• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

JaffeLion

Banned
MS has convinced me: I'm 100% pre-ordering. The X is the way to play 3rd party games and I spend most of my time on 3rd party titles as I guess plenty of us do, so it works for me. Also already have a 4K TV.

this + more and more games get crossplay, so this means bigger lobbies that last longer.

I wonder why the FCC delay. I'm pretty sure I was able to pre-order my Xbox One S within 24 hours of the reveal.

Probably still making last minute changes and adjustments. With how they are now allowing extra ram for games, and even though it isn't hardware related, it still shows that things aren't final.

Lima

I wonder why the FCC delay. I'm pretty sure I was able to pre-order my Xbox One S within 24 hours of the reveal.

This was already mentioned in this thread. FCC filings leak shit all the time and MS wanted to keep it under wraps. They succeeded. No one knew what it would look like and the name until the conference.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This was already mentioned in this thread. FCC filings leak shit all the time and MS wanted to keep it under wraps. They succeeded. No one knew what it would look like and the name until the conference.

Unless you watched Major Nelson's debug expose last week. You could have gotten a general idea. The color is a big deal though. And I literally didn't know the name, even though I've played hours of games on the thing.

I lucked out with Switch, I have my fingers crossed for X.

Unless you watched Major Nelson's debug expose last week. You could have gotten a general idea. The color is a big deal though. And I literally didn't know the name, even though I've played hours of games on the thing.

sure ya know somebody that can hook you up on this one

Man... I'm really hoping that pre-orders go up soon! I just want to get one locked down so I don't have to worry about it. Going with an in-store order at Gamestop so I don't have to wait for shipping. Do we think it'll be this week?

after i saw the assembly video of the XBox One X yesterday i must say i'm very impressed by the engineering and thoughts behind making the Box

anti-vibration mounted HDD that is not even on the Motherborad, but has a spare place
a very huge copper base vapor chamber heat sink, that also cools the GDDR5 ram directly and the voltage converter are also covered by a plank
airflow from the fan is partially tunneled through the internal power supply unit
ports are 100% identical to Xbox One S, so a replacement is very easy

and now i finally can see, why this console is $499 and not only $399

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Tell me more about these games

I really hope Microsoft puts 4K demos up at stores like Best Buy. I need to see 4K gaming in person to decide if I want this system.

cucuchu

Gamestop manager told me that I can go ahead and put $100 down on preordering something else and when the X1X becomes available, I can just call and switch my preorder rather than having to drive out there. I don't know if I trust this method though or if its even encouraged...

Waiting on that Halo 5 Xbox One X Enhanced patch... please. I thought for sure that would be announced alongside other first party titles like Gears of War 4.

Waiting on that Halo 5 Xbox One X Enhanced patch... please. I thought for sure that would be announced alongside other first party titles like Gears of War 4.

I think the closest we'll get is the game locked at 1080p 60fps because of the extra horsepower keeping the variable resolution at max. That's still a pretty nice upgrade, though.

I was taken aback by the lack of a 4K patch for Halo 5. It doesn't affect me as I won't be upgrading until Halo 6 comes around but still.

rokkerkory

If for BF or Xmas deals that have the console come with a game maybe 2, the value prop might be there enough for me to jump in. Maybe costco will selll a bundle @$480 or so.

Gamestop manager told me that I can go ahead and put $100 down on preordering something else and when the X1X becomes available, I can just call and switch my preorder rather than having to drive out there. I don't know if I trust this method though or if its even encouraged...

That's definitely not encouraged, but the manager at my Gamestop will do that sometimes as well. It's really just a way to do you a favor and help them boost pre-order numbers. Only real pain could be if they forget to switch that over for ya. I'd advise calling in once you know orders are available just to double-check.

Amerzel

Neo Member
I'll be pre-ordering on Amazon but may switch to a retailer depending on trade in promotions. I have a 1TB Elite console that I wouldn't mind switching out for an S if the trade in value is good enough.

I can't see it getting a discount in less than a month, maybe they will throw some old XB1 games with X Enhancement, but I seriously can't see this getting a discount in 20 days

This is what everyone said about the PS4 Pro last year. It released on Nov 10. 2 weeks later, all the major retailers (Amazon/BestBuy/Target) knocked 50-60 dollars off the price. Some people were able to get $100 off by stacking various promos at the time. I would not be surprised at all if it happens again.

Also, I would be weary of pre-ordering from Amazon for this reason since they will not refund the difference (even if it's their own price and within the return window) if the price drops. Learned this the hard way last year and had to return my 2 week old Pro and order a new one for them to "honor" the deal. Absolutely ridiculous.

greenmind

Banned
curious to why the OP posted an affiliate link to a site besides NeoGAF... doesnt neogaf have affiliate links to make money?

Same. Gimme that Prime shipping.

Yep, stockpiling credit card points and doing some trade-ins. Ways to go, but should clear it by release date (I hope lol).

I probably will trade in my secondary 500gb XB1 for the $96 Amazon has going. Will lock it in and wait, but I'm afraid only the "S" and the 1TB units are going to have real trade value. I can see the 1st gen Xbox 1's not going for much more than this rate...and I have no interest in ever selling another console via Ebay again. At least Amazon picks up the tab for shipping (which is substantial these days on a heavy unit like this).

amdb00mer

That does make sense. Especially after the One S reveal got spoilt by the leak.

ekim

Iirc, FCC does only test the chips that transmit data wirelessly. MS always does only let test those boards without the actual EUT. The max that can be leaked is a drawing of the label location on the chip.

Edit: and I found the FCC filing of the X chip last week before E3. It is just missing Bluetooth afaik.

amdb00mer

I was taken aback by the lack of a 4K patch for Halo 5. It doesn't affect me as I won't be upgrading until Halo 6 comes around but still.
I think the issue is they don't have 4K textures for Halo 5, but they do for the others announced. I think Halo 5 still simply scale up to 4k, just will have the same textures.
It would be nice if they could patch in local split screen co-op. Doubt they would as One/One S owners would be upset.

Cj01

I just called gamestop before coming here to ask about preorder was told

"No there is no preorder yet it hasn't even been announced yet"

NeOak

Can't you preorder at the internal employee store?

(a friend who used to work at MS used to send me and my friends pics of the Xbox 360 deals back then D: )

Dabanton

When pre orders finally go up. If I order online on the MS store site can I pick it up from the physical store?

I take it they'll be doing midnight launches?

NeOak

When pre orders finally go up. If I order online on the MS store site can I pick it up from the physical store?

I take it they'll be doing midnight launches?

MS Online store operates separately from the physical stores. So no.

You can return stuff, but that is it.

I'll order one after payday in september or august, most likely. Too many other expenses right now and I doubt it'll sell out. :lol

Anyone from Spain that can provide info about todoconsolas.com? They're taking reservations, but I'd like to know if they're any good and when they charge?

gamz

I'll order one after payday in september or august, most likely. Too many other expenses right now and I doubt it'll sell out. :lol

I bet it does and you might as well because you aren't charged for putting in your pre-order.

I'm telling you just the rabid core will sell it out day 1 and leading up to it's release.

cucuchu

I bet it does and you might as well because you aren't charged for putting in your pre-order.

I'm telling you just the rabid core will sell it out day 1 and leading up to it's release.

Really depends on how hard they push production of this. Common sense would be to overproduce and sell as many vanilla units with just the console and no extras for $500 to as many idiots like myself as they can that will buy it ASAP without hesitation. Anything remaining they can throw in a choice of game(s) with purchase of the console and whatever black Friday deals they can think of...

Point is that they have everything to gain and nothing to lose from overproducing expectations initially. (My opinion)

I went to my Mediamarkt in Holland and I placed a preorder for it. I can cancel it whenever I want and they didn't even ask money for the preordering, whereas Game Mania wants 25-50 bucks for pre-orders.

Izuna

Banned
Amazon/Xbox pre-orders typically don't charge you until they ship, right?

I feel like there will be some big deals on this thing around the holidays when it inevitably bombs in the UK tho.

Top Bottom