• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Montresor

Thanks for your answers Fortinbras and Vert. I guess I'll be playing it this week then.

My recommendation is to play it like this:

1st playthrough: Just enjoy the game on Normal mode, don't go for any side quests, or achievements, pick whatever weapons you love to use and enjoy the beautiful story, music, and art style.

2nd playthrough: Make sure to pick Score Attack (not Vanilla New Game +). Score Attack and New Game + both count towards the "Complete New Game +" achievement but Score Attack happens to have a score overlay... that's the only difference. And there is an achievement for getting 1 million+ score in Score Attack.

With the second playthrough you can start going after side quests and other miscellaneous achievements, including the battle arenas.

It's not like Bastion on 360 though. There are a couple of hard as heck achievements involving the battle arenas. But guides online will help tremendously.

It's an incredible game. I'm so glad I'm finally back to playing on Xbox One. Past three months have been miserable for me, but I'm in a happier place now and starting to enjoy myself again. I used to not attempt to play any games after work... And I've played hours of Bastion in the past couple of days. I just got the 1000 gamerscore a couple of moments ago. This is definitely one of the best games on the system. That music!

Montresor

Sorry for third post in a row. I can't remember if I ever posted here about Oxenfree and mobile Neogaf doesn't have the ability to search your own post history. But I got the 1000 gamerscore for that last month. Definitely a lovely lovely game. Wonderful sci fi and ghost story hybrid with young adults / teens in a spooky and surreal adventure. There aren't much in the way of puzzles - it's primarily a narrative experience with the bulk of game play consisting of exploration and dialogue choices.

I also played The Bunker and hated it. Very boring game. Blergh.

My ratings:

Bastion: 4.5/5
Oxenfree: 4.5/5
The Bunker: 1.5/5

Vert boil

Released today,

Ghost Blade HD - 10$, 1GB.

New Pre-Order,

Has-Been Heroes - 20$

-----
Not sure how old this is but Inside has a trial now.

No time limit, you can unlock three achievements worth 210gs.

Oynox

Incredible that there Xbox Wire announced so many ID@Xbox games couple of days ago. Yesterday they released a separate post regarding ID@Xbox games at GDC. The list of games coming to Xbox One is absolutely fantastic. So many interesting Indie titles there.

A few highlight of mine are Cities Skyline, Graveyard Keeper looked interesting as well, super cute Ooblets (my girlfriend will love this lol), Wargroove and of course Path of Exile. Great year :)

http://news.xbox.com/2017/02/28/idxbox-games-gdc-2017/

So Switch launches with World Heroes Perfect on the eShop, meanwhile Xbox One only gets the original World Heroes.

Achievements or not I know which one I'll be getting, and trust me it's not the 3 sequel/upgrades behind version. :\

eastx

I will be all over these as soon as they are all bundled together and put on sale for like $15.

Some of them go on sale for $4 every now and then on PSN. I don't think you're going to get any amazing bundles. Hamster just values old arcade games at $8, no matter how basic they are (see Gradius, etc.).

Rembrandt

Banned
So battlefield 1 and dragon ball xenoverse 2 randomly popped up in my ready to install list...

I'm gonna install dragon ball first to see about the license, but very weird. I haven't gotten any emails for new purchases so idk.

$15 for a $3 phone game and free on the pc? Really?

I saw a post from the developer of Dead Effect on the Steam forums once, and they said that for the PC/console versions, the game is rebalanced and actually has more enemies because of the improved controls, and the microtransactions are removed. When I see other mobile ports cost more, I just assume it's the same, they're compensating for the lack of microtransactions.

There's slowdown visible in the game clips they have up for these games. I would jump at like $5.
Massive slowdowns, sound dropping out randomly etc.

I only played Metal Slug but according to reviews in the German store World Heroes has the same problems.

Are the PS4 versions better?

Montresor

Anyone played the following three?

A Pixel Story
Shift Happens
forma.8

I looked at the recently released games and only those three seem like they're in a genre I will like.

But blergh, they are so unpopular. Barely any reviews for them. I need to know if they're actually good. And I hope some of you guys in here have played them.

Shift Happens has a trial and I'll be trying that soon but I'd still like your thoughts.

Montresor

Well I played the Shift Happens trial (on a dummy gamertag btw, in case you guys are snooping on my tag and say "Hey Montresor, it's not in your list, what gives buddy?"

It was decent. The graphics are very clean and cute, but not impressive. Clean visuals, but very simple and uninteresting at the same time. And the music seems mediocre.

I love puzzle games but I don't think I can justify sinking time into this (or the $15). Not unless I hear the thoughts of a forum member that has completed the game start to finish.

I'm passing.

Connected easily.
Ran Hat in Time, as it has pad functionality built in.
Ran pretty poorly, even on a good home wired network. Improved over time.
Anything else was tricksy: cannot manipulate PC via console (maybe there is a Win 10 setting to permit external input or something?)

It it's supported and updated it could be aces. As for now, unless I am missing something, it's a nice idea needing more cooking!

U2NUMB

How do you install this on Xbox One? With the link, it just launches the Windows 10 store and the only option is local install. And I can't find it on the Xbox One store on the Xbox One.

Just search Remotr on the Xbox One store. I have not tried it yet but was easy to find and install.

Brakara

Thanks, found it. Tried The Witness, but just got a black screen (though the menu worked), and had to hard exit the app on my Xbox to get control of my PC back (mouse input didn't work when the Xbox app was connected to my PC).

A shame, because I want something like this to work so fucking bad.

RedStep

What's bad about it?

AWFUL slowdown, the worst I've seen in an XBO game. Crashes, stutters, awful interface, sound drops. I hate-played it to get the 1000gs (which took about an hour), but I'm done with the Neo Geo ports until they put some effort in (and drop the price).

eastx

AWFUL slowdown, the worst I've seen in an XBO game. Crashes, stutters, awful interface, sound drops. I hate-played it to get the 1000gs (which took about an hour), but I'm done with the Neo Geo ports until they put some effort in (and drop the price).

Thanks. Shame their emulator runs so terribly.

Top Bottom