• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One BC |OT| "Fortunately, we have a product for people who don't own a 360"

I hope that each title before release has a little extra love and attention applied to it even if that means slowing down the releases, i'd take 2 a week if it means better support instead of 3 or more.

Syriel

Looks like the Alan Wake / RDR party is over folks.

xboxbcrdr3tr3b.jpg

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/696474205999624197

At least we know it's coming though, hopefully they don't change their minds on it.

Seems the legal stuff with R* is sorted and the deal to make it available for BC is a go, so I think they'll make it work. I think MS knows that a lot of people a really wanting to play thison the Xbox One. They should make 360 games available in the Xbox One store now though, make it easier and more tempting to buy them.

Seems the legal stuff with R* is sorted and the deal to make it available for BC is a go, so I think they'll make it work. I think MS knows that a lot of people a really wanting to play thison the Xbox One. They should make 360 games available in the Xbox One store now though, make it easier and more tempting to buy them.

This give us a separate store tab whatever and make the digital prices competitive with the disc versions I meanness 2.99 for crackdown on disc or 19.99 for digital come on

I may be in the minority on GAF saying this, but I really hope GTA IV comes to the Xbone too. Liberty City is still my favourite GTA locale.

The following titles are now officially supported via BC:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare
LEGO Batman
Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space
Trials HD

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/697790938006097920

Plus, Alan Wake is confirmed as coming soon, as anyone who purchases Quantum Break for Xbox One also gets the full version of Alan Wake, plus its two DLC bits (The Signal and The Writer).

Thanks, added to the OP! I acutally pre-ordered Quantum Break yesterday and secured myself all the Alan Wake games.

For those that have pre-ordered Quantum Break and thus getting Alan Wake + DLC + American Nightmare should be receiving your American Nightmare codes for download now! I just received mine.

mjc

I preemptively bought Tales of Vesperia while it was on sale $7.50 just in case it goes BC...I've been hankering to replay it. What do we think the odds are that it'll show up?

I just bought a 5TB harddrive, and now I want to download all the digital 360 games I can. However, how do I go about transferring my saves? I know I can go into the storage settings on my 360 and upload to the Cloud, but do I need to do that before I download that game on my XB1? And how do I actually retrieve the save on XB1? Is it automatic?

Is the process for transferring saves the same for games that I have physical copies of (as opposed to digital)?

Thanks!

Alx

Yes you have to manually upload the save from the 360, and once that's done it's automatically retrieved on your X1 when you first launch the game. Physical or digital doesn't make a difference.

Bessy67

I preemptively bought Tales of Vesperia while it was on sale $7.50 just in case it goes BC...I've been hankering to replay it. What do we think the odds are that it'll show up?
Eh, doesn't seem like Bandai Namco is really onboard with ms.

Fuck, I just discovered that the "Rare Replay" versions of the 360 Rare games are basically entirely separate instances of the games, meaning that even if you own them separately, if you select the "Rare Replay" version from the dashboard without having the physical disc in, you can't play them. And if you delete the "Rare Replay" versions in favour of the original separate versions, then if you're actually playing Rare Replay, and go to play that game from it's menu, it will tell you it's not installed (as you don't currently have the RR version downloaded).

What a load of crap. That means that I have to have two copies of each game downloaded to ensure I can play them whenever I like without having to put the RR disc in. Of course, this isn't a problem for people who downloaded Rare Replay digitally, as they would be able to select the RR versions of these games from either the dashboard or the RR menu, but the game costs significantly more digitally than it does physically.

On top of all this, I deleted the RR version of Jetpac Refuelled, and now can't figure out how to redownload it. Selecting it from the RR menu just tell me that it's not installed, and I can redownload it or check on it via the "My Games/Apps" page, but I can't find a way of doing so there. And when I search for it on the store, it says it's part of a bundle only, and takes me to the page to buy a digital copy of Rare Replay.

Is there anywhere I can go to view/redownload previous XB1 downloads?

Fuck, I just discovered that the "Rare Replay" versions of the 360 Rare games are basically entirely separate instances of the games, meaning that even if you own them separately, if you select the "Rare Replay" version from the dashboard without having the physical disc in, you can't play them. And if you delete the "Rare Replay" versions in favour of the original separate versions, then if you're actually playing Rare Replay, and go to play that game from it's menu, it will tell you it's not installed (as you don't currently have the RR version downloaded).

What a load of crap. That means that I have to have two copies of each game downloaded to ensure I can play them whenever I like without having to put the RR disc in. Of course, this isn't a problem for people who downloaded Rare Replay digitally, as they would be able to select the RR versions of these games from either the dashboard or the RR menu, but the game costs significantly more digitally than it does physically.

On top of all this, I deleted the RR version of Jetpac Refuelled, and now can't figure out how to redownload it. Selecting it from the RR menu just tell me that it's not installed, and I can redownload it or check on it via the "My Games/Apps" page, but I can't find a way of doing so there. And when I search for it on the store, it says it's part of a bundle only, and takes me to the page to buy a digital copy of Rare Replay.

Is there anywhere I can go to view/redownload previous XB1 downloads?

I think you go to RR in Games & Apps, press the start (menu) button, then "Manage Game". You should be able to get the individual games through there.

Syriel

Is the OP still getting updated?

Both this and the other BC thread have lists that are months out of date.

Would be awesome to get a current list in one of the two. :)

gar3

Can't wait for Blue Dragon. I need to get back to grinding for that Maxed Out All Character Levels achievement, heh.

shandy706

Made a thread, hope it is true!!!!! I have Blue Dragon sitting at the house. Bought it as I have NEVER played it.

May stop my Lost Odyssey playthrough for this.

Top Bottom