• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One BC |OT| "Fortunately, we have a product for people who don't own a 360"

Vitacat

So I bought a copy of Halo Reach and while it has issues, it is absolutely playable, contrary to some things I've read. Played the first few campaign missions solo, and messed around in theatre mode. Also tried it on my 360 and yeah, it's definitely noticeably better there. No audio glitches and fewer frame rate drops. Hoping they can iron things out a bit more on Xbone BC.

Oddly on Xbone It seemed like it started running smoother the more I played, and then it made me wonder if it was anything to do with my Elite console caching data to SSD? It might also just have been my imagination. Not sure.

For some reason I can't get NBA Jam to work. After pressing start at the title screen, it freezes up (can hear the audio stuttering) and then it immediately quits. Already posted on the xbox feedback thing about this, but does this game work for anyone else?

I've had random refusals to start and a couple of crashes of BC titles, including NBA Jam. I got them to work by restarting the system or the game itself. Seems like there are some stability issues when initializing the BC software still.

Alx

I played the first missions of Halo Reach campaign last week-end and I thought it was fine, performance-wise (still not a huge fan of Halo though, but for some reason I found Reach more entertaining than my previous experiences with the IP).
The game didn't want to start yesterday evening though, it got stuck at the Xbox 360 boot screen, while other BC games worked fine.

I have a UK code for Just Cause 2 that came with my copy of the 3rd game. I already have the game for BC as it was free with Games with Gold a while back. Anyone want it?

So I did some testing with xbox live and BC titles, my live ran out a few weeks ago and I just finished using up the 14 free days you get with halo 5, so I have no more xbox live gold currently.

I was however able to play monday night combat and hydro thunder hurricane on my xbox one online without issue, hydro thunder needed the dlc to be installed but that's normal for online games.

After two hours with Xbox live support I've had no luck with my BC issue. I can load and play games, but cannot load my profile or be "online" within an Xbox 360 game. Everything from the the Xbox one side of things is fine. Kind of ruins the whole thing since I cannot save game progress. Many reboots, reinstall of games and profiles, etc. to no avail. Anyone have a similar issue? Any known resolution?

After two hours with Xbox live support I've had no luck with my BC issue. I can load and play games, but cannot load my profile or be "online" within an Xbox 360 game. Everything from the the Xbox one side of things is fine. Kind of ruins the whole thing since I cannot save game progress. Many reboots, reinstall of games and profiles, etc. to no avail. Anyone have a similar issue? Any known resolution?

Have you been able to re-download your X360 Live profile? I think you might also be able to try deleting offline, local X360 storage in your storage management in the main X1 settings.

Have you been able to re-download your X360 Live profile? I think you might also be able to try deleting offline, local X360 storage in your storage management in the main X1 settings.

I've tried deleting the Xbox 360 storage. Is there a way to re-download my 360 profile through the Xbox one (not in a 360 BC game)?

I've not bumped into any issues like that yet, hope you can work something out.

I do however have issues of logging into a BC game and having the emulator completely crash on me about 1 in 5 times.

So I fixed my issue. Changed to a wireless connection and was able to download the needed files for my Xbox 360 profile. Now I can run BC games properly. I'm confused on why it worked wireless but not wired, but if anyone has the same issue give this a shot.

Markiss614

So I did some testing with xbox live and BC titles, my live ran out a few weeks ago and I just finished using up the 14 free days you get with halo 5, so I have no more xbox live gold currently.

I was however able to play monday night combat and hydro thunder hurricane on my xbox one online without issue, hydro thunder needed the dlc to be installed but that's normal for online games.

It's weird isn't it? I'm not complaining, but it looks like BC games don't require Xbox Live Gold to play online. I wonder if it's a bug or intentional or just a side effect of how BC works?

I tried halo reach tonight for a bit and wow that is a bad way to play that game.

I have been very not impressed with Xbox one backwards comparability for any kind of higher fidelity 3d games. Smaller 2d stuff seems to be quite good and works well but any "full" games I've just uninstalled after playing a bit, except fallout 3 which seems to work beautifully somehow.

I know its very technically impressive that it works at all but its a bad experience and I think it's more of a marketing move than any practical use for many of the games they're advertising as backwards compatible at this point.

Hopefully they focus on increasing comparability and working out bugs.

I tried halo reach tonight for a bit and wow that is a bad way to play that game.

I have been very not impressed with Xbox one backwards comparability for any kind of higher fidelity 3d games. Smaller 2d stuff seems to be quite good and works well but any "full" games I've just uninstalled after playing a bit, except fallout 3 which seems to work beautifully somehow.

I know its very technically impressive that it works at all but its a bad experience and I think it's more of a marketing move than any practical use for many of the games they're advertising as backwards compatible at this point.

Hopefully they focus on increasing comparability and working out bugs.

Yup the more demanding games really have issues with Framerate and Input lag.

Really old games or not so demanding ones and Arcade games run really great for the most part.

Games that still need a lot of care are the Gears games and Reach.

I hope they start testing new games through the Preview Program before release. So games could come out with way less issues for the general public.

I mean a RDR for example with a horrible framerate and input lag would be a big fun killer for me.

Hugstable

Banned
Has anyone tried that Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World on Xbox One BC? Games look really neat to me and I never got the chance to play them when I was younger and would be down to pick it up if you emulates well.

Has anyone tried that Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World on Xbox One BC? Games look really neat to me and I never got the chance to play them when I was younger and would be down to pick it up if you emulates well.
Haven't tried that collection, but the Streets of Rage one and Alex Kidd are excellent and way better than the lazy single releases by Backbone. I would safely assume the Monster World one is really good too!

breezer79

The BC for this game works fine on my Xbone ;)

Chris1

Is OP's ban permanent? if so maybe we should all move back to Banjo's thread? That seems to be more active lately anyways. Not sure how this works

cuilan

I've tried them out. They run fine via BC when compared to an actual 360 from what I could tell, but I didn't play them for very long.

For some reason I can't get NBA Jam to work. After pressing start at the title screen, it freezes up (can hear the audio stuttering) and then it immediately quits. Already posted on the xbox feedback thing about this, but does this game work for anyone else?

I've had random refusals to start and a couple of crashes of BC titles, including NBA Jam. I got them to work by restarting the system or the game itself. Seems like there are some stability issues when initializing the BC software still.
I own two 360s (Jasper and newer model) and NBA Jam frequently freezes on title screens.

SpokkX

The Gears 3 update really smoothed things out, before the framerate was all over the place

Never played it on 360 but thhr framerate is good, some minor drops but hardly affects the game unlike before

Bodes well for future bc titles imo since gears 3 must really push the 360

Syriel

I've tried deleting the Xbox 360 storage. Is there a way to re-download my 360 profile through the Xbox one (not in a 360 BC game)?

I believe you need to be in a game to do it.

Isn't Deus Ex a free game with this?

The original Deus Ex: Human Revolution is BC.

The director's cut is NOT BC.

The two smaller DLC packs work in BC with DX:HR, but the big one, The Missing Link, is not yet BC enabled.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I believe you need to be in a game to do it.

The original Deus Ex: Human Revolution is BC.

The director's cut is NOT BC.

The two smaller DLC packs work in BC with DX:HR, but the big one, The Missing Link, is not yet BC enabled.
I know.

It's free from the 16th.

Astrates

I look forward to the rest of the Mass Effect series being brought along. Played Gears 2 on it Sith my brother, some fps drops but I can't say if it's due to BC etc.

On my 360 now and I realise that I used to download trailers to watch all the time. Have them from 2007/8 onwards. I miss having the trailers on console, I know YouTube makes it obsolete but having things like the Gears 2 Rendezvous trailer, or Mass Effect cinematics here brings back so many memories.

d58e7

Has there been any indication on when the next batch of games are getting announced this month? I really hope we get some jrpgs, I really feel like playing eternal sonata or tales of vesperia.

Has there been any indication on when the next batch of games are getting announced this month? I really hope we get some jrpgs, I really feel like playing eternal sonata or tales of vesperia.

No info yet I believe. I will update the OT when they are announced.

Velcoro

I'm waiting for some Ubisoft games especially Splinter Cell Blacklist. Hopefully the next batch comes soon.

EvB

I'm waiting for some Ubisoft games especially Splinter Cell Blacklist. Hopefully the next batch comes soon.

Blacklist was such an underrated game, especially in the graphics department, I'd put it up there with uncharted and Halo 4

TheKeyPit

Banned
Blacklist was such an underrated game, especially in the graphics department, I'd put it up there with uncharted and Halo 4

I've only played a demo at gamescom back then and liked what I saw. If it gets bc I'll gladly purchase it right away.

Velcoro

It really is. Spent countless hours playing co-op with my best friend. I wonder if they'll bring back anymore SC games besides Blacklist.

Adding this month's list to the OT:

• Aegis Wing
  • Age of Booty
  • Counter-Strike: GO
  • Jeremy McGrath’s Offroad Arcade
  • Sam & Max Save the World
  • Skullgirls
  • Small Arms
  • Soul Calibur
  • Space Giraffe
  • The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Chitown B

if you're as bummed by the list as me, note that they have said they will now put out games as they're approved rather than waiting for one chunk once a month.

Top Bottom