• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One BC |OT| "Fortunately, we have a product for people who don't own a 360"

.la1n

Reach runs pretty awful, hope they can smooth it out. After the first patch I can at least enjoy Gears 3 now so hopefully reach gets the same treatment.

I really don't find it that bad myself, I run the Sega Collections on the TV set with game mode on to shorten delay further. The guy in the video is also comparing with a wired 360 pad which will give him somewhat less delay than the wireless Xbox
one controller.

this is the kind of doubt that kills my enthusiasm for this entire BC venture. now I likely wont make an effort to play these games unless someone takes the time to verify that a game is ok.

I can understand taking a hit on a few areas when it comes to PSNow or something because that tech is crazy and depends a lot on connections but there is no excuse here. if Microsoft can't take the time to verify that every game works as intended, not just "hey its runnin add it to the list!" I can't see myself using it. PS I don't use PSNow for same reasons although there I can understand that's a different circumstance.

apparently the sega vintage collection suffers from input lag too. (sonic3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OA4xN7__ac

Video could have been a LOT shorter.

I don't see any difference in the video, at least with Sonic. I tried on my own (but with a wireless 360 controller), and don't notice a difference either. I'm playing on a monitor with low display lag, so TV delay shouldn't be an issue. There is a perceived delay when walking side to side, but that's just Sonic's ramp-up time, which is the same on both systems. If there is a difference, it's small, and I tend to be picky about things like this so I'd think it would bother me.

I don't have Mass Effect installed so I can't check that right now. I did try Super Meat Boy, Earthworm Jim HD, Braid, Doom, and Condemned. All seemed very responsive. SMB, EJHD seemed especially snappy with their jumps, and the flashlight on B in Condemned came on with no delay that I could perceive at all. Borderlands is the only disc based game I tried, and it does have severe input lag, but I recall Borderlands feeling really bad anyway, so I don't know if that can be blamed on the emulation. My disc drive on my 360 is messed up, so I can't try the game on there.

I really don't find it that bad myself, I run the Sega Collections on the TV set with game mode on to shorten delay further. The guy in the video is also comparing with a wired 360 pad which will give him somewhat less delay than the wireless Xbox
one controller.

Yeah, wired versus wireless is definitely going to produce a noticeable delay. Sonic trilogy is easily playable on X1, IMO, though I know playing them on an actual 16-bit console, like anything running on a CRT and real hardware with wired or RF-wireless controllers, is far snappier than any emulation on PC or modern console is capable of. Outside of Gears MP and Reach MP, though, I cannot understand the latency complaints essentially labeling the experience as being unplayable for just about anything else I've played on BC right now.

I guess my question now is does Microsoft have any incentive to make sure these games run optimally? The PR value for this is over.

Syriel

I was playing pacman ce and it seemed like there was input lag.... Or I was just going really fast can't be sure regardless it was great fun

You have to preload you turns in PMCE, even on the 360. If you're not doing that, you're doing it wrong. ;)

Alx

Anyone else have this issue or can point me in a direction to rectify this? Didn't see it in the OP

I suggest you contact MS support... if there is an issue with the license transfer, they're the only ones who could solve it easily.
(maybe deleting and re-downloading a game would work, though ?)

I understand that you can transfer your 360 game saves to the cloud and they are accessible on Xbox One.

My question is, once it's transferred to the cloud, on Xbox One, can you download and store the 360 saves locally? I have a 14 day Xbox Live Gold trial and I'd like to transfer my 360 saves to Xbox One local storage via the cloud if it's possible.

I understand that you can transfer your 360 game saves to the cloud and they are accessible on Xbox One.

My question is, once it's transferred to the cloud, on Xbox One, can you download and store the 360 saves locally? I have a 14 day Xbox Live Gold trial and I'd like to transfer my 360 saves to Xbox One local storage via the cloud if it's possible.

That won't work I'm afraid. The trials don't actually unlock the benefits of Gold. All they do is unlock multiplayer.

Tapejara

Is anyone else buying 360 games just in case they become backwards compatible? I picked up Force Unleashed in the sale on the off chance it becomes does. It was only $5 so no real loss if it doesn't happen, but I find myself purchasing 360 digital titles just in case.

I also got LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga which is an awesome game that you should play because it's backwards compatible!

Is anyone else buying 360 games just in case they become backwards compatible? I picked up Force Unleashed in the sale on the off chance it becomes does. It was only $5 so no real loss if it doesn't happen, but I find myself purchasing 360 digital titles just in case.

I also got LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga which is an awesome game that you should play because it's backwards compatible!
I bought BLOPS only because they explicitly mentioned that it was coming to BC eventually. Otherwise, nope. I don't have a 360 so buying a game that hasn't been confirmed could end up with me having thrown my money away.

muzzymate

zGqSbGs.png

Has anyone tried the new "Buy Now" button on the Xbox One online store? Didn't it used to say "Bundle Only" here?

oh yeah ive been doing it for a while, only its on sale

That won't work I'm afraid. The trials don't actually unlock the benefits of Gold. All they do is unlock multiplayer.

Ok thanks. Are 360 saves able to be transferred to local storage on Xbox One from cloud with full Gold membership? I don't want to have to rely on always having Xbox Gold just to access my 360 game saves.

I would assume yes based on Rare Replay 360 titles?

Tried out Halo Reach in an Oddball match, the game ran at sub 20fps and dropped to around 5fps before crashing my entire Xbox, forcing it to restart. Really disappointing and I'm amazed that Reach was released in this state.

I'm going to try it again though and see if it performs better.

EDIT: nope lol. audio even cutout for most of my second match

For some reason I can't get NBA Jam to work. After pressing start at the title screen, it freezes up (can hear the audio stuttering) and then it immediately quits. Already posted on the xbox feedback thing about this, but does this game work for anyone else?

Tried out Halo Reach in an Oddball match, the game ran at sub 20fps and dropped to around 5fps before crashing my entire Xbox, forcing it to restart. Really disappointing and I'm amazed that Reach was released in this state.

I'm going to try it again though and see if it performs better.

EDIT: nope lol. audio even cutout for most of my second match

And thats a reason why new games for an upcoming month should be tested through the Preview program. People could send in Feedback asap and dont have to post everywhere that the game runs like balls.

Luken

Will they make Dead Space 1,2 and 3 definitive edition for Xbox one?
I also want Batman Arkham Asylum, City and Origins definitive edition. :)

Top Bottom