• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Will STILL Function if Kinect Isn't Plugged In.

p3tran

Banned
Everyone wants the StarTrek future, yet every one is going to complain every step of the way?

When I was a kid we where excited about innovation, and used our imaginations to try and see what the future may hold.

our difference is that what I perceive as a star trek device for advertisers, you perceive as the star trek device of gaming.

just for the small chance that I perceive better than you, I would like to have an option to have at least basic control of this star trek device, since I bought it and own it.

Raide

Hmm personally I hate advertising on every level and the new xbox dash somehow manages to irritate me more than the previous ones

As I said it's all about options

If i can turn it off fully and better yet turn off all the stupid dash ads then I probably wouldn't mind attaching the kinect although not sure I'll ever see the value that others on here seem to already see

Understandable. I do hope MS give people plenty of options. Personally I don't mind a bit of advertising but I ignore most of it since I usually just play games on my consoles. I get more than enough games advertising sitting on NeoGAF. :D

Xamdou

You can replace "Game of Thrones episode" with whatever digital game you have on your system, and the use case is basically the same. Or Game DVR, or Smartmatch, or whatever else. That's the whole point of these consoles being complex, integrated systems :p

Granted, not necessarily saying it's some crazy, game-changing innovation, but these things still can be a welcome convenience, an add to the overall experience of using the console.

Game of Thrones is a big deal, which is why my current 360 is my GoT fix. Xbox one will be my Season 4 GoT fix as well!

gogosox8

So if there is the possibility to just say "Xbox, play latest Game of Thrones episode", and the show instantly loads and starts playing then that is a bad thing versus the other option?

People would rather instead use the controller to select the 'Video/media' tab, then scroll to 'HBOgo', then scroll to 'Series', then scroll to 'Game of Thrones', then scroll to 'Episodes', then scroll to the latest episode, select it, then select play?

If you can instantly answer/make a Skype call along side of the game/video/webbrowser you are playing using your voice, would that not be better then having to pause a game, access the menu, select to answer, or select whom to call, then initiate the answer/call?

If I'm in the middle of a game of Madden online(or any other game), why would I want to have to stop that game to answer/make a call instead of just telling the Kinect to answer/make the call?

I don't get this logic. Crow and craw all you want about price and NSA, but it's sounds silly and pointless to me.

Do we really prefer to get up to change a channel or volume on the TV? Do we really prefer our landland phones over cell phones? Do we still use typewriters instead of computers?

It's about evolution, and I'd rather have a companies try to evolve and change instead of just rehashing old ideas with new paint.

Everyone wants the StarTrek future, yet every one is going to complain every step of the way?

When I was a kid we where excited about innovation, and used our imaginations to try and see what the future may hold.

Now? Now the new gamer generation just complains, complains, complains, fights against all change in the industry, is pessimistic with the evolution of hardware and software, and demands dev's/publishers/console manufacturers NOT move forward.

Then they still have the balls to go into a thread and whine about how the industry as a whole is not 'innovative' enough.

SMH

But nothing you described innovates the way we play videogames, it innovates the way we consume different kinds of media. Innovation would be using kinect in a way that enhanced playing video games, not saying "xbox game of thrones hbo go". I'm all for innovation of hardware and I think kinect is an interesting piece of technology, but besides making it easier to navigate live (which we didn't really need since the controller works just fine) what exactly has kinect done that makes playing games a more enjoyable experience than sitting on the couch with a controller? I really can't think of any.

This is great news. Now the only barriers for me is the bundled Kinect and the price. At least now they have the chance to convince me why I want the Kinect without forcing it down my throat.

Even if they release a kinectless version of the XB1 at $100 less, the majority here will still complain.
It’s a vocal minority coming into every single fucking XB1 thread and shitting ’em up, mostly concern trolls and charter members of SonyGAF. If I had a dollar for every sentence that starts or ends with “Lol” I read in XB1 threads I could afford a PS3 in 2006.

kitch9

Banned
Even if they release a kinectless version of the XB1 at $100 less, the majority here will still complain.

Say that since Kinect costs as much as the console to make, the XB1 sans Kinect should cost $250.

At $399 people will call it a rip off, and claim that Microsoft is gouging them, and say that they can't trust them, and that they wont buy a system until it's $250.

I see posters claim they will change their mind if "X' or "Y" happens, then "X" and "Y" happens, and they keep on complaining.

To be fair the mediocre hardware without kinect should be cheaper than the competition with substantially more powerful hardware.

Alcander

So if there is the possibility to just say "Xbox, play latest Game of Thrones episode", and the show instantly loads and starts playing then that is a bad thing versus the other option?

People would rather instead use the controller to select the 'Video/media' tab, then scroll to 'HBOgo', then scroll to 'Series', then scroll to 'Game of Thrones', then scroll to 'Episodes', then scroll to the latest episode, select it, then select play?

If you can instantly answer/make a Skype call along side of the game/video/webbrowser you are playing using your voice, would that not be better then having to pause a game, access the menu, select to answer, or select whom to call, then initiate the answer/call?

If I'm in the middle of a game of Madden online(or any other game), why would I want to have to stop that game to answer/make a call instead of just telling the Kinect to answer/make the call?

I don't get this logic. Crow and craw all you want about price and NSA, but it's sounds silly and pointless to me.

Do we really prefer to get up to change a channel or volume on the TV? Do we really prefer our landland phones over cell phones? Do we still use typewriters instead of computers?

It's about evolution, and I'd rather have a companies try to evolve and change instead of just rehashing old ideas with new paint.

Now? Now the new gamer generation just complains, complains, complains, fights against all change in the industry, is pessimistic with the evolution of hardware and software, and demands dev's/publishers/console manufacturers NOT move forward.

Then they still have the balls to go into a thread and whine about how the industry as a whole is not 'innovative' enough.

SMH

+1. Thank you

I suppose that's fair. Though I'd wager that if data collection/advertisements in general is an issue, no one would ever use console online services at all, heh.

if it was all game ads that wouldn't bother me but I see consoles as VG machines first and foremost

Logging on to my VG console and having Lady Gaga or Hangover III thrown in my face rubs me the wrong way personally

One reason I will never ever pay for gold again is the ads

I just can't accept paying for a service that throws ads at me like that

MS is getting paid like thrice over for me using their gold service

It's insane

DericLee

Banned
You talk about innovation but everything is TV and Skype. You should work for Microsoft.

??
Because I'm a 33 year old father and family man?

I use my 360 for gaming a ton, and also use it for media as well.

We watch Netflix, Hulu, and HBOgo, any innovation that simplifies and quickens the interface for these features benefits my household.

I also have DirecTV and Sunday ticket, so jumping for task to task, even not gaming related, appeals to me.

This is not even talking about how Kinect features in Core games could become plausible in an optimistic way, ways that we won't know/think about at this point, but that will come from having a 1:1 ration of Kinects/Systems for Dev's to consider.

Considering the amount of time spent on media features in consoles these days, I would say that such functionality to improve the experience is very relative.

Most people use one or more video streaming services on their consoles at this point in time, and most people have a cable or sat box.

So still don't understand why bringing it all together and making it more user friendly is a bad thing...

DericLee

Banned
But nothing you described innovates the way we play videogames, it innovates the way we consume different kinds of media. Innovation would be using kinect in a way that enhanced playing video games, not saying "xbox game of thrones hbo go". I'm all for innovation of hardware and I think kinect is an interesting piece of technology, but besides making it easier to navigate live (which we didn't really need since the controller works just fine) what exactly has kinect done that makes playing games a more enjoyable experience than sitting on the couch with a controller? I really can't think of any.

Only because I didn't touch on games, that is up to the imagination and 'A'/'B' testing that will come with the device being attached at a 1:1 ratio.

You also really don't need an IR/RF remote for your TV/Stereo/Bluray player either, I mean how hard is it to just get up and do this stuff manually? That doesn't belay the fact that once people use a remote, they prefer it.

How Kinect intergrats with gaming will be up to Dev's, and what they can possible come up with nobody knows. So it could be something thoughtful and great, or something tacked on and bad.

Either way, the path to the 'thoughtful and great' stuff will be slowed dramatically if they don't have a 1:1 ratio.

Just because you can't imagine the optimistic future of possible capabilities, doesn't mean those good things won't come.

That is why products in the same line offer different features, rather have change and innovation attempts then the same product from different manufacturers.

Wynnebeck

Banned
??

We watch Netflix, Hulu, and HBOgo, any innovation that simplifies and quickens the interface for these features benefits my household.

I also have DirecTV and Sunday ticket, so jumping for task to task, even not gaming related, appeals to me.

This is not even talking about how Kinect features in Core games could become plausible in an optimistic way, ways that we won't know/think about at this point, but that will come from having a 1:1 ration of Kinects/Systems for Dev's to consider.

Considering the amount of time spent on media features in consoles these days, I would say that such functionality to improve the experience is very relative.

Most people use one or more video streaming services on their consoles at this point in time, and most people have a cable or sat box.

So still don't understand why bringing it all together and making it more user friendly is a bad thing...

The reason none of that appeals to the majority is because it's solving problems we never had in the first place.

SMH

Say that since Kinect costs as much as the console to make, the XB1 sans Kinect should cost $250.

At $399 people will call it a rip off, and claim that Microsoft is gouging them, and say that they can't trust them, and that they wont buy a system until it's $250.

I see posters claim they will change their mind if "X' or "Y" happens, then "X" and "Y" happens, and they keep on complaining.

Two excellent posts and very well said. I've not seen one positive MS thread which hasn't been completely overrun by complaints over the new positive development.

You see posts like "I don't care if kinect is in there I just don't want it to be on all the time!"

MS: kinect doesn't have to be on.

"then why include it in the first place just give it to me $100 cheaper without it! "

you know if they actually did this you'd get more" lol back peddling xbone 180" and "should be $150 cheaper as it's only ddr3 ram!" or something like this.

Same shit in every MS thread. The worst one was the xbox runs silently thread. 20+ pages of crap over something which I don't see how anyone could turn into a negative.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
With the new Xbox having the ability to pin favourite TV shows,nyour be able to use a controller to watch the latest GoT much more easily than your convoluted example.

Ad what about the much more likely scenario that your favourite TV show is sitting recorded on your DVR? Tough, because Xbox one won't even know it is there. You want to sell me an integrated media experience and easy access to my latest shows? Don't leave out DVR recordings

BigDug13

??

For people like you who are a multiplayer gamer willing to pay the $60 per year fee for your multimedia applications, the system has plenty of appeal. Voice integration, live TV, and HBO Go (which requires a cable and HBO subscription to use so I never understood why it was so appealing, but I digress), this system has what you want.

But how many potential customers fall into your specific situation? Right now, it seems like with the aggressive Paywall locking of features, MS is only appealing to the 30 million customers who actually pay for live Gold. That's not a large audience since it has already been established that the XBO offers extremely little value without Gold.

cool_dude

Banned

SMH

+1. Well said.

The reason none of that appeals to the majority is because it's solving problems we never had in the first place.

What majority? GAF majority? That has nothing to do with the real world, and you nor I have any idea whether this will appeal to the majority or not. I lean on the side that it will appeal to the majority. What's up with your last sentence by the way? Have we gotten to the point in our culture where we are simply okay with the status quo just because it functions well enough? That kind of mindset would have us stuck in a rut somewhere in the 90s.

come on MS, just one more to flip.

ukE6PLn.jpg

Consequently, the day I stopped paying for xbox live was when i wanted to watch an episode of Archer on netflix and my xbox live had run out that day and i couldn't watch netflix.

So i turned on my ps3 and at the end of the episode i said to myself " wait a second, why am i paying for xbox live to see this?"

Again, that's not how innovators think. Just because you don't see a problem or a gap, it doesn't mean there isn't one there. Its a very short sighted way of thinking.

For me, I'm keen on kinect for a couple of features :illumiroom and how it can read me for my profile in different games like killer instinct. Little things like this will positively effect the way I approach gaming.

I can't wait to see what devs do with it a couple of years down the track.

NO ONE will have it plugged in. The only people saying otherwise are just trolls.

I think current Kinect usage would back up my claim sooner than yours. I'm betting virtually all of them are unplugged and in closets now.
Current usage is a terrible barometer because it was an add on that developers Didn't support. With one in every box the POTENTIAL is there for massive 3rd party support across a wide variety of games

DericLee

Banned

Again, the first IR remotes didn't solve a problem, nobody was complaining about turning that dial or pushing that button(heck I did until I was 10).

Instead it made people think, "wow, this is much more convenient".

Same with cell phones, before nobody had any issue with using their home phone, or an answering machine. Because there where no other options, so they just weren't considered. If you wanted to talk in your car you would just buy a CB, and pay a one time fee for hardware having it free to use from that point on.

Innovation of convenience is usually an unseen problem being solved.

But once people use that convenience, and become accustomed to it, there is no going back.

Raide

I have my Kinect always plugged in, since it can be used quickly for Netflix and iPlayer. If they had more games to play using it, it would get more use.

That is why I am glad they bundle it with Xbox One because I actually want developers to know the majority of systems have it and can actually spend time working on interesting stuff. Plus once the "All consoles are dev kits" thing works out, we can expect even more weird stuff.

BigDug13

Consequently, the day I stopped paying for xbox live was when i wanted to watch an episode of Archer on netflix and my xbox live had run out that day and i couldn't watch netflix.

So i turned on my ps3 and at the end of the episode i said to myself " wait a second, why am i paying for xbox live to see this?"

That's the crux of it. 30 million people pay for Live Gold. I just don't see what XBO offers the other 45 million 360 owners who don't pay for live Gold. It's not a media box for those 45 mil Xbox owners. It's not a web browser for those 45 mil Xbox owners. It won't even do TV Guide for those 45 mil Xbox owners.

So are we looking at 30 million seller for the generation because the other 45 million don't truly have any value in their purchase compared to the competition? Do you honestly think MS will convince a greater population to pay into their subscription system to access this magical multimedia capability?

Let me put it this way. If both PS4 and XBO repeat this gen's numbers and each sell around 75 million consoles and only 30 million owners of each console pays for Gold/PS+, which of the 45 million owners of each console that do not pay for the subscription service will have greater value in their console?

That's the crux of it. 30 million people pay for Live Gold. I just don't see what XBO offers the other 45 million 360 owners who don't pay for live Gold. It's not a media box for most Xbox owners. It's not a web browser for most Xbox owners. It won't even do TV Guide for most Xbox owners.

So are we looking at 30 million seller for the generation? Do you honestly think MS will convince a greater population to pay into their subscription system to access this magical multimedia capability?

Magical multimedia capability with ADs

All right i think I've complained enough about that for one thread

I'll be quiet now

DericLee

Banned
For people like you who are a multiplayer gamer willing to pay the $60 per year fee for your multimedia applications, the system has plenty of appeal. Voice integration, live TV, and HBO Go (which requires a cable and HBO subscription to use so I never understood why it was so appealing, but I digress), this system has what you want.

But how many potential customers fall into your specific situation? Right now, it seems like with the aggressive Paywall locking of features, MS is only appealing to the 30 million customers who actually pay for live Gold. That's not a large audience since it has already been established that the XBO offers extremely little value without Gold.

At what point do you draw the line of innovation vs stagnancy?

There are alternate choices for games, from Wii U, to PS4, to PC.

Why want all of them to be the same?

360 locked away a ton behind the paywall, but didn't seem to hurt them in the long run.

My point is that the choices are still there, so if you can get what you want from another system, at a cheaper price point, why care if another competitor offers a different set of value propositions that don't meet your needs?

If they are all the same, then what is the point then?

You would actually be removing 'choice' from the consumer, because no matter what they would buy it would basically be the same thing in the end.

Just seems counter intuitive to me for technologically innovation to always shoot for the lowest common denominator. Wouldn't get very far very fast if that where the case, somebody has to step up to the plate and make the attempt, over time it will either work or it wont, but at least we learn more about the path, and that will only help to continue progress and innovation.

p3tran

Banned
its very easy to just think of yourself and criticize everything that isn't you.

for example, in this side of the world, europe, we dont have netflix, hbo-whatever , fantasy football and all the other things you'll use your kinect for.

how's that for star trek steps?

and how is it for the "convenience" it offers to you and me, but for controlling stuff that are not available to me at all?

and bottom line, if microsoft cares so much about me having to speak instead of moving my thumb, and they firmly believe that this is the gamechanger of this generation for them, they can always do it for me through the headset, in the case I will decide I dont want the kinect taking space near my tv for whatever reason.

I bought a kinect for 360, I dont have it plugged unless I want to. I will get a kinect for the next one, now that I can also have it unplugged if I want to. if thats a problem for you, its not for me.

BigDug13

At what point do you draw the line of innovation vs stagnancy?

There are alternate choices for games, from Wii U, to PS4, to PC.

Why want all of them to be the same?

360 locked away a ton behind the paywall, but didn't seem to hurt them in the long run.

My point is that the choices are still there, so if you can get what you want from another system, at a cheaper price point, why care if another competitor offers a different set of value propositions that don't meet your needs?

If they are all the same, then what is the point then?

You would actually be removing 'choice' from the consumer, because no matter what they would buy it would basically be the same thing in the end.

Just seems counter intuitive to me for technologically innovation to always shoot for the lowest common denominator. Wouldn't get very far very fast if that where the case, somebody has to step up to the plate and make the attempt, over time it will either work or it wont, but at least we learn more about the path, and that will only help to continue progress and innovation.

I'm fine with Microsoft sticking to their guns just like you are. But I'm just letting you know that this Paywall garbage WILL have an impact on their ability to become a successful multimedia device. If 2/3 of each console's owners never pay for the subscription, how is the XBO overall the best choice to be a regular customer's multimedia machine? In this instance the PS4 is the superior multimedia device.

What point are you trying to make?

The point is the onus is not on us to pay for the device and then potentially receive benefits. The onus is on them to prove it is worth our investment with real results. Most of us have seen the results of Kinect on Xbox 360, and they aren't convincing.

He hates Kinect, therefore the Xbox One version will suck no matter what.
smh

He purchased and used the Kinect for Xbox 360 (as well as the Wii), was not impressed, and therefore the Xbox One version will have to overcome that experience and prove its worth.
Fixed.

DericLee

Banned
its very easy to just think of yourself and criticize everything that isn't you.

for example, in this side of the world, europe, we dont have netflix, hbo-whatever , fantasy football and all the other things you'll use your kinect for.

how's that for star trek steps?

and how is it for the "convenience" it offers to you and me, but for controlling stuff that are not available to me at all?

and bottom line, if microsoft cares so much about me having to speak instead of moving my thumb, and they firmly believe that this is the gamechanger of this generation for them, they can always do it for me through the headset, in the case I will decide I dont want the kinect taking space near my tv for whatever reason.

I had no idea I was criticizing actually.

I'm just a tech junkie, love progression in all things 'future', so want things to go that direction, and preferably at a faster pace as opposed to slower.

Your situation sucks when I compare it to mine, and if I where you I would be annoyed greatly by it, and I'm assuming that you are like me and must buy every system/device so you don't feel like you are missing some great games, in which case you feel like you are being forced to spend more for a feature you'll never use.

But it's like that with all products, you can never make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time.

Obviously my point of view is going to come from....well, my point of view, as that is what dictates my value proposition when making purchases.

If you don't feel the need to buy all the systems, then you will be fine, there are still options out there that offer better value for what you do/need.

SMH

turtle_dog_by_theartofamadman-d6hj6ln.jpg

But seriously, this post is spot on. It's basically damned if you do and damned if you don't with alot of gamers. Especially when console makers or game devs try to bring something new to the table..

We don't really know because Kinect was an add on. I think innovation will happen when it is a core part of the experience. Shipping one with every console almost guaranties support in some shape or form. I guess it depends on what you are looking for in your gaming. I think Kinect can add a level if immersion that we have yet to experience. It's like the rumble in the controllers it's subtle but a welcome addition in my mind, I always notice when it's off. Is the Kinect worth the gamble? Microsoft seems to think so. Only time will tell, my fingers are crossed. I'm glad someone is trying to innovate.
LB

chriskun

People said THE EXACT SAME shit about the Wii. How can you guys not see this?

Theres a slight difference, a much more hardcore crowd will be buying the xboxone, the wii userbase was your typical mainstream nintendo fanbase, they bought it for nintendo games and wii sports which came with the console. Developers who might have done interesting things with the wii hardware eventually were turned off because of this, also there wasn't a viable or well marketed avenue for them to release smaller experimental software ala XBLA.

DericLee

Banned
I'm fine with Microsoft sticking to their guns just like you are. But I'm just letting you know that this Paywall garbage WILL have an impact on their ability to become a successful multimedia device. If 2/3 of each console's owners never pay for the subscription, how is the XBO overall the best choice to be a regular customer's multimedia machine? In this instance the PS4 is the superior multimedia device.

Still not seeing how the paywall hurt 360 though...

Realistically Live cost about $40 a year, 12month+1 cards are easy to find at this price point, so $3 a month is a small percentage of the over all income I apply to 'paywall' subscription services.

I understand that not all people see it that way, and for those who don't, yes, the PS4 is the best value for them, and I would expect that is what those people will buy. So no issues.

I'm not doing a PS4 vs XB1 discussion, I'm doing a "keep Kinect included" discussion.

$3/month for all my media needs in one place, easily and instantly accessible is preferable to having everything fragmented and requiring multiple steps to access.

Again, I unfortunately can't get behind your "Paywall = fail" argument, mainly because this wasnt' the case for the 360.

Please believe if it comes bundled MS will find a way to force it to be used.
Just like the Wii revolutionized the way we play our video games. Outside of Wii Sports, Dance Central--the compelling software created for these input devices can be counted on one hand, and they've been on the market for years. Believing things are magically going to change with Xbox One is insane.

p3tran

Banned
I had no idea I was criticizing actually.

I'm just a tech junkie, love progression in all things 'future', so want things to go that direction, and preferably at a faster pace as opposed to slower.

Your situation sucks when I compare it to mine, and if I where you I would be annoyed greatly by it, and I'm assuming that you are like me and must buy every system/device so you don't feel like you are missing some great games, in which case you feel like you are being forced to spend more for a feature you'll never use.

But it's like that with all products, you can never make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time.

Obviously my point of view is going to come from....well, my point of view, as that is what dictates my value proposition when making purchases.

If you don't feel the need to buy all the systems, then you will be fine, there are still options out there that offer better value for what you do/need.

the only thing that I personally cared about, is the option to physically remove kinect if I had the desire to do so.
that is fixed since yesterday, so no problem.

the reason I replied to your posts is that while you have a strong opinion, you seemed to miss a part of the equation, ie what happens in other parts of the world may not be the same as what happens in your territory, and so what you may see as unreasonable complaints, may in fact be reasonable even for yourself if you just lived somewhere else.

Raide

Just like the Wii revolutionized the way we play our video games. Outside of Wii Sports, Dance Central--the compelling software created for these input devices can be counted on one hand, and they've been on the market for years. Believing things are magically going to change with Xbox One is insane.

Outside of actual games development, some of the indie developed stuff with Kinect is amazing. Open up all Xbox Ones to be a dev kit and that will widen again. Not just games this time but some genuinely useful apps will appear. Some of the extended medical stuff will also be enhanced on the Kinect. People need to dream a little bigger than just shouting "Grenade!" or waggling arms to do stuff.

DericLee

Banned
the only thing that I personally cared about, is the option to physically remove kinect if I had the desire to do so.
that is fixed since yesterday, so no problem.

the reason I replied to your posts is that while you have a strong opinion, you seemed to miss a part of the equation, ie what happens in other parts of the world may not be the same as what happens in your territory, and so what you may see as unreasonable complaints, may in fact be reasonable even for yourself if you just lived somewhere else.

Completely understood, maybe Microsoft should option a Kinectless SKU only outside of 'merica?

I just don't want possible innovations to never come, or come much later, because of a less then 1:1 attach rate. :)

Biker19

Banned
Chû Totoro;76134323 said:
Sony is now in panic mode...Microsoft is back in the game.
I said they shouldn't be that arrogant. For once Microsoft listening to the gaming community complaints (even when they could have somehow kept their vision for some points imo) and still being quite humble makes Sony's PR looking like stupid people. Well, it's not like gaming company's PR are that good at their job anyway.

So :
- no always online required (only first connection)
- no DRM (equivalent to Xbox 360 at least)
- no kinect required

Now, for the better it's just about games!

LOL, you can't be this blind. Sony's in panic mode how exactly? They've got tons of pre-orders more so than Xbone is still.

Microsoft is being desperate & playing catch up to Sony. They're the ones in panic mode & scrambling their asses off just to try to get people to buy their product.

You MS fanboys amuse me, seriously.

I'd imagine a Star Trek future has some strong basic privacy controls. A corporation saying "trust us" doesn't count as privacy controls.

Being able to disable the thing as needed, including physically disconnecting it is a very good thing. The customer can now choose how comfortable they are with it, whereas people would have previously just avoided the console altogether.

And yes, phones and webcams should have similar physical disconnects or controls or true shutters. For peace of mind at the very least.

Its not an unreasonable ask.

People need to dream a little bigger than just shouting "Grenade!" or waggling arms to do stuff.
I agree. Until those dreams become a reality, or until they give us the option to not flush more of our money down the drain, we as a community should boycott this shit.

Raide

I agree. Until those dreams become a reality, or until they give us the option to not flush more of our money down the drain, we as a community should boycott this shit.

If that is your choice, then fair enough. I personally prefer to support development on new tech. If it works, yay! If it does not, nevermind. I can still play my DreamCast. :D

eival

next thing we need to hear is that the wired 360 controller will work, but you wont have the additional "cool" features like tiggers with forcefeedback technology or whatever crap they're peddling.

also they announced a PC version of the controller will be availible sometime in 2014, which means wired, cause obviously if it was just going to be wireless, they'd have any normal wireless adapter work with it on release

so, if they truly dont allow 360 wired controllers, then when ever they announce that PC wired version of the XB1, that'll be when i buy the console as well and hopefully it'll of gone thru atleast 1 generation of hardware configurations and any adjustments to the first run guinnie pigs will be ironed out

If that is your choice, then fair enough. I personally prefer to support development on new tech. If it works, yay! If it does not, nevermind. I can still play my DreamCast. :D
I can't really fault someone for being wooed by the tech. That was mostly my motivation to try the first one.

Top Bottom