• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

How much Strike Suit Zero will cost? I want to check it, but my backlog (even only counting XOne games) is really huge at the moment. I am still trying to finish Strider, Titanfall is playing right now, and Tomb Raider is coming for me this week (not to mention I did not finish Ryse yet).

£14.99/€18.99

I think its $20 although I'm not 100% sure.

Fixing/updating the OP is on my to do list for today btw.

eastx

Update on Strike Suit Zero from the developer:

The game has completely passed submission on Xbox One and PS4, so it's finished, it's now in the hands of marketing people to pick what day they think will be best for release.

Sounds like it might not come out this week after all. :-\

abracadaver

The glitched achievements for max still havent been fixed.

There is a timed achievement that ends in 7 days for getting all the eyes and pieces that hasnt unlocked for me.
The patch has been promised to come "soon" since january. I will probably miss the achievement because press play needs more than 4 months to patch their game. This sucks.

eastx

There is a timed achievement that ends in 7 days for getting all the eyes and pieces that hasnt unlocked for me.
The patch has been promised to come "soon" since january. I will probably miss the achievement because press play needs more than 4 months to patch their game. This sucks.

By Achievement, do you mean Challenge? I thought they had given up on timed Achievements after they were so unpopular in Full House Poker.

I put a fix in one of the threads, it's a risky one though. Basically delete save from cloud and console.

What you will find is that your % on the individual achievement will stay the same.
For instance I had 95% amulet and about 90% all eyes on the achievement % tracker, when I deleted my save from console and cloud I still had that percentage. So when I restarted the game, I had to collect about 6 eyes and 1 amulet piece for the achievements to pop.

If you don't want to risk it that's fine or your percentage may be lower meaning you have to collect more, but it should work.

Chitown B

challenge unlocked for me. what's glitched about it?

April is looking awesome already for digital titles... Strike Suit, then Trials Fusion, and at the end of the month one of my most anticipated titles, Child of Light.

I'm also expecting Nutjitsu (will it be free like Win8?), and Worms at some point.

I'm a happy man!

How are your controllers holding up guys? I was at best buy and the controller looks fine but i noticed some scratches on the plastic,was wondering if you notice that on your controllers?

frontieruk

How are your controllers holding up guys? I was at best buy and the controller looks fine but i noticed some scratches on the plastic,was wondering if you notice that on your controllers?

Because everyone will treat their controllers like the one in a shop that doesn't belong to them... Right?

Lima

Mine is dirty as fuck (what is that shit coming out of my hands?) but holding up pretty well otherwise.

But that's Kinect Sports Rivals day. Strange decision, should've released it one week earlier.

I dont think it really matters that its KSR day. The week after is Trials, then a couple of weeks after that is Child of Light.

Got to release at some point, if that date is the best for PS4 and Xbox One then they have to release it at some point.

I'll probably be buying SSZ that day instead of KSR

eastx

But that's Kinect Sports Rivals day. Strange decision, should've released it one week earlier.

I agree that spreading its release out from April 8 would have been wiser. Especially since the game has been done for at least a week or two. Different audiences surely, but it never hurts to be the only game in town on release day.

Just had a 2.6GB update for Max, anyone know what its for?

•The game is finally available in Germany and Brazil!
•Stuttering in cutscenes has been fixed.
•Overall performance has been enhanced and people should experience far less framerate drops.
•The boss fight has been tweaked to be a tad easier, and various bugs in it have been fixed.
•Drawing branches has undergone an overhaul – it should now be much easier to draw the shape of branch you want.
•Erasing with the Marker has a new visual effect and you can now tap-erase if you so desire instead of dragging.
•Achievements are now registering the right way – the people who have reported missing achievements should now receive their just rewards and see that their efforts have not been in vain.
•A truckload of minor graphical issues have been fixed.

They also added a game meld too.

•Overall performance has been enhanced and people should experience far less framerate drops.
•The boss fight has been tweaked to be a tad easier, and various bugs in it have been fixed.
•Drawing branches has undergone an overhaul – it should now be much easier to draw the shape of branch you want.
•Erasing with the Marker has a new visual effect and you can now tap-erase if you so desire instead of dragging.
•Achievements are now registering the right way – the people who have reported missing achievements should now receive their just rewards and see that their efforts have not been in vain.

Time to try to 1000/1000 this, then!

Very nice, seems they added a lot of cool concept art and stuff in the game meld section. Very cool stuff.

Already 1000/1000 long ago, no reason to try it back. But boss fight made easy? It was already super-easy (even win without getting hit). Players these days....

Already 1000/1000 long ago, no reason to try it back. But boss fight made easy? It was already super-easy (even win without getting hit). Players these days....

Yep, it took me maybe 10 tries to do it without dying for the achievement because I kept making stupid mistakes, but once you get the process down it is insanely easy. Not sure why it needed to be made easier.

Chitown B

Yep, it took me maybe 10 tries to do it without dying for the achievement because I kept making stupid mistakes, but once you get the process down it is insanely easy. Not sure why it needed to be made easier.

I know what you're saying, but in comparison to enemy difficulty the rest of the game, it was a pretty big spike. Considering it is kind of a kids' game.

Leflus

Speaking of Max, apparently Press Play's next game launches this year:

http://www.totalxbox.com/74243/press-plays-next-xbox-one-game-to-launch-holiday-2014/

Though, I don't see any quote anywhere in the article to confirm that claim.
Here's the original source: http://www.illgaming.in/2014/03/pre...e-dittmer-on-upcoming-projects-max-microsoft/

I like this quote:
“Donkey Kong is my personal favourite but given that we are a part of Microsoft, I think we will never get to work on Donkey Kong and I think Donkey Kong Jungle Beat is one of the best platformers ever made. If we were to choose from Microsoft IPs I would love to make a Banjo game because I feel Banjo series is fun and silly in a good way”.

derFeef

Their next game is the new Tentacles game. Not sure if they can handle Banjo - at least not as a small studio like they are right now. And also not sure if a smaller Banjo game is what anybody would want.

Their next game is the new Tentacles game. Not sure if they can handle Banjo - at least not as a small studio like they are right now. And also not sure if a smaller Banjo game is what anybody would want.

Banjo has no chance of being a full retail release IMO. If banjo is to come back then they need to go smaller platformers, nice art style smaller team £15 or so digital title is how I imagine it happening.

Id love to be proved wrong but I don't think I would be

Banjo has no chance of being a full retail release IMO. If banjo is to come back then they need to go smaller platformers, nice art style smaller team £15 or so digital title is how I imagine it happening.

Id love to be proved wrong but I don't think I would be

I fully agree with Steve and have been saying this to my friends and community members for years now... they NEED to release Banjo as a direct digital game like Max. I don't think it stands any chance at $60, and being a $40 game to people almost sends off a worse message of quality than a $20 DD game does imo. Make the scope smaller, spend less money creating the game, but enough where you can justify making it, ect.

Press Play would be the perfect internal studio to work on Banjo if Rare has no plans of doing so. Banjo is a pretty great/popular/historic IP, and the fact they are just sitting on it is mind numbing.

Got my achievements after updating the game this morning. Hell yeah, game is now 1000/1000.

Just watched a Dev Diary for Strike Suit. I totally forgot they were flooded in December and lost a lot of their personal collections/equipment. Well, they have my money anyways when the game releases next week.

derFeef

I think a big Banjo game or paltformer in general can work on a new system. You just have to make it special somehow.

pacman85

I picked up Tomb Raider when it was on sale for $30 (actually $15 because of game sharing with my friend and his XBox One) this past weekend but haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet so I hope it is good! I have read good things so I figured it was worth the game at $15.

what is 4j studios up to now? Maybe they can port the same two banjo and PD xbla titles to xbox one. And while they at it get the conker N64 version.

eastx

Strike Suit Zero review codes are going out April 4th is the new word... They originally planned for March but the release date shift seems to have changed things.

Top Bottom