• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One is huge

derder

ps2-ps2-xbox-xbox-360-wii-size-comparison.jpg

Yeah the size is not a problem.
someone should add this to the OP

ReBurn

Gold Member
Yeah, I seem to be one of the few that are pleased with the look.

I like it. It's great that it doesn't look like a toy, even though it is.

I wonder if, with HDMI pass-through, if I can hook my PS3 up to it and play it through Xbox One? Because I'd really like to play my Playstation games on my Xbox.

ps2-ps2-xbox-xbox-360-wii-size-comparison.jpg

Yeah the size is not a problem.

LOL PS3 was bigger than Xbox 1.

xJavonta

Banned
Wait? I thought everyone was saying it's huge? Thread says it's huge.
Don't believe everything gaf says, it's not large at all (unless you think the X360 S is large)

someone should add this to the OP
It won't happen. Gaf loves to hate.

I think it's going to be impossible to add positive information to an xbox one thread in the current mood gaf is in.
Pretty much. And a lot of the mods are shitting on it too so feeding some positive information is a no go.

I still don't understand the dislike for the design. It looks like a Harmon Kardon AV receiver which I think is one of the more slick minimalist industrial designs. I guess I just like simpler things and not big plastic shit on my AV rack.

But of course people will say this is probably ugly as shit.

Either way, I think it's fucking hilarious that the PS3 is bigger than anything. That thing was an ugly piece of design that didn't go good anywhere and was a magnet for dust. My favorite so far has been the Wii because it's indiscreet.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Please peruse practically every XB1 thread on this forum over the last 24 hours. It's nice to know that the console isn't as large as it looked in a few photos though.

I understand. It isn't really justified. But it isn't groupthink. Definitely not.

I remember seeing an image of someone who put a pen next to the Xbox One a couple hours ago, I'll have to see if I can find it; although essentially its 2 CD's in width and about 2 CDs in length.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Okay so I measured the XboxOne based of the USB port on the side. A USB port is about 1.3 ~1.4 CM wide. With that knowledge I came to know that the XboxOne is about 25cm depth and 30cm wide.

Now for comparison the:
PS3 Phat: 32.5 cm (w) x 9.8 cm (h) 27.4 cm (d)
PS3 Slim : 29cm (w) x 6.4cm (h) x 29cm (d)
X360 Phat: 30.9 cm (w) x 8.3 cm (h) x 25.8cm (d)
X360 Slim: 27cm (w) x 7.5cm (h) x 26.4cm (d)
Original Xbox: 32cm (w) x 10cm (h) x 26cm (d)

Now from my calculations I get these dimensions for the XboxOne: 29.5cm (w) x 7.5cm (h) x 24.7cm (d)

Note that the scale difference between the left and right picture is about 2.111*

5D9MdIh.png

Why is this still not in the OP?
Why is this thread still going?

Im shocked people actually keep going with this whole Xbone is huge when we know it isnt as huge as people think it is.

GAF disappoints me sometimes.

P.S Yes im quoting the post just to make sure it appears on every page of the thread so everyone who joins late realizes how silly this thread actually is.

Caayn

I've updated this post with more information.

Okay so I measured the XboxOne based of the USB port on the side. A USB port is about 1.3 ~1.4 CM wide. With that knowledge I came to know that the XboxOne is about 25cm depth and 30cm wide.

For comparison the:
PS3 Phat: 32.5 cm (w) x 9.8 cm (h) 27.4 cm (d)
PS3 Slim : 29cm (w) x 6.4cm (h) x 29cm (d)
X360 Phat: 30.9 cm (w) x 8.3 cm (h) x 25.8cm (d)
X360 Slim: 27cm (w) x 7.5cm (h) x 26.4cm (d)
Original Xbox: 32cm (w) x 10cm (h) x 26cm (d)

Now from my calculations I get these dimensions for the XboxOne:
29.5cm (w) x 7.5cm (h) x 24.7cm (d)

The peripherals:
Controller: 14.3cm (w)
Kinect V2: 23.3 cm (w) x 5.4 cm (d)

s4vXf6s.png

Please note that this my guess on the size of the console and its peripherals.

Mindwipe

I still don't understand the dislike for the design. It looks like a Harmon Kardon AV receiver which I think is one of the more slick minimalist industrial designs. I guess I just like simpler things and not big plastic shit on my AV rack.

That looks lovely.

The XBone looks nowhere near as nice as that.

Loxley

I'm not a fan of the design of the box simply because I think it looks boring and uninspired.

Having said that, how I feel about the design of the console only extends so far. At the end of the day it's the controller that I ultimately care about and will end up scrutinizing the most. I like the look of the Xbone controller, though I do wish MS would have talked about it more. I liked that Sony dedicated so much time to the DS4, and even made a whole video solely about the design of the controller itself.

NekoFever

But of course people will say this is probably ugly as shit.

Either way, I think it's fucking hilarious that the PS3 is bigger than anything. That thing was an ugly piece of design that didn't go good anywhere and was a magnet for dust. My favorite so far has been the Wii because it's indiscreet.
I agree with you. While it's not as nice as that AVR, it's the first console in a long time that actually looks like a piece of AV equipment. If I was buying one, it wouldn't look out of place alongside my AVR, Blu-ray player, etc.

Top Bottom