• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

FZW

When this is all over, I would love the video documentary on how the selection process worked. Just pull the curtain back a little bit for us...

No need. Their selection process is pretty simple: release it, when its ready.

Its as if ppl think they release certain games just to troll. A game is released when its thoroughly tested and have no licensing issues. that's it.

kuYuri

So is it expected OG Xbox BC to release around Fall Dashboard update or perhaps around Xbox One X release? Still completely unknown?

RedSwirl

So for a game to make it onto BC, does it already have to be available on XBL? If so, that could inform what games actually could make it onto original Xbox BC. I know there are still some original Xbox games available on XBL, but does anyone have a definitive list?

So for a game to make it onto BC, does it already have to be available on XBL? If so, that could inform what games actually could make it onto original Xbox BC. I know there are still some original Xbox games available on XBL, but does anyone have a definitive list?
No, it can be only on disc - it's happened a couple times.

The games still on Xbox 360 have to be relicensed so it doesn't matter that much if they're there but there's games that will definitely make it over, some not (GTA San Andreas, Ninja Gaiden Black, Fable)

MW3 today? MW2?

Podge293

For some reason I want spec ops the line made BC. Never played the game, know next to nothing about it but saw it for sale today at 6 euro and decided I need to own it and play it on the x1.

If it's already been bc'd ignore my above posting and please inform me.

FyreWulff

They don't have to be on Live, but being on Live obviously makes it easier.

for OG Xbox, we can probably safely assume every first party title that doesn't have a licensing issue due to music will be on there.

Ravi_elite

Banned
giphy.gif
Something good this time...

poodaddy

When's Mahvel 2?

When's Third Strike?

Yeah I know mine are less realistic and feasible....whatever folks it's fun to dream.

Gestault

I love watching people struggle to rationalize as though there's a definite "it's all connected" reason for why games are or aren't released each time. It's like watching people retroactively justify random events in their life by reading the stars.

I missed the green light? FUCKING Sagittarius.

Naked Lunch

Im very happy with the recent BC - they covered a lot on my list. Still got some key titles missing. Ace Combat 6, the Armored Cores, and Vanquish would be lovely.

kc44135

So, has MS said anything about OG Xbox BC on X1, specifically with regards to resolution? Will the games still be 480p (like on X360), or will they actually be uprendered to HD (like PS2 Classics on PS4)?

Top Bottom