are coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility today

Top Bottom