• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

deadfolk

I'd be flabbergasted if Rockstar didn't release a patch for GTA:V considering the current playerbase and how active it still is, including dev support.

Well they didn't do anything for PS4 Pro.

I am very interested in this game in particular, to see if it ends up better than Pro without a patch. Reading the DF articles, it seems they are very close currently, with the biggest difference being that the Xbone lacks some of the foliage.

They also mention that parallax occlusion mapping doesn't play well with anisotropic filtering, do the forced AF could actually be a hinderence. They don't elaborate on this though, so I have no idea what the result might be.

Pantz

Looks like The Hunter: Call of the Wild will be best on PS4 Pro.
zYwb38T.png

Kinda weird it will only be 900p on X.
(not a hunting guy, but this game looks pretty fun tbh.)

DxWe8AT.png

I was worried about this kind of thing.
Not for that game in particular but for many others.
I buy a lot of lower budget titles. Now it's like I gotta do investigation work to try and figure out which version will be definitive. I bet many will be unknown until after the games launch.
It's both, troublesome, and exciting.

Theorry

So got AC Origins with that 1080p/60 option got any traction? Or is it still one guy was who saying it. Hearing it from a dev.

Colbert

Banned
So got AC Origins with that 1080p/60 option got any traction? Or is it still one guy was who saying it. Hearing it from a dev.

I am personally more interested in the 4K game mode for this type of game. I was able to play Dark Souls with 30 or less fps back in the day and I will be able to play this at 30 fps. It is 3rd person!

Final Fantasy XV enhancements from Hajime Tabata at PAX East via Dual Shockers:

Pretty decent upgrade.

So just one mode or will there will be one for enriched visuals and/or framerate too?

I'd be flabbergasted if Rockstar didn't release a patch for GTA:V considering the current playerbase and how active it still is, including dev support.

Nah. If Rockstar was planning on updating GTA V that way I'm sure they would have done that for Pro already.

leeh

Rockstar is to busy counting stack and introducing new game types to their GaaS. It's not out of the question but I doubt it.

Well they didn't do anything for PS4 Pro.

Nah. If Rockstar was planning on updating GTA V that way I'm sure they would have done that for Pro already.
I just think it'll be like the Witcher situation. I put my money on them releasing an update for both when the next GTA update comes out post 1X.

I just think it'll be like the Witcher situation. I put my money on them releasing an update for both when the next GTA update comes out post 1X.

Hmmm I hope so man. But keep in mind that the business relationship between CDPR and MS is quite good and they had a deal with them for the marketing. Rockstar had one with Sony. Not sure how much it matters, but I definitely think Rockstar would have made a patch for Pro by now.

But the xbone version is 900p, a native 1080p on Xbonex would be nice.
Are you sure? Digital Foundry sez:

Both of the console versions feature a dynamic framebuffer, which hits native 1080p most of the time.
This tends to happen more often on Xbox One, but it's not something that distracts on either platform, and resolution never falls far away from the intended 1080p target once gameplay begins.

leeh

But the xbone version is 900p, a native 1080p on Xbonex would be nice.
Are you sure its 900p on the X1?

Just checked, its dynamic but from the hours ive put in, it hardly moves from 1080p. I don't think ive ever seen it move tbh.
Hmmm I hope so man. But keep in mind that the business relationship between CDPR and MS is quite good and they had a deal with them for the marketing. Rockstar had one with Sony. Not sure how much it matters, but I definitely think Rockstar would have made a patch for Pro by now.
That deal will of expired a long time ago. I think they'll be doing it to save overhead on managing the work for both versions.

Hawk269

Have Ubi detailed what The Division 1X update will be? Similar to Pro settings but a bit higher?

I am interested in this as well. It is one of the games me and my wife play together on and definitely would love to see a X1X update for it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I wonder if the Batman: Return to Arkham games will be hard-locked 60fps just due to the amount of resources available to brute force it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Forced v sync on bioshock infinite? Yes please

Awww yeeeee, I still haven't touched the Bioshock remasters, now they will be locked 60fps. Can't wait to play it at Christmas.
And the Batman remasters are also dynamic resolution, it will be interesting to see if the X can deliver the full 1080p and 60fps.

Awww yeeeee, I still haven't touched the Bioshock remasters, now they will be locked 60fps. Can't wait to play it at Christmas.
And the Batman remasters are also dynamic resolution, it will be interesting to see if the X can deliver the full 1080p and 60fps.

Didn't Return to Arkham get patched to lock it to 30fps? Or was that just on PS4?

Wasn't aware of this game before but it sure does look lovely!

Unruly Heroes Will Run At 4k/60fps On Xbox One X, Dev Will Push The Game At Highest Quality On It

The Xbox One X is extremely powerful– and the good news for it is, developers are willing to actually work on pushing its hardware to get their games running and looking better on it. Developers, big and small- take Magic Design Studios, developer of Unruly Heroes. Speaking to GamingBolt in an exclusive interview, Meredith Alfroy of the studio confirmed the studio’s intention of pushing the system to reach 4K resolution at a blistering 60fps.

“Yes, [Unruly Heroes will run at 4K and 60fps on the Xbox One X] for sure”, she said. She also added that considerations of parity with other hardware – whether it be the Xbox One S or the PS4 and PS4 Pro – will not hold them back from leveraging the full extent of the Xbox One X’s power.

“We always want to push the game to the highest quality. So we won’t do some compromise at the cost of quality. We’ll adapt to the game console,” she said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8ukFQbJYYw

Based on the wording it seems like the X outputs the game at 1800p natively and then upscales.
So FF15 XBX is 1800p native and Pro is 1800cbr?
Tabata confirms Xbox One X info for FFXV
I think he just means that the Pro is using the same check boarding technique, but they X will be using a higher starting resolution compared to the Pro.
CBR is not an upscaling technique, and can't be used to change "3K" to 4K. There's miscommunication here. Either One X is at 2160c, or it's at 1800p, or it's got them as a pair of switchable modes. They can't both be true at the same time.

Pro has three modes: 1800c with improved graphics at 30fps (but with worse framepacing than standard PS4); 1080p with standard graphics at 40-60fps; and 1080p with standard graphics at 30fps (but framepacing issues mostly eliminated). It seems there's two possibilities:

1. Perhaps the first mode is 2160c on One X (that's what released screenshots appear to show), and the others are 1800p instead of 1080p?
2. Or else Tabata has just as hard a time as everyone else talking clearly about CBR, and 1800p isn't a display res but his estimate at an internal buffer that's not part of the final output?

Bizzquik

Pro has three modes: 1800c with improved graphics at 30fps (but with worse framepacing than standard PS4); 1080p with standard graphics at 40-60fps; and 1080p with standard graphics at 30fps (but framepacing issues mostly eliminated).

How realistic is it for us to expect that the '1080p standard graphics' mode will run at near-locked 60fps...?

How realistic is it for us to expect that the '1080p standard graphics' mode will run at near-locked 60fps...?
I don't really know enough to say. If the cause for framerate dips on Pro is lack of CPU power, then I doubt the game could get that high; One X has a faster CPU than Pro, but not by a large amount. If the reason is lack of GPU power, then I'd guess chances are very good; One X is significantly better in that regard.

Though even in the case where the game is CPU-bound, that stronger GPU could mean that the mode would run at a higher resolution on One X, while having the same or a slightly higher framerate. That's why I suggested one interpretation of the comments is that 2160c will be the "high quality" mode, and 1800p will be the "high framerate" mode. But this is speculation. Publishers and devs have often been less than 100% precise when talking about enhancements on the new models, so we may not know for sure until the game is out.

dreamfall

So still no word on Watchdogs 2?

Also, I've been planning on replaying Deus Ex Mankind Divided - I mean, it got a Pro patch so hopefully...nn
Wish we'd get more announcements for games that are already out that had received Pro patch support. I imagine it would be completely accomplishable on an X also.

Wasn't aware of this game before but it sure does look lovely!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8ukFQbJYYw

Seasons of the Fall is a game that reminds me of this as well and it's in the Xbox store now.

So still no word on Watchdogs 2?

Also, I've been planning on replaying Deus Ex Mankind Divided - I mean, it got a Pro patch so hopefully...nn
Wish we'd get more announcements for games that are already out that had received Pro patch support. I imagine it would be completely accomplishable on an X also.

Yeah it's odd. The game isn't even a year old and I have no idea what the team is working on now but WD2 was one of those games I had expected to be announced getting a patch as soon as X was revealed. But correct me if I'm wrong, didn't WD2 sadly sell a bit low?

I can't deny being disappointed it's not on there yet. Hopefully that changes.

R aka Bon

Can somebody explain to me why a game like Star Wars Batllefront II can be talked about, regarding X enhancements, but CoD and Destiny can't?

knerl

One of the few exclusive games I've been interested in that isn't on the list, but should be so I get more of an excuse to get a OneX is Sunset Overdrive. It was well received and there should be plenty of stuff you could do to spice it up with the extra power.

MilkyJoe

That list does not make the most sense, especially as they have a different category where it say "xbox one enchanced" and some games that have been confirmed to be 4k aren't in the 4k category but in the enhanced one...

Yeah I did notice that, but Re DOOM, thought it strang ethat Nelson didn't add it to the list and people have said reps won't talk about it on Twitter, but it is under 4K on there.

Top Bottom