• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

I actually think Disney/Lucasfilm have shown they're very supportive of the program, same with Ubisoft. I just wonder if they're waiting for a digital version of SCIV to be reinstated before releasing it as BC (since they wouldn't be making $$$ off of it otherwise).

You may be right. SCIV still isnt on the marketplace. Both games are still worth playing. I hope MS get a move on.

EffEmmGee

I've only played the PS3 version and honestly wish I played the 360 version first.

The PS3 version is so bad, despite the extra content, that I actually went back and started a new game on 360 and completed it there 4 years ago.

Looks like it's time to play this gem of a game again, don't you agree, Zach?

Oemenia

Banned
The PS3 version is so bad, despite the extra content, that I actually went back and started a new game on 360 and completed it there 4 years ago.

Looks like it's time to play this gem of a game again, don't you agree, Zach?
Honestly its like playing a bad colour remake.

Oblivion (BC) was updated and now shows up as Xbox One X enhanced. I know this is being discussed elsewhere but I thought it was still pertinent to this thread.

Blam

Oblivion (BC) was updated and now shows up as Xbox One X enhanced. I know this is being discussed elsewhere but I thought it was still pertinent to this thread.

Well no that's good information to have. I'll have to update the OP with a new set of XBX Enhanced games so that'll have to happen some time soon.

That's great news. The Xbox One X specific updates for Oblivion and Fallout 3 are actually what pushed me towards getting an Xbox One X sooner rather than later; I'm well overdue to revisit my travels in Cyrodiil once more. Hopefully the list of future titles to get the resolution bump gets expanded upon in the short term.

What title from your backwards compat titles would everyone like to see receive the Xbox One X res increase? Red Dead Redemption and The Witcher 2 would be towards the top of my list.

Gitaroo

Just booted up halo 3 on the one s, hdr looks real nice. They should have picked halo reach for the extra enhancement instead of halo 3 since there was never an enhanced version.

CRAIG667

Just booted up halo 3 on the one s, hdr looks real nice. They should have picked halo reach for the extra enhancement instead of halo 3 since there was never an enhanced version.

it's a 10 year anniversary upgrade according to Frank.

Reach, hopefully, one day.

Chitown B

Halo 3 wasn't given any treatment on the MCC.

It's really outputting HDR?

Chitown B

Yes, looks amazing, especially for the opening scene. Halo 3 was running at 1080p 60fps in MCC, already miles ahead of original version.

interesting about HDR. I know H5 doesn't have it:

"Halo 5’s Xbox One X update will bring 4K resolution to the game, but not high dynamic range (HDR) color"

Tried some BC titles on the X:

Halo 3 looks pretty amazing with HDR and the resolution increase. Would love for other games to get this treatment.

Oblivion certainly looks more detailed but I can't help but feel like the framerate is a little worse with the X enhancements. I would love to see a framerate comparison from DF or someone.

KOTOR looks/plays even smoother on the X.

Overall very happy.

EDIT - I noticed Gears Judgment got an update last night, not sure what it does.

Anyone else hoping for Monkey ball deluxe? (og xbox)

That would be a fantastic choice because of the party games. I think they removed the Dole branding for that version so hopefully there is no problem with licensing.

Still hoping for Blur, Simpsons, Ninja Turtles arcade games.

Blur got me sooooo frustrated at the time. I thought it was super unbalanced. Moslty because getting all lights from "chapter" (I don't remeber, actaully) three and beyond was almost impossible.

I would be happy if they include PGR4 on the BC. This is the real Bizarre Creations GOAT

EffEmmGee

EDIT - I noticed Gears Judgment got an update last night, not sure what it does.

I noticed this also, along with The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings: Enhanced Edition, but neither are listed as X1XE: True when you do the LB/RB/View button combo over them.

Plus I think that when they do add more, as was the case with Gears of War 3, Mirror's Edge, and Skate 3, that MS/Major Nelson will be sure to let us know.

Halo 3 just had another update too by the way.

Gitaroo

some xbox 360 games show up as enhanced, are they really enhanced by special patches?

Gears 3 definitely is, almost jaggy free now so probably a huge boost to the resolution. So we are basically getting the HD remaster for free that I was hoping to get instead of the Gears ultimate collection so I hope they will do that for the rest of the franchise and Halo Reach. Only that they are still not 60fps. Halo 3 HDR is definitely welcome, was surprise that they said Halo 5 hdr is too much work when an old 360 games running through emulation gets HDR.

Sizzle55

Have any of my Australian gaffers been able to get hold of Ninja Gaiden Black? I keep getting a region error when I try and get it through marketplace, I really want to see this classic running on my X. Cheers

If the well for possible 360 BC releases was drying up due to licensing and other factors, (and I'm not saying it is), I'd be totally fine with BC X enhancements released on weeks when they don't have any new games to add.

I'm left wondering how hard it is to X enhance these BC games. If it were just Halo and Gears then I might assume it takes a good bit of effort but the fact that a game like Mirror's Edge got enhanced makes me wonder since I doubt that a ton of work went into enhancing that game.

Top Bottom