• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

So things have changed since this??

The developer told me that both versions use dynamic resolution scaling to maintain frame rate stability, so more intense scenes might see the 4K resolution drop below momentarily to keep the game running smoothly. He said that the Xbox One X version’s resolution would most likely drop below True 4K far less often, and perhaps not at all when compared to the PS4 Pro, but also that the differences would be “imperceptible to the human eye.

I don't buy it.

Theorry

I dont get how they get this

it just so happens that the Xbox One X is so powerful, it can render the game constantly in 4K anyway, without ever having to downscale.

From this.

“We always like to have new toys to play with. Our friends at Microsoft were kind enough to build the Xbox One X. It’s a really cool machine. What it enables for us is we built a dynamic resolution system. What that does on Xbox One X is it enables us to render the game in full 4K.

Alx

So things have changed since this??

I don't buy it.

Sounds consistent in both descriptions.

He said that the Xbox One X version’s resolution would most likely drop below True 4K far less often, and perhaps not at all

mspoweruser said:
even though there’s a built-in option to downscale the game during heavy load times, it still doesn’t do that

the "perhaps not at all" changed to "apparently not at all". I guess one can't be 100% sure that the resolution will never drop in any situation, but if we are to believe the article (big if), it's not likely to happen.

MilkyJoe

I dont get how they get this

From this.

“We always like to have new toys to play with. Our friends at Microsoft were kind enough to build the Xbox One X. It’s a really cool machine. What it enables for us is we built a dynamic resolution system. What that does on Xbox One X is it enables us to render the game in full 4K.

A wild stab in the dark?

Frostman

Thats such a weird article or is it me?

Yeah, it really is. It's terribly written. It says they use a dynamic resolution, but immediately after they say it doesn't?

The quote they use doesn't back them up at all.

We know AC will run at a dynamic resolution, Ubi stated that at E3, but know one has been able to analyse how well it sticks to 2160p over the course of the game.

Theorry

To be fair i want every game to have dynamic res. Even if there is a small change it drops. Just as back up. Stable framerate all the time is more important then losing some pixels.

That article is sourced from another article I quoted above. If you read the full quote from Ubi, you will see them state a dynamic resolution.

As I said, a dynamic resolution is still True 4K to MS.

We know it's dynamic, but we don't know it also have checkerboard or not.

black070

To be fair i want every game to have dynamic res. Even if there is a small change it drops. Just as back up. Stable framerate all the time is more important then losing some pixels.

True, whatever the final res and however it may be achieved, dynamic or checkerboard, it will be well above what we're used to seeing from console so no reason to fret too much.

Frostman

Come on man, i already know DF said this, see my first reply in this page.

Your argument is that, it's not been confirmed CB. My argument is that it is CB because DF analysed it at E3.

DF are reliable, so I firmly believe the end result is CB.

That's all I'm trying to say. It's not a bad thing at all, CB looks fantastic.

Your argument is that, it isn't CB because it's not been confirmed. My argument is that it is because DF analysed it at E3.

DF are reliable, so I firmly believe the end result is CB.

That's all I'm trying to say.

"it isn't CB because it's not been confirmed."

Delete "it isn't CB because" part, thanks, i only saying it's not confirmed CB or not.

MilkyJoe

That article is sourced from another article I quoted above. If you read the full quote from Ubi, you will see them state a dynamic resolution.

As I said, a dynamic resolution is still True 4K to MS.

Well dynamic means it hits 4K and then CBs or lowers resolution when need, correct?

Personally I couldn't give a shit either way, my tv is too far away for me to much care.

Frostman

Well dynamic means it hits 4K and then CBs or lowers resolution when need, correct?

Personally I couldn't give a shit either way, my tv is too far away for me to much care.

Yes, your mostly correct. Dynamic just means that the engine scales the resolution down in more demanding scenes, to ensure it stays locked to 30FPS. It won't be able to switch between native or CB though, it will stick to their chosen method. So if they choose CB, it will always be CB.

As you said it doesn't matter. CB looks really fantastic.

MilkyJoe

Yes, your mostly correct. Dynamic just means that the engine scales the resolution down in more demanding scenes, to ensure it stays locked to 30FPS. It won't be able to switch between native or CB though, it will stick to their chosen method. So if they choose CB, it will always be CB.

As you said it doesn't matter. CB looks really fantastic.

Yeah, I couldnt even tell until DF did a zoom in on that eagle's feathers. No one is noticing that unless they are up against the screen.

Bought a KS7000 for this (8000 in the US) it's just sitting there, in it's box, waiting..

Frostman

Yeah, I couldnt even tell until DF did a zoom in on that eagle's feathers. No one is noticing that unless they are up against the screen.

Bought a KS7000 for this (8000 in the US) it's just sitting there, in it's box, waiting..

Exactly lmao know one is sitting an inch away from their monitor/TV playing games.

I play on a monitor, and I'm maybe 2ft away. Don't notice the difference.

This thread made it to the online press in Spain: link
Amazing how they can take something and edit it to somehow make it less informative (I mean, Banjo-Kazooie took the time to make two clear lists with games already released to be patched-back to support xbox one x and a list of games to be released which will support it and they just mix them and remove additional info. Am I too picky?)

Btw, impressive how the list is growing. Shame no Quantum Break or Ryse patches tho.

All this information about the Xbox One X is fairly confusing for me and I can usually keep up with all the latest in the industry. I've got a question, so I figured I'd post it here instead of making a new thread.

I do not own a 4k tv or have one that uses the HDR thing, I just own a basic 42 inch widescreen tv. I've been looking at getting a Xbox One S, because we still have an original fat model Xbox One. I've noticed that the OS runs slow and the menu commands sometimes take a few seconds to respond on our old system, hence wanting an upgrade.

My question is, should I just pick up an Xbox One S now and save some money, or wait for the Xbox One X? Without having a 4k television is the purchase of a Xbox One X even worth it overall?

Colbert

Banned
All this information about the Xbox One X is fairly confusing for me and I can usually keep up with all the latest in the industry. I've got a question, so I figured I'd post it here instead of making a new thread.

I do not own a 4k tv or have one that uses the HDR thing, I just own a basic 42 inch widescreen tv. I've been looking at getting a Xbox One S, because we still have an original fat model Xbox One. I've noticed that the OS runs slow and the menu commands sometimes take a few seconds to respond on our old system, hence wanting an upgrade.

My question is, should I just pick up an Xbox One S now and save some money, or wait for the Xbox One X? Without having a 4k television is the purchase of a Xbox One X even worth it overall?

All games will run better on the Xbox One X because they make use of the upclock of the CPU and can use 3TF of the GPU even unpatched plus if having a frame buffer above 1080p get downsampled to 1080p which increases the image quality. You also get free 16xAF for games. The harddrive is faster and the memory too which will reduce loading times in games by quite a margin. If those improvements are worth the extra money for you then wait for the Xbox One X if not then buy a Xbox One S.

Hmmm... Aaron Greenberg was asked to comment on Twitter he replied "Why step, when you can leap?"

If it ends up not being native 4K I wish folks like Aaron would just keep quiet in the future. Still fully expecting checkerboard 4K and it certainly isn't the end of the world.

All games will run better on the Xbox One X because they make use of the upclock of the CPU and can use 3TF of the GPU even unpatched plus if having a frame buffer above 1080p get downsampled to 1080p which increases the image quality. You also get free 16xAF for games. The harddrive is faster and the memory too which will reduce loading times in games by quite a margin. If those improvements are worth the extra money for you then wait for the Xbox One X if not then buy a Xbox One S.
Awesome. Thank you for the info! :)

BradWardFight

Neo Member
I was all gungho on Xbox One X but after the PUBG news and and a ton of stories about 4K / 30 I am a little trepedacious on Xbox One X now. Same with PS4 Pro. I would love to save the money and play on console but I am thinking I have been forced into getting a pc. I budgeted a pc and its about $2600 USD. Should I be worried about Xbox One X 4K?

Colbert

Banned
I was all gungho on Xbox One X but after the PUBG news and and a ton of stories about 4K / 30 I am a little trepedacious on Xbox One X now. Same with PS4 Pro. I would love to save the money and play on console but I am thinking I have been forced into getting a pc. I budgeted a pc and its about $2600 USD. Should I be worried about Xbox One X 4K?

Did you expect all games are native 4K and 60 fps? Who told you so?

Btw with that budget (which is 5 times Xbox One X) you are on the safe side of things regarding 4K gaming on PC assuming you go Ryzen7 1700 water cooled and OC up to 4.0 Ghz, X370 mobo, 16GB 3200 DDR4 and a GTX1080 or better, right?

FN-2187

Good grief. Are you making a Pixar movie?

Its preferences in the end. I personally prefer console gaming and im sure PUBG will be excellent on xbox one X.

deadfolk

It's going to take me forever to download Forza 7 and AC: Origins. Like days.

My plan is to download them on my Xbox One Vanilla (what are we calling these now?) at launch, straight onto an external disk.

I know there will be 4k asset packs I'll need to download, but I should at least get a head start by plugging the disk into the X1X. That should work, right? You can transfer games between systems as long as your account is signed in?

I wonder if there will be something in the OS that detects the already-downloaded game doesn't have the 4k assets and kicks off a download. It will be interesting to see how this stuff works.

sangreal

You can bring your drive to a friends or something if you know someone with a x1 and better internet

You can transfer games between systems as long as your account is signed in?

You can transfer them regardless, it's only to launch it that you need to be signed in as someone who owns it or use the disc

My plan is to download them on my Xbox One Vanilla (what are we calling these now?) at launch, straight onto an external disk.

I know there will be 4k asset packs I'll need to download, but I should at least get a head start by plugging the disk into the X1X. That should work, right? You can transfer games between systems as long as your account is signed in?

I wonder if there will be something in the OS that detects the already-downloaded game doesn't have the 4k assets and kicks off a download. It will be interesting to see how this stuff works.

Yeah, I'm really curious to see how that all works for games you've already downloaded. Will it automatically download the 4K files as if they were a patch, or will it give us the option to choose? I recall reading that the Minecraft "Super Duper" pack will be an optional download, so maybe they'd be able to allow optional downloads for all games.

Not a bad idea! At least Forza 7 I'll be buying straight away, but I'd like an Xbox One X when it arrives, so I'll have the game already installed on my external drive.

Colbert

Banned
This is the game that has the highest chance of selling me on a 1x. I hope at/after gamescom we start seeing a lot of footage of this and other games

I thought you are already in ;-)

Btw Gears 4 might be the game that people will be talking about the most.

Edit.
Maybe Assassins Creed will be a show case too as the plot thickens that the game is indeed native 2160p most of the time! There will be a lot of confusion at Digital Foundry when the game releases and they test it because the dynamic resolution solution they implemented is a little bit different than we/they are used to.

Top Bottom