• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Ashler

This is clearly a sigh, for me:

9FABF58B-0D4E-4FAA-8105-87BDF6DB381D_zpsvlfyvgwb.jpg

SpotAnime

I hope for some official trade in program. That would be great and that for sure will make more people switch over to X.

Never. Microsoft would rather let retailers handle this and just subsidize trade-in deals. Retailers already have the infrastructure in place to support it, and Microsoft wouldn't want to create any ill will with them by taking their profits, since turning over used stock had such might margins. It's a win win for both this way.

gamz

Never. Microsoft would rather let retailers handle this and just subsidize trade-in deals. Retailers already have the infrastructure in place to support it, and Microsoft wouldn't want to create any ill will with them by taking their profits, since turning over used stock had such might margins. It's a win win for both this way.

They had one in all of their MS stores for the One.

I hope for some official trade in program. That would be great and that for sure will make more people switch over to X.

Not a chance in heck when they've already said they aren't turning a profit on the console at $499. There also isn't much reason for them to do this when retailers like Gamestop will do it for them. The closest we'll get is that their Microsoft stores accept trade-ins and might do a promotional value or two. Even then I advise shopping around for the best offer.

On a side note, I'm bummed about the confirmation that they don't turn a profit on units sold for the One X at launch. I don't care about them making/losing money there, but it does mean that we're not likely to see a game bundled in any time soon.

Were there any black friday deals for the Xbox One when it was released? I don't recall any but I may well be wrong. I just doubt they will suddenly sweeten the pot, if they're not turning a profit on these especially, just 3 weeks after street date.

Were there any black friday deals for the Xbox One when it was released? I don't recall any but I may well be wrong. I just doubt they will suddenly sweeten the pot, if they're not turning a profit on these especially, just 3 weeks after street date.

No, but there were some PS4Pro deals that happened last year. I got mine for $330. So there is hope.

$30 giftcard or free game with purchase of XBox One in 2013

If there is some sort of trade-in offer, say with GameStop (almost thew up in my mouth), I would assume the most they'll give you for an Xbox One S 500GB would be around $150.

I agree, I doubt there will be many stellar offers.

The One S will be heavily discounted, and if we are lucky, the One X may come with (already) discounted games included in a bundle (say $529 with Gears 4 and Forza 7).

Seeing retailers wipe off $50 2-3 weeks after launch? Not a chance.

Frostman

I went yesterday to a local gameshop here in the Netherlands and they would give me 110 euro's for a OG Xbox One.

That's good isn't it?

I've only checked at 1 place, but they were willing to give me £80 for mine. Don't know whether to trade it in or not. £80 is still £80 lmao.

Colbert

Banned
For those who may in need for a very good 4K TV ....

For anyone in Germany is interested into a LG OLED 4K TV for less money than usual there is a special offer by mediamarkt.de for LG OLED B6D 55" and 65" for a limited time:

LG OLED B6D 65" 2996,- Euro Direct Link

LG OLED B6D 55" 1796,- Euro Direct Link

I for myself own a 65" B6D. That TV is amazing!

Theorry

That's good isn't it?

I've only checked at 1 place, but they were willing to give me £80 for mine. Don't know whether to trade it in or not. £80 is still £80 lmao.

Thats more then i expected yeah.

Thats a positive thing tho about these mid gen refresh. The old one is a good trade in.
When the One released nobody even wanted the 360 anymore haha. Atleast now you can get something off the price.

gamz

Thats more then i expected yeah.

Thats a positive thing tho about these mid gen refresh. The old one is a good trade in.
When the One released nobody even wanted the 360 anymore haha. Atleast now you can get something off the price.

Great point.

Xenoflare

The MS store in Canada had a history of running trade ins for OG One, hopefully they'll do the same again.

Delryk

Not sure if I should preorder at Bestbuy (online) or MS Canada (online)... when I preorder games at Bestbuy i usually get them on Thursdays which kinda sucks since they release on Tuesdays.. Would/Will MS Canada ship before the release date we get it ON the release date? lol.

Amerzel

Neo Member
http://www.gamepur.com/news/26976-amazon-xbox-one-pre-order.html

Microsoft's Albert Penello today revealed the exact reason behind why Xbox One X pre-order hasn't started yet. Speaking to our friend at Gamertag Radio:

"We are a long way away from launch. So I think we wanted to have a really strong E3 around talking about the product and talking about the games. We are going to do pre-orders closer to launch, I think we are going to have some fun stuff to talk about with pre-orders that we haven't talked about now."

Sounds like it might be awhile before they start taking pre-orders but might have something interesting up their sleeve.

I went yesterday to a local gameshop here in the Netherlands and they would give me 110 euro's for a OG Xbox One.

Not too bad but I'm sure you don't want to get rid of your Xbox now. Unless you have more than one :)

For those who may in need for a very good 4K TV ....

For anyone in Germany is interested into a LG OLED 4K TV for less money than usual there is a special offer by mediamarkt.de for LG OLED B6D 55" and 65" for a limited time:

LG OLED B6D 65" 2996,- Euro Direct Link

LG OLED B6D 55" 1796,- Euro Direct Link

I for myself own a 65" B6D. That TV is amazing!

I have no idea if this store delivers to Germany as well but the Dutch store Wifimedia.eu has the 65B6 for 2699 euros. On their site it says more than 3000 euros but you just need to call them up and mention the website Tweakers.net and the thread where OLED prices are being discussed. You then mention that someone bought a 65B6 there for 2699 euros and you want that as well. 2650 but 49 for delivery.

I ordered it yesterday and it's arriving tomorrow. Can't fucking wait, let's goooooo!

Colbert

Banned
Not too bad but I'm sure you don't want to get rid of your Xbox now. Unless you have more than one :)

I have no idea if this store delivers to Germany as well but the Dutch store Wifimedia.eu has the 65B6 for 2699 euros. On their site it says more than 3000 euros but you just need to call them up and mention the website Tweakers.net and the thread where OLED prices are being discussed. You then mention that someone bought a 65B6 there for 2699 euros and you want that as well. 2650 but 49 for delivery.

I ordered it yesterday and it's arriving tomorrow. Can't fucking wait, let's goooooo!

2 months ago mediamarkt.de had a similar offer but for just 2799€. Thats when I ordered it and since then I am enjoying to watch shows and movies on Netflix and Amazon Prime in 4K. More importantly I will enjoy gaming in 4K as soon the Xbox One X arrives. Waiting for being able to pre-order it.

JMY86

I got an email from Best Buy earlier and I saw Xbox One X and preorder so I immediately was going to preorder one but it was just for preordering Xbox One X games. Trolled by fucking Best Buy...

Colbert

Banned
I have read somewhere that pre-order for the console doesn't start before August. I would like to provide a link but I don't remember anymore where I have read it.

cucuchu

I have read somewhere that pre-order for the console doesn't start before August. I would like to provide a link but I don't remember anymore where I have read it.

It would make sense. I am guessing they make the announcement at Gamescom in late August that preorders will be available early to mid-September.

Jumeira

Banned
Man thats a shame, so no pre-ordering for a while? Im going to be anxious for weeks god dammit, need to know ive secured once for Launch. Also need to book a few days off (but need to know if i get one day 1). Fak.

Banamy

Phil said it was the FCC that was delaying pre orders. They just need approval. I think in the giantbomb interview.

cucuchu

Phil said it was the FCC that was delaying pre orders. They just need approval. I think in the giantbomb interview.

I hope that is the case. Like many of you I just want to get it preordered so I can chill out and not have to check every hour to see if they have gone up because FCC approved and preorders do go up immediately afterwards.

I'm really curious to see how many ps4 only people will be switching over to this being the ps4 install base is so big. I think Sony goofed rushing the pro being they had the more powerful console but the X is hype since it's new. I'm on the fence which way to go, I can only afford one and like things about both sides. Hmmm.

cucuchu

But didn't we hear direct from Spencer's mouth during giant bomb's stream that the FCC filing was the thing delaying preorders because they didn't want leaks from FCC filing?

I keep hearing this but does anyone have a link to the interview? Would love for this to be the case. Then again, the FCC filing might take a while as is but at least we will know to keep our heads up once the FCC gives the ok.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
That's not the first time they've hinted at a special something when talking about pre-orders. I'm betting money on a new type of upgrade program.

Could be subscription models: pay over 2 years including Game Pass and XBL.

Top Bottom