• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One fabulous Toys R' Us demo

KoopaTheCasual

Xbox One might be a VIP club of actual adults.
lol @ angry PS4 fanboys disliking the video.
A post containing an extremely colloquial "lol @" , massive generalizations, and ad hominem, all in under 10 words. And then you turn around and have the gall to allude to yourself being an "actual adult". Come on, dude.

I am buying an Xbox One and I hate the video. Which club do I join.
Sorry. You're an angry PS4 fanboy now.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I am buying an Xbox One and I hate the video. Which club do I join.

The special person's invites club.

eUrSH7C.gif

sono

"it comes with a HDMI cable" -> "that is too cool!!"

"you can use it to play bluray disks" -> "ok!!"

I stopped watching here, I could not go on.

Then why fall on your sword over it?

Because my criticism against unnecessary and destructive hate keeps getting interpreted as unconditional love for everything Xbox.

I'm not a fan of everything Xbox does. Earlier this year, I was pretty certain I was getting a PS4 because of Microsoft's restrictive policies. I think Microsoft failed in several different ways from DRM, bad marketing, failing to accurately predict PS4's specs/price, and too much focus on Kinect.

Once Microsoft overturned DRM, I preordered the console. Fortunally for Microsoft, they still had the better games IMO.

Minions

Still find it lame Microsoft didn't step it up and include the play and charge kit with the controller.... It always seems like there are hidden costs involved with Microsofts consoles.... hopefully the batteries are not complete crap this time. I think there was/is a well known problem with the play and charge kits dieing frequently... at least the ones I have/had did.

It is a plus having the option to change out packs (so u can leave one charging on the stand) and still use the same controller, or use AA's if you are in a pinch though. Still think $60 without a rechargeable battery is pretty lame considering the PS4 pulls it off. (I'm assuming this is one way for them to recoup costs on the Xbox One)

Piggus

Still find it lame Microsoft didn't step it up and include the play and charge kit with the controller.... It always seems like there are hidden costs involved with Microsofts consoles.... hopefully the batteries are not complete crap this time. I think there was/is a well known problem with the play and charge kits dieing frequently... at least the ones I have/had did.

It is a plus having the option to change out packs (so u can leave one charging on the stand) and still use the same controller, or use AA's if you are in a pinch though. Still think $60 without a rechargeable battery is pretty lame considering the PS4 pulls it off. (I'm assuming this is one way for them to recoup costs on the Xbox One)

Or maybe the controllers should just have built-in batteries like other 21st century products. :p

Edit: missed your edit

There are hidden costs with most systems since this past generation. PS3 came with no headset and the charge cable was pitifully short. The Xbox 360 had the play&charge, Live, and hard drives (plus the faceplates, which I sort've miss except for switching them off). Wii felt necessary to have multiple controllers in the beginning. Portable systems have cases for the system and games, screen protectors, stylus', and memory cards (Vita).

With that said, I think one of my play and charge kits crapped out fairly early on, but the DS3 is pretty notorious for dying. Plus and minus on both sides.

Minions

There are hidden costs with most systems since this past generation. PS3 came with no headset and the charge cable was pitifully short. The Xbox 360 had the play&charge, Live, and hard drives (plus the faceplates, which I sort've miss except for switching them off). Wii felt necessary to have multiple controllers in the beginning. Portable systems have cases for the system and games, screen protectors, stylus', and memory cards (Vita).

With that said, I think one of my play and charge kits crapped out fairly early on, but the DS3 is pretty notorious for dying. Plus and minus on both sides.

All my launch controllers still hold a charge, so I never had issues with those. I did have a issue with the Sony Stereo Headset dying on me. I got that swapped at the retailer right before the warranty ran out though. Actually have a sixaxis controller that I pretty much retired (still works, but I want the rumble). I'd love to have the ability to swap batteries in the PS4 controller, but I still want a rechargeable included. It just seems like a normal feature these days.

viveks86

So, I take it "No Skype at launch" (1:42) was news only to me?

Yeah I noticed that too! Just came to this thread and went through all the pages to see if it was being discussed! Was this known before? Or did this kid in a Toys R' Us advertisement inform us???

Why would Microsoft's own Skype not be ready for launch? They never originally planned to release by the 22nd, did they?

I find this random drip feed of info frustrating! I actually have people asking me what is and isn't available at launch and I'm not even sure anymore. Albert, if you are reading this, MS really needs to officially release a comprehensive checklist showing what consumers can expect to get at launch and by the holidays.

Banzai

This reminded me of the skits Ryan and Colin do on Whose Line haha. yeah, i know it's just a toys r us commercial, but still.

Summoner

Jesus that was brutal to watch. If M$/Toys R' Us was purposely was going for that angle of demomgraphic/speech tone....they should have had an animated Michelangelo and Donatello from TMNT do that promo.

That would have been actual cool to watch. Not these DudeBros.

Barzul

Even if I were still a teenager, I would have cringed at the phony "cool" back n forth in that video.
Did the kid in the red shirt just drink some KoolAid, cause his lips are awfully red.
Yea and what's with the Xbox expert looking like a prepubescent Mike Brady?

774 dislikes.

You all got to admit though, the original Xbox infomovie was far more cringe-worthy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWALEOfgkuI
Yeah this original Xbox one is worse, says a lot on how bad it is. Grasshopper, really?

RaikuHebi

Banned
Remember when buying games from Toys R Us was relevant? When you had to pick the game from one long isle of tickets and take a slip to the counter, pay for the ticket, and then give it to some creepy dude in a cage who then handed you your brand new seals SNES game? Those were the days.
That's how I got my very first home console, the PS1 with Crash Bandicoot, at 5 years of age.

I've never heard consistent issues with DS3s dying. Mine have worked for years and I've only replaced them because of wear and tear.

Top Bottom