• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Doodle God 2 is coming "exclusively first" to Microsoft devices including Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Xbox One. It was demoed as part of Build in a talk demonstrating that the game was built with 100% shared code between the platforms. Pick up and play the game on your phone, pause it, then pick up right where you left off on your Xbox One, all thanks to the power of the cloud (tm). :p

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/stevengu/ar...ace-cloud-first-mobile-first-experiences.aspx

"•Doodle God 2, the successor to JoyBits’ hit game Doodle God, will start as an exclusive to Microsoft. JoyBits built the new game in native C++ and Direct X code and used 100% of the same code across Windows 8.1 Update, Windows Phone 8.1 and Xbox One, enabling players to pause the game on one device and resume where they left off on another (powered by Windows Azure). "

^ will add to the OP.

Interesting the cross-platform stuff, I hope they're intending to make it cross-buy although I wont hold my breath

eastx

Doodle God 2 is coming "exclusively first" to Microsoft devices including Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Xbox One. It was demoed as part of Build in a talk demonstrating that the game was built with 100% shared code between the platforms. Pick up and play the game on your phone, pause it, then pick up right where you left off on your Xbox One, all thanks to the power of the cloud (tm). :p

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/stevengu/ar...ace-cloud-first-mobile-first-experiences.aspx

"•Doodle God 2, the successor to JoyBits’ hit game Doodle God, will start as an exclusive to Microsoft. JoyBits built the new game in native C++ and Direct X code and used 100% of the same code across Windows 8.1 Update, Windows Phone 8.1 and Xbox One, enabling players to pause the game on one device and resume where they left off on another (powered by Windows Azure). "

The first Doodle God (and the series as a whole) is this awful game of trial-and-error and keeping track of the hundreds of things you've tried or need to try... It's fun for a few minutes but the experience doesn't hold up for one game IMO, let alone several. So I'm not enthused for Doodle God 2, but maybe they'll reinvent it something.

The first Doodle God (and the series as a whole) is this awful game of trial-and-error and keeping track of the hundreds of things you've tried or need to try... It's fun for a few minutes but the experience doesn't hold up for one game IMO, let alone several. So I'm not enthused for Doodle God 2, but maybe they'll reinvent it something.

I quite enjoyed it and had a blast getting the 200/200 on it. I agree that sometimes it was just like guessing, but they did have some categories besides the main missions that were pretty well done.

Super Time Force, Below, D4 and Minecraft Xbox One edition all need to come out soon as well.

Yes, where is D4???? One of my most antecipated games.

I quite enjoyed it and had a blast getting the 200/200 on it. I agree that sometimes it was just like guessing, but they did have some categories besides the main missions that were pretty well done.

Besides, I think the game is most target towards touchscreen devices like phones and tablets. Not sure if it will be enjoyable in the Xbox One.

ElNino

Besides, I think the game is most target towards touchscreen devices like phones and tablets. Not sure if it will be enjoyable in the Xbox One.
Yeah, I would imagine that the X1 port is more of a PoC for using shared code across the three platforms. As a phone game it was fun enough to spend a few minutes trying different combos to see what you could make, but I don't know if that translate very well to the console.

Yes, where is D4???? One of my most antecipated games.

Yeah, I would imagine that the X1 port is more of a PoC for using shared code across the three platforms. As a phone game it was fun enough to spend a few minutes trying different combos to see what you could make, but I don't know if that translate very well to the console.

I mean, it's not like it is super touch screen intensive. The controls consist of you dragging/touching elements/objects and matching them with other objects. Grab the controller, select an item and then select another item to match them.

I'll wait and see how they made it, but I enjoyed the first one so I'm hopeful I guess :p.

edit:

Looks like Pier Solar HD is targeting the last day of April as it's release (April 30). Seems I may have to split my time between that and Child of Light on the same day :D
https://twitter.com/watermelongames/status/448137462397693952

Looks like Pier Solar HD is targeting the last day of April as it's release (April 30). Seems I may have to split my time between that and Child of Light on the same day :D
https://twitter.com/watermelongames/status/448137462397693952

That is not a wise decision to release two rpgs at the same day. For sure it will impact the sales, and I think PS will suffer the most.

Edited: they did not specific mentioned the Xbox One on that twitter, will all versions ready on the same day?

Shining Empire to Xbox One (and 360) - Theres a video at the link

Shining Empire began as the spiritual successor to the Shining Force series (after Sega gave the axe to Shining Force Online last December 24th), but now it's turned into a massive 1,000 hour plus RPG which steps way beyond the boundaries that Shining Force set. Now, Arcade County is ready to announce Xbox versions (360 and one) to accompany the original PC/Mac title.

That is not a wise decision to release two rpgs at the same day. For sure it will impact the sales, and I think PS will suffer the most.

Edited: they did not specific mentioned the Xbox One on that twitter, will all versions ready on the same day?

Someone asked about the PS4 release in a different post a week or so back, and they said "April".
https://twitter.com/watermelongames/status/444097559850516480

Since there is launch parity between the consoles, then the Xbox One version must release at the same time.

The project is still ongoing in its kickstarter if you guys want to back it. He got funded in 72 hours. Let's get it to $12,000 for co-op! Still 27 days to go for the stretch goals:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1009226258/shining-empire

I'm going to back it on Friday when I get paid. Also, I'm assuming the game will be $20 at launch since the digital download tier is $17.

It is $15 at launch, I think you are paying the extra $2 to beta test it, get it a week early, and have your name in the credits.

I asked Jamie Fristrom (Happion Labs) about the price for Sixty Second Shooter Prime when its out (pre-certfication is in a few days):

Great price, I'm in for that!! Hope he gets some success, I know he put Energy Hook on hold to bring this to Xbox One owners.

ElNino

I mean, it's not like it is super touch screen intensive. The controls consist of you dragging/touching elements/objects and matching them with other objects. Grab the controller, select an item and then select another item to match them.

I'll wait and see how they made it, but I enjoyed the first one so I'm hopeful I guess :p.
I'm sure from an interface/controls point of view, Doodle God would work fine with a controller. I just thank that the style of game itself is better lent towards the phone/tablet space and short periods of play.

For the record, I thought the first one was decently fun as well... but I would much rather play it on my phone than a console.

I asked Jamie Fristrom (Happion Labs) about the price for Sixty Second Shooter Prime when its out (pre-certfication is in a few days):

happionlabs: Pretty sure Sixty Second Shooter Prime will sell for $4.95. Maybe there will be a launch sale, if that's easy to do.

It's been there a few days but always produced an error when trying to buy, can you actually buy it now without an error? I can't try at work :(

Yeah, sorry I did not know that the page was up for a few days... I tried to buy it and there was an error "displaying my payment options".

bluehat9

Didn't know where to post and didn't want to make a new thread that would probably get 5 replies, but if anyone plays Powerstar Golf, add me and let me know so I can add you. Just got the system and game, only have one friend so going against just his records seems to be missing part of the game (wish they would throw up random records based on your level).

Gamertag is bluehat9.

Is that game any good? The Strike Suit one.

I feel like a broken record, but the few community gameplay vids that are up look fun (search for the game via Smartglass if you want to watch them). I was hoping for a demo as I'm still not sure if it's worth the asking price, but as I'm somewhat hungry for some new games, I'll probably buy it and hope it's good.

Only has 1 review on metacritic right now which is a 60. Xboxachievements.com also has a review up that gave it a 60.

Keep an eye here I guess: http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/strike-suit-zero-directors-cut
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/strike-suit-zero-directors-cut

I feel like a broken record, but the few community gameplay vids that are up look fun (search for the game via Smartglass if you want to watch them). I was hoping for a demo as I'm still not sure if it's worth the asking price, but as I'm somewhat hungry for some new games, I'll probably buy it and hope it's good.

That's probably what I'm doing as well, since I want to review it and haven't heard back from their PR yet.

Didn't know where to post and didn't want to make a new thread that would probably get 5 replies, but if anyone plays Powerstar Golf, add me and let me know so I can add you. Just got the system and game, only have one friend so going against just his records seems to be missing part of the game (wish they would throw up random records based on your level).

Gamertag is bluehat9.

Me! Haven't played for a while, but I put a solid 10 hours into the game. Try to beat my scores! GT: backflip10019

I just saw this. It has got to be soon. I want to play that damn game.

Presumably they felt that there was a decent slew of content on XB1 between February (when it was originally due) and April (now) so they didn't need to release it wasn't ready. If they can give it more time to polish and make sure the episodes get released in a timely manner then its probably for the best

Presumably they felt that there was a decent slew of content on XB1 between February (when it was originally due) and April (now) so they didn't need to release it wasn't ready. If they can give it more time to polish and make sure the episodes get released in a timely manner then its probably for the best

So we'll get the full game instead of just the first episode...as was the original plan?

Gamertag is bluehat9.

You can add me. I don't play it much but I did for a while.

Vercingtorax

So we'll get the full game instead of just the first episode...as was the original plan?

No, you'll probably get a more polished game and a concrete schedule on the episodes I would presume (e.g. 1 a month or something).

I don't know anything just speculating about the delay

JaggedSac

Gamertag is bluehat9.

I've got it. JaggedSac

Doffen

Announcement at PAX maybe?
I can't see D4 taking up time at E3 again this year, it was even demoed during GDC Next last year.

No, you'll probably get a more polished game and a concrete schedule on the episodes I would presume (e.g. 1 a month or something).

I don't know anything just speculating about the delay

I think I'd prefer if they delayed it longer if it means we get the full game instead of the episodic approach, but that's mainly because of how wary I am of such an approach after Telltale's handling of TWAU.

eastx

I've only played the tutorial level, so I can't give proper impressions yet. I like the story and the voice acting. Don't like what seems like a reliance on lock-on missiles over close-range shots. Graphics are pretty basic and Xbox 360-ish so far. Looks like a lot of content, and you can replay individual levels at will, which is always good. Hoping the pace and combat pick up after that first level.

Top Bottom