• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

It's also possible they have just been busy pushing updates to the older games in the catalog too. Today I had dig dug, CLANNAD, The Cave, Braid and Comix Zone updates. Had a lot more updates since last week to other games too. Probably slowly making their way through everything which takes time.

Went through some of my 360 games I own that I still want added:

AC Liberation HD
Bourne Conspiracy
Narnia
DBZ Budokai Collection
Amalur (not happening :sadface:)
Top Spin 4
Alpha Protocol
Singularity
Sonic's UGC
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant

Games I don't own but want to play:

Wolfenstein (2009)
Batman Blackgate

rmatheso

Oh, wouldn't that be amazing?

Disk BC, and a digital library. Dragon Force, Shining the Holy Ark, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Seaman with kinect support...

tenor.gif

So, has MS said anything about OG Xbox BC on X1, specifically with regards to resolution? Will the games still be 480p (like on X360), or will they actually be uprendered to HD (like PS2 Classics on PS4)?

We don't know the specific resolutions yet but the games definitely run at a higher resolution than 480p. Microsoft had Crimson Skies on a LAN running between a XB1s and an original Xbox at E3 and there was a big difference in image quality and loading times on the S.

Ravi_elite

Banned
😐 tomorrow better be something good...there are only three acceptable games... 1. Saints Row 2. Saints Row 2 or 3. RED Faction Guerilla

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Technically you can. Nothing will happen though.

Saturn disks usually have the soundtrack on them! I don't know specifically if Nights did, but you can probably "play" the disk in the xbox (xbox still plays music cds, right? I actually have never checked that)

cireza

Saturn disks usually have the soundtrack on them! I don't know specifically if Nights did, but you can probably "play" the disk in the xbox (xbox still plays music cds, right? I actually have never checked that)
Usually is a bit of a stretch here ! There are some of them which have Redbook audio, but not that much. I think that it is the case of Doom or Hexen, but that's the only ones I know about.

Edit : found a link, it seems that there are a lot more in fact !
https://forum.digitpress.com/forum/...ames-that-you-can-listen-to-on-your-CD-player

Redbook audio takes a lot of space on the disk, and the games got a lot bigger on Saturn. On Sega-CD however, there were a lot more Redbook audio soundtracks.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Usually is a bit of a stretch here ! There are some of them which have Redbook audio, but not that much. I think that it is the case of Doom or Hexen, but that's the only ones I know about.

Redbook audio takes a lot of space on the disk, and the games got a lot bigger on Saturn. On Sega-CD however, there were a lot more Redbook audio soundtracks.

Really? I thought most of them did. I definitely remember Panzer Dragoon Saga and Sonic R working as well.

cireza

Really? I thought most of them did. I definitely remember Panzer Dragoon Saga and Sonic R working as well.
You were right, I made an edit to my post. Pretty surprised as I have been a long time Saturn fan, and did not think that that many games had Redbook audio.

CyReN

For those that had the triple pack of Fable, my Fable Anniversary didn't show in the ready to install - I had to search it in the store to get it.

Top Bottom