• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Ushay

Nice to see Evil Within and Wolfenstein on there, support is great.

I'm thinking Bethesda will have some nice improvements in line for Skyrim and Fallout too apart from simple res bumps.

I'm thinking Bethesda will have some nice improvements in line for Skyrim and Fallout too apart from simple res bumps.
Many developers got dev kits just before E3...Rare got theirs a few weeks before E3. I'm sure we will be hearing from a lot more devs before the 1X is released.

Frostman

Yeah, I'm hoping we have an information blowout at Gamescom. There are many games with confirmed support, but no info on what that support is. I really want to know the Battlefront 2 details, but considering the Sony marketing deal, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't here anything until Digital Foundry get their hands on.

naitosan

I'm praying for Rise of the Tomb Raider, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Mass Effect: Andromeda to get XB1X support.

It'd be nice to see some older games get XB1X treatment like Sunset Overdrive, Ryse (probably never will), The Evil Within, Firewatch, Shadow Warrior (1 & 2), etc.

Frostman

I'm praying for Rise of the Tomb Raider, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Mass Effect: Andromeda to get XB1X support.

It'd be nice to see some older games get XB1X treatment like Sunset Overdrive, Ryse (probably never will), The Evil Within, Firewatch, Shadow Warrior (1 & 2), etc.

I'm don't want to be a downer, but I really can't see Deus Ex MD, MEA, TEW, Firewatch or Shadow of the warrior getting patches.

Eidos has moved on from Deus Ex, and with how Mass Effect released plus EA 'shelving' the series, I can't see them putting resources to a XBX patch. The Evil within is older and the team won't be given the resources to patch the game, and that's the same situation with Firewatch (adding in the fact that Firewatch is from a small studio, which is probably well into production of their next game) and Shadow Warrior.

I do think RotTR has a good chance, because the support for all of the ports have been fantastic since release. Sunset Overdrive and Ryse maybe exclusives but they are both 3rd party exclusives, so getting a deal in place for patching those games will be tough, because they have to question whether it would be worth it for them.

But you have to take into account the upgrades all unpatched games will receive anyway, much more stable framerates and 16x AF. That will be of great benefit already to The Evil Within and Deus Ex.

I'm don't want to be a downer, but I really can't see Deus Ex MD, MEA, TEW, Firewatch or Shadow of the warrior getting patches.

Eidos has moved on from Deus Ex, and with how Mass Effect released plus EA 'shelving' the series, I can't see them putting resources to a XBX patch
I wouldn't be so sure regarding those two. I also want to see both of them get a patch and actually think it's likely that it could happen, especially since both also had Pro support.

I'm not necessarily holding my breath, but I wouldn't rule it out just yet. I imagine things will be more clear as we get closer to Nov.

I do agree about TEW and Sunset because those are older (pre-Pro) titles.

Colbert

Banned
The Support of 4K, HDR and Xbox One X Enhanced for Wolfenstein 2 and The Evil Within 2 seems to be a bigger deal this time because bigger media outlets like gamespot seem to report on it.

kevin1025

Banned
The Support of 4K, HDR and Xbox One X Enhanced for Wolfenstein 2 and The Evil Within 2 seems to be a bigger deal this time because bigger media outlets like gamespot seem to report on it.

Plus Phil Spencer retweeted (edit: and so has Mike Ybarra now, as well) the Gamespot story. So it's nice to know the logos appearing on the Xbox Store are definitely the way to find out if games are supported (before being said by developers themselves).

jelly

I really don't think Rise of the Tomb Raider will get an update, Crystal Dynamics couldn't be bothered to fix the input delay, let alone anything else. At least Nixxes put the work in on PS4, you would need them to take a crack at the Xbox One version. Even the Definitive Edition could do with some work but zero chance on that.

I really don't think Rise of the Tomb Raider will get an update, Crystal Dynamics couldn't be bothered to fix the input delay, let alone anything else. At least Nixxes put the work in on PS4, you would need them to take a crack at the Xbox One version. Even the Definitive Edition could do with some work but zero chance on that.
It shouldn't be that hard to port the PS4 Pro version. It has the exact same memory architecture (unified GDDR5) with more CUs and higher clocks.

RdN

Still in disbelief the MCC isn't getting a patch..

Doesn't surprise me, at all.

343i already got our money.. And that game is a mess that's barely holding up together via duct tape.. No way they will risk touching it, not to mention risk bringing more people back into it, and discovering new bugs or breaking stuff.

Frostman

I wouldn't be so sure regarding those two. I also want to see both of them get a patch and actually think it's likely that it could happen, especially since both also had Pro support.

I'm not necessarily holding my breath, but I wouldn't rule it out just yet. I imagine things will be more clear as we get closer to Nov.

I do agree about TEW and Sunset because those are older (pre-Pro) titles.

The difference is that both had support at release. Deus Ex was still being supported through Pros release, and Mass Effect hadn't been released.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It's just a dream, but I would love to see Mirror's Edge get a patch as well - the game is gorgeous and deserves a patch for XB1X.

I've been playing Dark Souls 3 lately and I've noticed how bad the aliasing is. Maybe it's because I am seeing this on a 65 inch television or the game really suffers that badly from jaggies on Xbox One. That being said I'm definitely looking forward to Xbox One X and games finally just looking clean all around. Or at least I'm sure expecting that will be the case. Just so damn tired of aliasing.

FZW

4k anfdbetter assets would be enough for me to play SP again.

4K I can understand but better assests?? thats 5 whole games that you want them to create whole new assets for. They gotta do this while working on the Halo 5 patch AND working on Halo 6?

idk

KageMaru

4K I can understand but better assests?? thats 5 whole games that you want them to create whole new assets for. They gotta do this while working on the Halo 5 patch AND working on Halo 6?

idk

They didn't provide higher resolution assets for most of the games in the collection, so there's no way they would do it for a 4K update. I'd be happy for a major revamp that fixed the bugs and upped the resolution to 4K. We shouldn't be expecting anything more than that.

Regarding Halo 5, IF they provide better assets, they will probably be ripped from Halo Forge on PC.

Colbert

Banned
They didn't provide higher resolution assets for most of the games in the collection, so there's no way they would do it for a 4K update. I'd be happy for a major revamp that fixed the bugs and upped the resolution to 4K. We shouldn't be expecting anything more than that.

Regarding Halo 5, IF they provide better assets, they will probably be ripped from Halo Forge on PC.

I can remember they worked with higher quality assets on Halo 5 from the get go as some of the marketing screenshots of ingame scenes were in 4K resolution. I assume they had those "4K assets" available since the development of Halo 5.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
what exactly do you expect to get out of an MCC patch? honest question.

A simple resolution boost. HL2A while fantastic, couldnt hit 1080p on the XBO.

A 4K patch with some added AA and AF would do wonders and be more than enough. Since they all run at 60 already for the most part. HDR would be great too.

jelly

what exactly do you expect to get out of an MCC patch? honest question.

There is a lot they could do.

Halo CEA isn't Original Xbox perfect, they used CEA based on the PC version and it's missing effects and yes this would be a big job, the Anniversary style is horrible, this game should be redone in line with how it originally looked like Halo 2A while fixing some bugs.

Halo 2A doesn't run at 1080p. Few quirks here and there like giant Cortana head.

Halo 3 could do with a light remaster, sure it isn't completely ugly but the some aspects are pretty terrible like the character models and the lighting didn't quite look the same last time I played compared to the 360 version. Same with ODST.

Didn't play much of Halo 4 but I think some people said that doesn't look quite on par with the 360 version lighting wise. Of course there is that QTE finale prompt that is the wrong on screen button!

4K for all is a given.

UI, save problems, loading, this could be improved.

Multiplayer could further be improved and supported. Halo 3 is a little awkward anyway but it feels weird in MCC. Add more Halo 2 maps. Get playlists updated.

Give Halo more respect, deserves to be a great collection not one that kinda works some of the time. Campaigns aren't up to gold standard, multiplayer isn't up to a good standard and the UI etc. is below expectations, should be flawless.

peppers

I'd give anything for One X patches for Ryse and Sunset.

I would too. Apparently Tim Dog posted this on twitter https://twitter.com/BeastFireTimdog/status/887057114493046784
The best we can do is to give it the buzz it deserves.

I KNOW how unlikely this is to happen, but between Insomniac wanting to port this to PC and the community making noise with a One X patch... I mean it's our best bet.

I think Ryse is even more unlikely which saddens me tbh.

Macaco84

With all this talk of mcc not getting a patch, can we at least expect the dodgy framerate on almost all of the titles to be resolved?

I couldnt believe it when i played halo1, the amount of drops below 60 it had. For a game that is so old. I know the drops were mostly minor but you know what it is like with vsyncd games - as soon as they go below 60 it judders.

Would love to play at a full locked 60.

Caayn

With all this talk of mcc not getting a patch, can we at least expect the dodgy framerate on almost all of the titles to be resolved?

I couldnt believe it when i played halo1, the amount of drops below 60 it had. For a game that is so old. I know the drops were mostly minor but you know what it is like with vsyncd games - as soon as they go below 60 it judders.

Would love to play at a full locked 60.
The extra power available for games should be able to stabilize the framerate, as long as the engine doesn't hick-up.

Macaco84

The extra power available for games should be able to stabilize the framerate, as long as the engine doesn't hick-up.

Well thats something i guess. Ive had a lot of joy with the equivalent ps pro solution giving me a few more frames to games that struggled previously. Hoping to see similar gains with the one x.

I'd give anything for One X patches for Ryse and Sunset.

I would too. Apparently Tim Dog posted this on twitter https://twitter.com/BeastFireTimdog/status/887057114493046784
The best we can do is to give it the buzz it deserves.

I KNOW how unlikely this is to happen, but between Insomniac wanting to port this to PC and the community making noise with a One X patch... I mean it's our best bet.

I think Ryse is even more unlikely which saddens me tbh.

Man imagine Ryse in 4K. I mean the game still to this day looks fantastic.

But sadly the developer itself is needed for that, right? If only one of MS's own developers could get on it.

FZW

Well thats something i guess. Ive had a lot of joy with the equivalent ps pro solution giving me a few more frames to games that struggled previously. Hoping to see similar gains with the one x.

you're gonna see better gains im sure.

FZW

There is a lot they could do.

Halo CEA isn't Original Xbox perfect, they used CEA based on the PC version and it's missing effects and yes this would be a big job, the Anniversary style is horrible, this game should be redone in line with how it originally looked like Halo 2A while fixing some bugs.

Halo 2A doesn't run at 1080p. Few quirks here and there like giant Cortana head.

Halo 3 could do with a light remaster, sure it isn't completely ugly but the some aspects are pretty terrible like the character models and the lighting didn't quite look the same last time I played compared to the 360 version. Same with ODST.

Didn't play much of Halo 4 but I think some people said that doesn't look quite on par with the 360 version lighting wise. Of course there is that QTE finale prompt that is the wrong on screen button!

4K for all is a given.

UI, save problems, loading, this could be improved.

Multiplayer could further be improved and supported. Halo 3 is a little awkward anyway but it feels weird in MCC. Add more Halo 2 maps. Get playlists updated.

Give Halo more respect, deserves to be a great collection not one that kinda works some of the time. Campaigns aren't up to gold standard, multiplayer isn't up to a good standard and the UI etc. is below expectations, should be flawless.

Sounds like you want a remaster of the remaster

peppers

Man imagine Ryse in 4K. I mean the game still to this day looks fantastic.

But sadly the developer itself is needed for that, right? If only one of MS's own developers could get on it.

The funny thing is, the steam requirements for Ryse at 4K are an AMD Radeon 290x which is 5.6 TF card. So 4K 30 could be doable...

To the bolded: That's something I've thought about too. I mean 360 BC is handled by MS developers, right? Though I guess it's not the same case at all.

kevin1025

Banned
So is the assumption now that Xbox One X will likely do the same sort of thing as PS4 Pro, where games are upped in their "advanced settings" quality on top of potential resolution jumps? There's been a lot of resolution talk but it's been quieter about graphics upgrades. Or is that because that's more of an expected thing?

Colbert

Banned
So is the assumption now that Xbox One X will likely do the same sort of thing as PS4 Pro, where games are upped in their "advanced settings" quality on top of potential resolution jumps? There's been a lot of resolution talk but it's been quieter about graphics upgrades. Or is that because that's more of an expected thing?

Not just an assumption. Thats why there is a "Xbox One X Enhanced" logo on some games. But it is still too unspecific what the enhancements could be. From what I hear the patched Gears 4 should be a very good indicator what "enhanced" means as people already saw it.

Why take a already released game as show case? Because you can compare it to the version available to the Xbox One S and the PC and make your judgement.

kevin1025

Banned
Not just an assumption. Thats why there is a "Xbox One X Enhanced" logo on some games. But it is still too unspecific what the enhancements could be. From what I hear the patched Gears 4 should be a very good indicator what "enhanced" means as people already saw it.

Why take a already released game as show case? Because you can compare it to the version available to the Xbox One S and the PC and make your judgement.

That's a good point. I guess as a 1080p TV owner, I am hoping to hear a little more about the X Enhanced stuff than 4K and supersampling (as great as that is). But from what developers were saying during E3, how it could potentially take only a couple of hours to get it running on the X, it'll be soon where we hear what those enhancements are. Early days still, I suppose!

Colbert

Banned
That's a good point. I guess as a 1080p TV owner, I am hoping to hear a little more about the X Enhanced stuff than 4K and supersampling (as great as that is). But from what developers were saying during E3, how it could potentially take only a couple of hours to get it running on the X, it'll be soon where we hear what those enhancements are. Early days still, I suppose!

We already know some of those enhancements but they are all in the graphics department like:
- better view distance
- higher quality assets
- better lighting
- better shadows

Don't expect enhancements on the AI side as devs wants to keep this the same on all versions of the game in the Xbox One family.

kevin1025

Banned
We already know some of those enhancements but they are all in the graphics department like:
- better view distance
- higher quality assets
- better lighting
- better shadows

Don't expect enhancements on the AI side as devs wants to keep this the same on all versions of the game in the Xbox One family.

If it's graphical enhancements like you mentioned, I'll be more than happy, definitely!

Colbert

Banned
Add Mantis Burn Racing to the list with 4K an Xbox One X enhanced at least.

VooFoo said:
Yeah, it's a pretty cool piece of kit. It's substantially more powerful than the PS4 Pro, but the downside is that it comes with a price point to match. Whether that'll put consumers off, we'll have to wait and see, but this really is the most powerful games console on the planet. Microsoft are really throwing a lot more into the devkit itself too, really going that extra step to make development a breeze, which is great to see.

We did have to drop a few minor things on PS4 Pro, such as some of the particle effect detail, and lower precision shading (which actually, is not really noticeable). We can go the other way on Xbox One X, adding extra detail. We already scale both ways for a range of hardware specs on PC, so it's relatively straightforward for us to take that over to console too. As an added extra, we're throwing in some anti-aliasing on Xbox One X at 4K. We had to drop this on PS4 Pro – we were happy to do that because with pixels so small, a bit of aliasing isn't a problem. But when we can do it, it adds a whole extra layer to the crispness and clarity of the image. It's still early days yet, so we are looking at other areas we may be able to ramp up too – we have some interesting options here, but I don't want to promise anything specific just yet.

Source: http://wccftech.com/voofoo-xb1x-substantially-more-powerful/

Add Mantis Burn Racing to the list with 4K an Xbox One X enhanced at least.

Yeah, it’s a pretty cool piece of kit. It’s substantially more powerful than the PS4 Pro, but the downside is that it comes with a price point to match. Whether that’ll put consumers off, we’ll have to wait and see, but this really is the most powerful games console on the planet. Microsoft are really throwing a lot more into the devkit itself too, really going that extra step to make development a breeze, which is great to see.

We did have to drop a few minor things on PS4 Pro, such as some of the particle effect detail, and lower precision shading (which actually, is not really noticeable). We can go the other way on Xbox One X, adding extra detail. We already scale both ways for a range of hardware specs on PC, so it’s relatively straightforward for us to take that over to console too. As an added extra, we’re throwing in some anti-aliasing on Xbox One X at 4K. We had to drop this on PS4 Pro – we were happy to do that because with pixels so small, a bit of aliasing isn’t a problem. But when we can do it, it adds a whole extra layer to the crispness and clarity of the image. It’s still early days yet, so we are looking at other areas we may be able to ramp up too – we have some interesting options here, but I don’t want to promise anything specific just yet.

Source: http://wccftech.com/voofoo-xb1x-substantially-more-powerful/
Nice.

Top Bottom