• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One BC |OT| "Fortunately, we have a product for people who don't own a 360"

AlStrong

The emulation did some whacky stuff to Reach's rain. The particles don't splash :(

Odd... any other effects that are affected?

and the transparent cylinder around the camera that Bungie used to cheaply add background rain streaking, formerly a nice subtle effect, is now way too prominent and looks absolutely insane if you look up.

Thu_Dec_17_20-33-08_PST_2015_zpsfsm3iygo.png

Think it might be another case of fine tuning to the 360's gamma?

Gurrry

ncaa 14.

get it on BC or BC is failure in my eye! i neeeeeeeed to play college football again. having to bust out the 360 to play is such a pain in the ass.

HTupolev

Odd... any other effects that are affected?
Not that I've noticed thus far.

Think it might be another case of fine tuning to the 360's gamma?
I'm not sure.

Seems like a number of transparencies are punched up, actually.

The blue dome around the spire is extremely bright now:

The green space tendril thingies are much less opaque on 360:

//=====================================

Also looks like there are some lighting quirks. The streaking light isn't supposed to cast on this door from this side:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The BC list progression seems really slow. Wish it was a big faster.

And where are my batman games?

Im surprised people expected giant lists of games each month especially considering how small the initial list was...

What we got for December was smaller than I expected though.

The BC list progression seems really slow.

You know what's amazing? We seriously went from saying backward compatibility with X360 was impossible on X1 just six months ago to complaining about it and how slow its support is growing after a month in wide deployment. What a time to be alive.

muzzymate

You know what's amazing? We seriously went from saying backward compatibility with X360 was impossible on X1 just six months ago to complaining about it and how slow its support is growing after a month in wide deployment. What a time to be alive.

This! Would I love a blanket all solution that didn't require publisher approval? Sure. But I'm gaining access to a lot of digital purchases that I had previously thought were left behind. Every month has a potential now to bring back more games I own. Color me extremely happy with this program.

Bizzquik

ncaa 14.

get it on BC or BC is failure in my eye! i neeeeeeeed to play college football again. having to bust out the 360 to play is such a pain in the ass.

I agree completely.
And with the community releasing updated rosters every year, the game can always stay relevant.

This! Would I love a blanket all solution that didn't require publisher approval? Sure. But I'm gaining access to a lot of digital purchases that I had previously thought were left behind. Every month has a potential now to bring back more games I own. Color me extremely happy with this program.

I'm with you on this.

Sure I want skate 3, red dead, tales etc but I'm also happy to wait and some games I want may not make it to BC and you know what if I'm that bothered about playing those titles why did I just give my 360 away?

If it happens iI happens! We are getting a good selection of games on a consistent basis and I thank MS for that.

Some excellent games were released just a few days ago and all people did was complain about the total number I'm sure that number could of been beefed up with vampire rain, raven squad and the like, but no keep those I'm good.

I'm with you on this.

Sure I want skate 3, red dead, tales etc but I'm also happy to wait and some games I want may not make it to BC and you know what if I'm that bothered about playing those titles why did I just give my 360 away?

If it happens iI happens! We are getting a good selection of games on a consistent basis and I thank MS for that.

Some excellent games were released just a few days ago and all people did was complain about the total number I'm sure that number could of been beefed up with vampire rain, raven squad and the like, but no keep those I'm good.
I'm with you all, I'm extremely happy for what we have got in just six months. Looking forward to further announcements too!

I mean given that (In theory) it all comes down to a simple yes/no from a Publisher I'm not sure why the list is being updated so slowly. It's just a simple yes/no process and yet games are being released so sparsely at a time.

I mean given that (In theory) it all comes down to a simple yes/no from a Publisher I'm not sure why the list is being updated so slowly. It's just a simple yes/no process and yet games are being released so sparsely at a time.
I'm sure the legal stuff at each publisher takes a little time and effort (there could be licensed music or brand names that have expired for instance), not just a yes on Skype from the guy that makes spelling mistakes on Capcom's cover art division.

Plus there's probably quite a bit of testing to be done on multiple consoles at MS before release.

Montresor

Does Microsoft know about our feedback with regards to Gears Of War 3 and Halo Reach BC performance? Do we know if they are working on improvements?

Kolma

Oh man if Xbox one got BC...
I would love for it to bring a non buggy Jet Set Radio Future, and Shenmue 2(very lil bugs on 360)

*edit.
I basically want to play my Dreamcast 2(xbox original) and its Sega games on the Xbox One.

Dominator

I'm sure the legal stuff at each publisher takes a little time and effort (there could be licensed music or brand names that have expired for instance), not just a yes on Skype from the guy that makes spelling mistakes on Capcom's cover art division.

Plus there's probably quite a bit of testing to be done on multiple consoles at MS before release.
I don't think lincensing is relevant when it's emulation.

But I could be wrong.

mike4001_

Considering many AAA have performance problems and Microsoft is relasing several patches (for instance in the case of Gears 3) I think they really have to optimize their emulator for each game and test this.

So yes it´s probably a simple yes from the publisher but at Microsoft there is work to be done to get the game running smoothly.

carl32

Banned
I think most of us forgot how Reach run on the 360, has anyone seen the frame rate comparison, a couple of frames down and sometimes higher on XB1 but mainly a couple of frames down or the same. Definitely room for improvement but not as bad as i was expecting and still very playable for me and still a great game imo.

I think most of us forgot how Reach run on the 360, has anyone seen the frame rate comparison, a couple of frames down and sometimes higher on XB1 but mainly a couple of frames down or the same. Definitely room for improvement but not as bad as i was expecting and still very playable for me and still a great game imo.
No way. I play the game every day on 360 (as of late anyway) and it holds or gets close to 30. Watching some videos on youtube made it look like it was in the low 20s.

arhra

I don't think lincensing is relevant when it's emulation.

But I could be wrong.

The games have to be re-packaged for download on the X1, which probably (I don't exactly have the legal agreements, so this is just a guess) means it's technically a new form of distribution that wasn't covered in the original contracts, which is why the publisher's OK is required (and which might, on the publisher's end, involve renewing/updating any agreements they had for stuff they're using under license, depending on the exact wording of whatever contracts they had).

EBE

fable 3 stays on the splash screen and fails to load (error code whatever: took too long to start) or gets into the main menu only to get stuck in an infinite load screen

Ushay

So i booted up my Xbox One the other day and to my surprise I saw Deus EX HR and Fable 3 on my list. Very nice! Will give Deus Ex another go before the second game is released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1LdwPgL0No

It drops to low 20's on 360, not fully watched video just skipped through to be honest but it don't run anywhere near a solid 30 on 360
I do admit I've only put in a small amount of time in the campaign since release - though I swear it doesn't feel that bad in the multiplayer. I guess I can't really judge unless I play it on the Xbone though a friend says he definitely thinks it's way worse on Xbox One.

Human_me

fable 3 stays on the splash screen and fails to load (error code whatever: took too long to start) or gets into the main menu only to get stuck in an infinite load screen

If it continues to happen I find that deleting and redownloading works quite well.

I hope we get updates on the emulator they use. I get some pretty bad slow down on Reach. :(
They have updated the emulator on Gear of War games and Mass effect.

With Mass Effect they improved the frame rate slightly (but its still a sluggish mess).
With Gears they improved the frame-rate and input lag.

I expect they will update Reach when improvements are made.
I expect this is also the reason why a large amount of titles arent B/C yet, The Emulator isn't complete.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
even Splosion man seems chunky in the main menu. The game seems okay but i haven't played enough of it to really say that it's completely fine

Splosion Man runs like shit once you're fast the first two levels. Like unbelievably bad in a game where you need to time your explosions correctly. It's basically unplayable.

Ashtar

I was playing pacman ce and it seemed like there was input lag.... Or I was just going really fast can't be sure regardless it was great fun

Novocaine

Going to download Spelunky even though I have it on PS, just to do the achievements.

As someone who hasn't played Reach should I get it for BC or keep on hoping that the MCC will get an redone version?

I am so dissapointed with all the remarks in this thread about glitches, changes to graphics, glitches, etc. Wow.

Now I will not be likely to play anything serious with this because in the back of my mind I will always be wondering if the game will play as intended.

Has anybody tried any of the Sega game collections? I'd love to be able to play those again on my Xbox one!

gar3

Has anybody tried any of the Sega game collections? I'd love to be able to play those again on my Xbox one!
I've played Alex Kidd & Co. as well as Monster World and all the games in those collections seemed to run fine to me.

Deft Beck

The Tales games tend to feature licensed or otherwise commissioned songs from Japanese pop artists for the intros, which might cause some legal hangups in later releases.

I do hope that more Japanese publishers approve their older games for this feature.

RdN

I sincerely don't know how you guys are playing Reach.

It's a slowdown fest here, there's delay in the controls and messed graphics pretty frequently.

I am so dissapointed with all the remarks in this thread about glitches, changes to graphics, glitches, etc. Wow.

Now I will not be likely to play anything serious with this because in the back of my mind I will always be wondering if the game will play as intended.

apparently the sega vintage collection suffers from input lag too. (sonic3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OA4xN7__ac

Top Bottom