• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Montresor

Don't forget guys:

Every single Xbox One X enhanced game will downsample to 1080p (if the enhanced resolution is more than 1080p) for people with 1080p sets

Every single non-enhanced game will do the following on Xbox One X:

*Forced 16x AF
*Forced v-sync
*Brute forcing performance to reach target frame rate more often (or 100% of the time)
*Brute forcing performance to reach target resolution in dynamic resolution scenarios more often (or 100% of the time)
*Leverage the extra and plentiful GDDR5 RAM to improve load times

7MKka.gif

Champloo4

Looks like The Hunter: Call of the Wild will be best on PS4 Pro.
zYwb38T.png

Kinda weird it will only be 900p on X.
(not a hunting guy, but this game looks pretty fun tbh.)

DxWe8AT.png

Timu

Don't forget guys:

Every single Xbox One X enhanced game will downsample to 1080p (if the enhanced resolution is more than 1080p) for people with 1080p sets

*Forced 16x AF
*Forced v-sync
*Brute forcing performance to reach target frame rate more often (or 100% of the time)
*Brute forcing performance to reach target resolution in dynamic resolution scenarios more often (or 100% of the time)

7MKka.gif
That is amazing!

Can't wait to see what DE does w/Warframe. It's certainly not an ugly game but it's locked to 30 FPS on the Xbox One currently (it's unlocked on the PS4 version). Would love to see it 60FPS and some extra pretty added.
The game is pretty solid 60 on the Pro, so you can expect the same on X.

zYwb38T.png

DxWe8AT.png
Lack of funding? If it does 1260p on Pro it could easily do 1440p on X.

dcll

Banned
Any news on what enhancements Witcher 3 will get on Xbox One X ?

I would like to know this as well, I am waiting to play W3 when I get an X. I started it on One last year and it was really great and for whatever reason I got side tracked and stopped playing it, I am glad to wait now

FZW

zYwb38T.png

DxWe8AT.png

If I was interested in that game, I would boycott till its patched. No reason for it to be 900p on the 1x but 1260p on the pro. Someone said something about lack of funding but they found the money for the pro tho lol

Don't forget guys:

*Forced 16x AF
*Forced v-sync

I fucking love this!

Head.spawn

If I was interested in that game, I would boycott till its patched. No reason for it to be 900p on the 1x but 1260p on the pro. Someone said something about lack of funding but they found the money for the pro tho lol

I would assume the obvious is that they don't have an Xbox One X dev kit yet.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Not every developer has to code their game to take advantage of the X.
Even though it's been shown it takes like 4 hours to get something up and running on it.
But then again we don't know if they have to resources.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
What do you mean? Every game that has a res above 1080p will automatically downsample on the X. Nothing a dev needs to do.

1080p modes, a la TR, with more bells and dhistles should be the norm. Certainly more common.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
zYwb38T.png

DxWe8AT.png

New news, New thread. I'm predicting 20 pages.

Any news on what enhancements Witcher 3 will get on Xbox One X ?

Yeah hopefully it will be there at the X launch because i'm one of those players that bought that game on day one because i looooooooooove this genre, and i got quite far into the story.....i think, but i took a break and didn't get back to it. Now after they announced a patch will be made i've decided to wait and when it releases i'll start over completely.

Already looked quite good on Xbox One, but i wonder how it will look with checkerboard 4K or even maybe Native? I kinda doubt Native. Hopefully anti-aliasing is improved too because man in the towns it could look quite jaggy in places.

That tweet about that hunting game....yeah that blows. I am sure they have their reasons because why would you as a developer intentionally hold back the most powerful system on the market?

MilkyJoe

Lack of funding? Didn't some devs say they ported to 1x in hours?

peppers

Even if the game has to be 50-60 on that hypothetical 60fps mode, I'd take it regardless since options are always good. We don't know what kind of overhead it has on base hardware, so maybe it's doable with that 40% increase.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Assassins Creed Origins would be nice if it supported a 1080p60 mode. Didn't the old titles run at an unlocked frame rate? AC, 2, 3?

Don't forget guys:

*Forced 16x AF
*Forced v-sync

7MKka.gif

If you think about it this is just fucking awesome really. Without any dev input needed games will already be much much improved thanks to the Xbox One X. It truly is quite impressive. So even if... nah hold on, GTA V isn't getting a patch, but it will still load faster and have much better AF. Very nice.

Colbert

Banned
If you think about it this is just fucking awesome really. Without any dev input needed games will already be much much improved thanks to the Xbox One X. It truly is quite impressive. So even if... nah hold on, GTA V isn't getting a patch, but it will still load faster and have much better AF. Very nice.

GTA V, hmmmm, we will see ...

GTA V, hmmmm, we will see ...

You mean you still slightly expect a patch? :) It would be amazing but nah.

CDP have been oddly quiet about this.

When was this first heard about? Wasn't it hearsay and soon CDPR confirmed it? Can definitely see them start talking more about it closer to the X launch. They are undoubtedly hard at work on Cyberpunk, but I would hope they have the patch ready come November.

W.S.

Final Fantasy XV enhancements from Hajime Tabata at PAX East via Dual Shockers:

Tabata-san explained that the game will support native 4K on PC, while on Xbox One X it will run natively at 3K resolution (3072 x 1728 pixels, or 1800p) and will then upscale to 4K via checkerboard technology, which is the same solution adopted on “high” visual settings on PS4 Pro.

Pretty decent upgrade.

Dynomutt

Just been confirmed as the biggest and best game of the year on GAF.

For real lol surprised this game was such a trigger unless that many people were check for it. I don't think the impact here will be noticed many more games that are enhanced. Move one nothing to see here.

Dynomutt

I'd be flabbergasted if Rockstar didn't release a patch for GTA:V considering the current playerbase and how active it still is, including dev support.

Rockstar is to busy counting stack and introducing new game types to their GaaS. It's not out of the question but I doubt it.

peppers

Was native 4K really out of the question for FFXV on X? Maybe at 3K they are upping some settings as well although the quote from Dualshockers doesn't say so... Seems kinda odd given the power difference but we shall see I guess.

statham

zYwb38T.png

DxWe8AT.png

its 900p on XBX because they aren't updating it at all. its the OG xbox version. nothing wrong with that from a small team. but peeps who buy XBX this fall, probably will not buy your 900p game. XBO and XBS , yes, not the XBX peeps., I can't imagine more then 2 days to convert the pro version. Lost of sales IMO.

W.S.

I think the reporting (translation) is incorrect. Either you have 1800p CBR and then upscale or you have native 1800p and then upscale. Upscaling with CBR makes no sense!
Based on the wording it seems like the X outputs the game at 1800p natively and then upscales.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe they're offering an additional graphical setting that uses CBR to get it up to 1800p with some other improvements.

Colbert

Banned
Based on the wording it seems like the X outputs the game at 1800p natively and then upscales.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe they're offering an additional graphical setting that uses CBR to get it up to 1800p with some other improvements.

This makes much more sense than the things Dualshockers reported.

Top Bottom