• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Currently playing this right now and it is by far the worst performing game I have played on current gen machines.
I would welcome a patch, but I'll probably be done with it before the X comes out.

It wasn't much different on X360. Just a game full of great ideas and never-ending jank. Hoping that State of Decay 2 is much better in that regard.

thelastword

Banned
DOOM is shown here.

6IHUpPy.png
Yeah, I know, but it wasn't shown in the most recent list....

What about Dark Souls 3? There`s been a marketing deal with Microsoft, right?
It got a PS4 PRO patch which unlocked the framerate but the performance wasn`t good. Maybe solid 60 FPS on the X would be possible.

What about Dark Souls 3? There`s been a marketing deal with Microsoft, right?
It got a PS4 PRO patch which unlocked the framerate but the performance wasn`t good. Maybe solid 60 FPS on the X would be possible.

It could also use a bump to 1080p or more. I don't think they'll go back to that game though.

It's bad that I'm not starting a handful of games because I want to play them on X1X. Was thinking about playing Dishonored 2 again w/ the new DIshonored game coming out in a couple weeks, but now going to hold off until the enhanced version is out.

Thebonehead

Banned
It's bad that I'm not starting a handful of games because I want to play them on X1X. Was thinking about playing Dishonored 2 again w/ the new DIshonored game coming out in a couple weeks, but now going to hold off until the enhanced version is out.

This is killing me too. Just picked up Prey in the sales ( Played 20 minutes ) and then thought i should maybe wait for the X.

Same with Dishonoured 2, Doom, Halo Wars 2 amongst others.

I've been playing more with some of the BC 360 titles, and have finally got around to finishing UC4 on the PS4.

Colbert

Banned
This is killing me too. Just picked up Prey in the sales ( Played 20 minutes ) and then thought i should maybe wait for the X.

I've been playing more with some of the BC 360 titles, and have finally got around to finishing UC4 on the PS4.

That is exactly what I do at the moment. Had a chance to play Viva Piñata for the first time. What a lovely and chilling game. I hate the ruffians!

Now I will play the Bioshock Collection games as I believe we won't see patches there!

madmackem

Yeah prey and a few others I'm waiting on the x for, my first multi plat change over happened today too when I preordered pes 2018 went for Xbox over ps first time this gen.

Now I will play the Bioshock Collection games as I believe we won't see patches there!

If you want better framerates I think you should wait.
The PS4-versions on a PRO with boost-mode turned on deliver a much better performance especially in Bioshock Infinite which suffers from severe framerate drops and hiccups (Xbox One is even worse).
So performance is going to be better on XOX probably since the X uses such a boost mode automatically.

I just realized Mass Effect Andromeda is not on there. Before the game released I thought it would be a given but it seems very very doubtful now huh?

Pretty much impossible, EA specifically said that work on the single player has ceased and no more patches will be released.

Really bummed about this too. Kinda went for the Xbox version thinking it was coming to the X later this year. I got a bunch of sidequests to do still, I really hope EA at least gives us an X update, but I highly doubt it.

Really bummed about this too. Kinda went for the Xbox version thinking it was coming to the X later this year. I got a bunch of sidequests to do still, I really hope EA at least gives us an X update, but I highly doubt it.

Don´t give up hope. CDPR said there won`t be any patches for upgrade consoles. And now...

Colbert

Banned
If you want better framerates I think you should wait.
The PS4-versions on a PRO with boost-mode turned on deliver a much better performance especially in Bioshock Infinite which suffers from severe framerate drops and hiccups (Xbox One is even worse).
So performance is going to be better on XOX probably since the X uses such a boost mode automatically.

I am still at the first one. That game is just running fine from my experience as there is not much going on in scenes anyway, not like as in Infinite.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'd love for MS to do something similar to AFx16 which from the OS side could force games to a higher res. I'm sure a portion of games already running at 900p would have no problem. Then allow it in the user settings to be enabled/disabled.

I'd love for MS to do something similar to AFx16 which from the OS side could force games to a higher res. I'm sure a portion of games already running at 900p would have no problem. Then allow it in the user settings to be enabled/disabled.

That would be great.

Don´t give up hope. CDPR said there won`t be any patches for upgrade consoles. And now...

My only hope for Andromeda is that if they continue to update the multiplayer part, well then a resolution bump at the very least is an update that spans across the game engine, thus both MP and SP can be updated. At least pro owners got a nice resolution bump on the game though!

shanafan

I might get Madden this year only because of the Xbox One X enhancement - since I can't play any newer Maddens on PC
because they don't exist

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I didn't see Mass Effect Andromeda or Deus Ex Mankind Divided on that list.

Both of those looked pretty good on PS4 Pro.

DE very much needs an X patch.

Montresor

I've been following this philosophy (with respect to waiting for Xbox One X enhancements):

1) If a game is confirmed to have an Xbox One X patch, I won't play it between now and Nov 7th under any circumstances. I own a game like RiME but I'm holding off until the patch.

The only exception is Forza Horizon 3, because I already have the full 2500/2500 gamerscore, and I'll play it occasionally for the weekly #Forzathon challenges.

2) If a game is not confirmed to have an Xbox One X patch, I'll play it now if it has decent performance, and I'll hold off on playing it if it has bad frame rate or an unlocked frame rate. Even unpatched games will have frame rate improvements, resolution improvements (if resolution is dynamic), and forced 16x AF and forced v-sync.

Example: I bought >observer_ the other day but apparently that thing goes into single digit framerates when you enter a new room, so I'll wait for Scorpio to be released for brute forced improved performance.

Another example: I played Arkham Asylum on my Xbox One S because the frame rate is perfectly fine - the game was just incredible and a lot of fun and seemed to be a solid 30 fps throughout the whole game. However, I'm skipping Arkham City because that game targets 30 but has an unlocked frame rate that swings wildly between 30 and 60. No thanks. I'll wait for Scorpio to brute force the performance to a consistent 60 fps.

I've been following this philosophy (with respect to waiting for Xbox One X enhancements):

1) If a game is confirmed to have an Xbox One X patch, I won't play it between now and Nov 7th under any circumstances. I own a game like RiME but I'm holding off until the patch.

The only exception is Forza Horizon 3, because I already have the full 2500/2500 gamerscore, and I'll play it occasionally for the weekly #Forzathon challenges.

2) If a game is not confirmed to have an Xbox One X patch, I'll play it now if it has decent performance, and I'll hold off on playing it if it has bad frame rate or an unlocked frame rate. Even without a patch, unpatched games will have frame rate improvements, resolution improvements (if resolution is dynamic), and forced 16x AF and forced v-sync.

Example: I bought >observer_ the other day but apparently that thing goes into single digit framerates when you enter a new room, so I'll wait for Scorpio to be released for brute forced improved performance.

Another example: I played Arkham Asylum on my Xbox One S because the frame rate is perfectly fine - the game was just incredible and a lot of fun and seemed to be a solid 30 fps throughout the whole game. However, I'm skipping Arkham City because that game targets 30 but has an unlocked frame rate that swings wildly between 30 and 60. No thanks. I'll wait for Scorpio to brute force the performance to a consistent 60 fps.
I'm kinda in the same boat. I think a lot of people that's pre-ordered the One X will be doing this.

Hojaho

My only hope for Andromeda is that if they continue to update the multiplayer part, well then a resolution bump at the very least is an update that spans across the game engine, thus both MP and SP can be updated. At least pro owners got a nice resolution bump on the game though!

I think they announced in the last dev stream that the won't be any more patches for the multiplayers. (Just a few kits left to be released and a coupe of UR weapons). :(

I just realized Mass Effect Andromeda is not on there. Before the game released I thought it would be a given but it seems very very doubtful now huh?

Pretty much impossible, EA specifically said that work on the single player has ceased and no more patches will be released.

UGH, i specifically didnt buy it back them because i was in hope that their 4k showing would be something added upon for the xb1x release. boooo. -_-

but who knows, maybe MS will give them $$$ to add some support or something LOL

Colbert

Banned
I am done with Mass Effect Andromeda. I started a 2nd play through as I missed some of the achievements but after the cancelation of the story DLC with my most beloved race in the series (the quarians) I put down the controller on that game and deleted it from my hdd.

I am more hoping for a patch on Prey which is a game I have and not touched yet (as many others) in wait for the One X.

2) If a game is not confirmed to have an Xbox One X patch, I'll play it now if it has decent performance, and I'll hold off on playing it if it has bad frame rate or an unlocked frame rate. Even unpatched games will have frame rate improvements, resolution improvements (if resolution is dynamic), and forced 16x AF and forced v-sync.

Yep my thoughts exactly. I almost started Titanfall 2 campaign last night but remembered it was getting a Scorpio patch. I think just off top of my head I'm waiting to play the following for the first time thanks to Scorpio:
Halo wars 2
Halo 5
Gears 4
Quantum Break
Titanfall 2
Battlefield 1
Witcher 3 DLC
Division DLC
Wildlands

Hoping Prey gets a patch too

golem

Yep my thoughts exactly. I almost started Titanfall 2 campaign last night but remembered it was getting a Scorpio patch.
Thats going to be a great ride in 4k
Hoping Prey gets a patch too
Same although apparently the Pro patch introduced a bunch of frame pacing issues. Prey could really use the resolution bump on the Xbox One though, been resisting getting the PC version in hopes it gets a patch.

Colbert

Banned
Guys if one of you has a 4K/HDR TV then please fire up Recore Definitive Edition. You will need sunglasses for the HDR on the core bots. I am amazed with big smile on my face!

Tough question: between Titanfall 1 and Sunset Overdrive, which one is LESS likely to receive a patch?

That's a difficult one! I know a lot of people love TF1 but from a company's perspective it's better getting all players over to the newest iteration. So I'm saying that TF1 is the least likely one, although if Respawn decide to do a balancing patch or something, maybe they throw in a resolution boost?!

EvB

Tough question: between Titanfall 1 and Sunset Overdrive, which one is LESS likely to receive a patch?

I'd say Titanfall 1

There is a new game out , which has been patched AND supports Microtransactions, so I doubt there will be any encouragement to play that.

Lucifon

I don't think either are going to receive a patch, but in terms of likeliness I'd say Titanfall 1 is the least likely. I'd say there's little chance they'll go back to that.

I'd say TItanfall 1 since the sequel is already out there and has some pretty kick-ass enhancements from the sound of it. Though I think Sunset Overdrive like won't get a patch tbh.

Any news on older Call of Duty's? Can we expect a resolution boost for Infinite Warfare and COD4 remaster perhaps?

I really hope WW2 is taking a benefit from the One X, regardless of the Sony marketing deal.

peppers

Wow okay so TF1 it is. I agree with those points myself, and I'd add that the enhancements that are already there without a patch solve one of the biggest issues which is screen tearing.
However, and this is not exclusive to TF1, I wouldn't be too surprised to see games on Game pass or EA Access get 1X patches, you know, to add extra value (specially since supposedly the port is as easy as it gets).

Any news on older Call of Duty's? Can we expect a resolution boost for Infinite Warfare and COD4 remaster perhaps?

I really hope WW2 is taking a benefit from the One X, regardless of the Sony marketing deal.
I hope so, mainly for MWRemastered. Personally waiting for that one...

Guys if one of you has a 4K/HDR TV then please fire up Recore Definitive Edition. You will need sunglasses for the HDR on the core bots. I am amazed with big smile on my face!

I wish I could man but I only have the first Xbox One. But I assume the sunlight is so bright it almost blinds you? Also, you using HDR game or other HDR mode since HDR game is so dim.

I'm willing to bet we don't hear about Cod and Destiny 2 because Sony has the marketing for those games. Doubt this is just a coincidence.

U2NUMB

I am with many of you when looking at my games I need to finish up. If they are gonna get a patch or do not run great currently I am just holding off. Pushing the backlog of so many games back is gonna screw me on top of all the new games coming out.

But I can not wait for the boost in performance on just about every game.

Top Bottom