• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One February update is rolling out

dose

The TVs are all 60hz now, it's just that normally if they take in a 50hz signal they do the correct conversion so they don't judder.
What are you on about? PAL TVs are 50hz compatible, they don't convert anything.

What is the theoretical latest I can get this update?

yeah, i am used to waiting now lol. Was in the titanfall thread as the top poster yesterday, waited from like 9 AM-8 PM and finally snagged a code

I think by the weekend it should be there.

Larry Hryb ‏@majornelson 13m
The new storage screen you’ll see w/ the Xbox One System update going out this weekend http://mjr.mn/MkiPLZ pic.twitter.com/yv5lD8hBzT

chadskin

The TVs are all 60hz now, it's just that normally if they take in a 50hz signal they do the correct conversion so they don't judder.

The Xbox only outputs 60hz, but when it is receiving a 50hz signal it isn't converting it correctly, then is passing it through to the TV in a total juddery mess.

You can force the console to 50hz too, though.

Here are the precise instructions. First, set your Xbox One to auto-detect HDMI (under Display settings). Then, toggle the resolution from 1080p to 720p (or vice versa), which should trigger a prompt window asking if the screen is displaying correctly, and if you want to keep the new resolution. Select “No” before the 15 seconds is up. This seems to trick the Xbox One into thinking that the TV is not compatible with 60Hz signal, and voila! 50Hz output.

Remember that with this method though, a blanket frame rate of 50Hz is applied to ALL content on the Xbox One, meaning that even 30fps or 60fps video games will be displayed at 50Hz, which may look unnatural or even exhibit micro-stutter.

HDTVTest

If you snap TV and game, one of them will suffer from the stutter issue. And that's not fixable I assume.

Whogie

Got the update in the SF Bay Area. Seemed to happen shortly after turning the system on and off again. Hand gestures are about a billion times more accurate now. I wonder if voice commands are improved.

So my wifes XB1 got the update right away when I got home but my XB1 hasnt. We are connected to the same internet. If I hold down the power button for 8 seconds the console turns off and the power brick turns orange and it restarts but doesnt update. If I turn it off any other way then it just stays in standby mode with the white light on the power brick. Help?

airborn

Got the update, but:

- Still no option to remove downloadable content from hard drive which isn't tied to an already installed/owned game.
- Achievement app is still showing French descriptions for some titles (Powerstar Golf), while console and billing region are both set to UK (since my country isn't available yet).
- And then there's this:

4vstp4to12kay.jpeg

So do I now own Zoo Tycoon? Never played the full game, but downloaded the demo (which is installed).

Got my update in SoCal.. tried to turn the bone on with my voice and it wouldn't work so I turned it on with my controller and i now see a green bar.

Got the update, but:

- Still no option to remove downloadable content from hard drive which isn't tied to an already installed/owned game.
- Achievement app is still showing French descriptions for some titles (Powerstar Golf), while console and billing region are both set to UK (since my country isn't available yet).
- And then there's this:

So do I now own Zoo Tycoon? Never played the full game, but downloaded the demo (which is installed).

Yeah Zoo Tycoon shows up for me too.

branny

Killer Instinct looks really different now! The downside is that my eyes are watering from trying to focus on the softer text.

chadskin

Not in the LCD age they ain't, it's very rare for an LCD to change it's refresh rate.

If they could I'd be forcing my TV into 50HZ for PC gaming as I could have VSYNC and not have to worry about hitting 60fps all the time

I have no issues forcing 50hz or 60hz on my Mac mini and LG monitor or my LG TV that's hooked up to the PC. XBMC changes the refresh rate all the time, depending on content. 24fps, 60fps et. al.

Am_I_Evil

downloading the update now..in Long Island...turned the box off after seeing this thread and just waited a bit...eventually it started on its own...

danwarb

Not in the LCD age they ain't, it's very rare for an LCD to change it's refresh rate.

If they could I'd be forcing my TV into 50HZ for PC gaming as I could have VSYNC and not have to worry about hitting 60fps all the time

They change refresh rate whenever you put on a 24Hz movie. Or pal TV that isn't converted to a juddery mess by Xbox.

dose

That just isn't true. If the TV was converting 50Hz TV signal to 60Hz there would be noticable judder when watching a broadcast. And there isn't. What the hell is this 'correct conversion' you're on about?

Achievement pops are fixed!!!!!

what do you mean?

Got the update, but:

- And then there's this:

isn't the uninstalled games now a list to the right?yours is the old one still.

Derpcrawler

I am in China, imported One from US. Didn't have update hour ago so turned of console. Then someone posted the link to manual update. Turned on console to check my version of OS (to get the correct update file) and update started installing.

So I guess the waves are random and maybe attached to the batches of consoles somehow.

Jarrod38

to get update:

make sure auto updates are on in settings

turn off xbox one for 5-10 minutes

look for flashing white xbox logo on the console

turn on xbox one

green loading bar indicates it is installing

Did this but nothing is happening.

Top Bottom