• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Ushay

kind of

x-enhanced-titles1.png

That's a really nice visual aid, possibly add to the OP?

kevin1025

Banned
60fps might be too much for the CPU with 100 players on....

Yeah, I've been looking at Ryzen benchmarks lately and even that has some difficulty (though much better with the recent stability patch the game had), as awesome as some of those are.

30fps for all players is the right move (especially for an even playing field), with One X getting enhancements in visuals and resolution.

peppers

Okay so:
Konami is supposedly making Metal Gear Survive, and so I guess they should receive the Scorpio devkits anytime soon if they haven't already. So if they are releasing the Ocelot patch for MGSV, that means they should be using these new devkits and MGSV should support X1X, right?

I'm not holding my breath for Konami these days so I don't expect 4K/60 but I mean 1080p should be more than doable...

Okay so:
Konami is supposedly making Metal Gear Survive, and so I guess they should receive the Scorpio devkits anytime soon if they haven't already. So if they are releasing the Ocelot patch for MGSV, that means they should be using these new devkits and MGSV should support X1X, right?

I'm not holding my breath for Konami these days so I don't expect 4K/60 but I mean 1080p should be more than doable...

Did Pro get any kind of patch?

peppers

Did Pro get any kind of patch?

Well, not yet. The thing is, they haven't updated that game in a long time (afaik), so apparently they were done with it. Now the situation is different since they basically need to patch Ocelot in, so...

I mean at least the odds are better than before, for both Pro and 1X.

Killing Floor 2 Runs at 1800P on Xbox One X; 4K Would Have Had Too Much of a Frame Drop

http://wccftech.com/killing-floor-2-runs-1800p-xbox-one-x/

"We don’t have a specific frame rate target for XBox One X, although the game does run at higher frame rates than the base Xbox One, even at 1800p resolution. We will be using Ultra textures on Xbox One X. We are also increasing the resolution of our shadow maps and shadow draw distance."

Looks like Xbox One X will have the best console version

Frostman

Killing Floor 2 Runs at 1800P on Xbox One X; 4K Would Have Had Too Much of a Frame Drop

http://wccftech.com/killing-floor-2-runs-1800p-xbox-one-x/

Interesting.

Is this the first time we see a bump in resolution, but not being able to hit 4K?

So I'm assuming, according to MS's 'labels', there won't be a '4K' label on this game considering it's not dynamic, CB or native.

Either way, it's looking like this game will be the first great comparison wth the Pro. Considering both use a 1800p res ( Pro is CB, X is native) and both use the same Ultra textures.

EvB

Interesting.

Is this the first time we see a bump in resolution, but not being able to hit 4K?

So I'm assuming, according to MS's 'labels', there won't be a '4K' label on this game considering it's not dynamic, CB or native.

Either way, it's looking like this game will be the first great comparison wth the Pro. Considering both use a 1800p res ( Pro is CB, X is native) and both use the same Ultra textures.

Presumably the regular Xbox Version is 900p or lower?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Any word on Mafia 3? I got the game at launch but sold it on after a week due to the performance and problems it had. Noticed the Pro got a patch but haven't seen anything for XBX.

gossi

Planetside has technically thousands haha.

Planetside struggles to hit 30fps on PS4 often (and that runs uncapped framerate, it's interesting to play).

I play PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds at 4K on PC and I lock it to 30fps. It's actually fine to play like that. It's on a 970 graphics card too, which Xbox One X should outclass.

By the way, Battlegrounds is amazing. It will easily be the Xbox One's biggest game when it launches. Seriously.

Colbert

Banned
News on Assassins Creed: Origins and its resolution!

I thought it was 2160p CBR due to the DF analysis but now there is an article that talks about Dynamic 2160p referencing the Devs of the game! No words about the range of resolution but we will find out after 7th November for sure!

http://wewritethings.co/2017/07/31/ubisoft-xbox-one-x-enables-dynamic-resolution/

Xbox One X is coming this November, and many developers are looking to take advantage of its new muscle. A game that's clearly doing this is Assassin's Creed Origins. The title has been under development for over three and a half years, and you can tell how much quality is present in the game.

While Assassin's Creed Origins is vast, the dynamic resolution, which enables 4K on Xbox One X, is truly amazing. Assassin's Creed Origins producer Julien Laferriere told We Write Things about the incredible visual benefits gained from Microsoft's powerful Xbox One X.

”We always like to have new toys to play with. Our friends at Microsoft were kind enough to build the Xbox One X. It's a really cool machine. What it enables for us is we built a dynamic resolution system. What that does on Xbox One X is it enables us to render the game in full 4K. The world we crafted on 4K is amazing. That's just one of the things we can now do on Xbox One X," Laferriere said.

FZW

Tbh, I think they made that up. They refer to the article I posted above and nowhere in that source something like that is stated.
Idk i have actually heard that said by someone else during e3, i just can't remember where

Frostman

PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds already running at 30-40fps on Xbox One X on 100-player servers

Im thinking we should expect a locked 30 for this game, barring any special optimizations added that could improve it.

Even if the Framerate fluctuates between say 50-40FPS, the fact that Freesync is implemented and assuming you have a Freesync over HDMI capable monitor, that should smooth over the gameplay.

They could then put in a cap for people without Freesync. A cap at 30.

Thebonehead

Banned
God, I would kill for a Sunset Overdrive 4K patch. ;____;

I would be willing to crowdfund that.

Trouble is that it was built to 900p so assets etc may not scale well.

It may only take a few hours to get base games up and running, but to fully polish still takes a chunk of time i'd guess.

Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break not getting an X patch is just weird. Two of my favourite games of this gen, heck, I'd like to see a patch for Ryse as well - that game could look even more stunning!

None of those three are going to get patches though :(

peppers

Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break not getting an X patch is just weird. Two of my favourite games of this gen, heck, I'd like to see a patch for Ryse as well - that game could look even more stunning!

None of those three are going to get patches though :(

Yep, I'm coming to grips with this too. If only they had dynamic res or a 30fps cap toggle...

Top Bottom