• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One is huge

leadbelly

Banned
http://kotaku.com/how-big-is-the-xbox-one-lets-find-out-509175469

i think it will be about the same size of the original 360, but in that pic of geoff and don it does look huge, maybe there just small people?

Yeah. It's not that big, just very rectangular. I suppose its shape gives you the impression it is bigger than it actually is, especially at certain angles.

I have to say though, not only in that picture did it look huge, but in the stream itself.

It's really bland and character-less.
I was quite stunned by how little they nailed in this conference, down to the look of the console, to the name.

Basically the pad redesign, is the only thing i liked.

I dont like the pad, almost looks like a cross between orginal xbox controller (the huge one) and 360 controller.

Oare

N8xxItc.jpg

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I don't mind the large size if it means more reliable, since the RROD kept me away from the 360 for a VERY long time. What I don't like is the design.

They could make it large and classy.

phaonaut

Some people are complaining about the size of the vents, I think they are trying to keep it as cool as possible because they want the system to be on and ready 24/7.

Hatten

At least with all those vents it wont go RROD while playing Gears of War 4: Cole Train Returns

As for the controller, where I seen that one before?
saturn_controller.png

Sydle

So it's the same size as an original Xbox 360 (and smaller than a PS3)? It looks so much bigger. Maybe Geoff and Don are just petite.

Caayn

Nice, so not so big after all. Guessing this will be mostly ignored in this thread.
True, but that's because people here like to rant at every chance they get. Let them have their fun for now, they will soon realize that the PS3 Phat and the Original Xbox were bigger.

Should be in the OP and thread title changed to "Xbox One Looks Huge (in this pic)....."

Thanks. Would like to see that happen but I doubt that it will.
Yeah, it isn't that big.

The design has grown on me, I really like it and the white light that comes on at the front.

Then again my favourite looking system is the original Master System so I guess I'm just a sucker for retro aesthetics :p

Hehe even though I never had a Master System, I'm just not that old :p. I agree this design slowly grows on you. It looks pretty need while still blending in with my HiFI system.

Klocker

in that Kotaku video its about the same width of a mac book air 13".. also tiny compared to a dollar bill

don't know what the hell some of you people are talking about other than just jumping on the hate train

xJavonta

Banned
I'm guessing you don't want to spill a coke on top of that thing...

Why the fuck do you have Coke on your consoles?

in that Kotaku video its about the same width of a mac book air 13".. also tiny compared to a dollar bill

don't know what the hell some of you people are talking about

You're talking about the same forum that claimed looks don't matter when talking about a console but proceeded to bitch about the look of the Xbox One. People here are crazy.

-Cwalat-

How are people calling it pretty? Looks like a PC tower Dell put out almost 10 years ago.

Hehe, I dunno. I agree with you though, it looks like an ugly PC box fixed on a horizontal stand. It's half the size of Geoff lol.

The checker design probably one of the ugliest things I've seen for quite some time now.

Also, i expected alot of innovation for the controller design, it looks like the Xbox and Xbox 360 had an ugly grey baby.

Wth was Microsoft thinking?

Kusagari

I wonder if MS intentionally made it bland and boring.

I mean cable boxes, DVRs, etc all look pretty lame too. Might be part of MS's goal at taking over the living room by not making the Xbox stand out. They want to make it blend in.

xJavonta

Banned
I wonder if MS intentionally made it bland and boring.

I mean cable boxes, DVRs, etc all look pretty lame too. Might be part of MS's goal at taking over the living room by not making the Xbox stand out. They want to make it blend in.

Bland and boring? It's a console. I don't want it to be 101 fucking colors, that looks like a toy.

Ce-Lin

I've seen consoles looking like toys, others trying to be futuristic, high-tech, luxury, simple, retro... whatever, but the Xbox One just looks like a box, there's no other word, it has no style or purpose other than become my cat's new favorite nap place, I wonder if there's a purpose behind this non-design. Maybe they are trying to step away from consoles ? so much TV stuff and no focus on hardcore gamers.

True, but that's because people here like to rant at every chance they get. Let them have their fun for now, they will soon realize that the PS3 Phat and the Original Xbox were bigger.

I'd say it's more joking around. There was a chance to revive the old xbox is huge meme so people took it.

As for it's aesthetics, meh. I don't dislike or like it. It's just there. Yawn.

-Amon-

The point is if I'm looking at your setup I would instantly notice the 360, the Wii, etc.

I likely wouldn't notice this.

You mean this thing is designed for people who are ashamed of being recognized as gamers by the people they bring in their houses ?

Apart from that, if they choosed that design for cooling reasons kudos to them.

Top Bottom