• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Smokey

3HojDVw.jpg

Much better angle than the one from up top. Clearly see the difference.

I will pre order, but I wonder if we will see some hints of mega deals in and around Black Friday.

E.g: 4k OLED TV with Xbox One X for 'free' (or heavily discounted)

yea me neither.

I just can't make my mind up on whether to buy a playstation 4 slim or pro, or whether to upgrade my Xbox one to an X... Gotta watch that Sony conference i guess :)

Agreed. I may very well get a PS4 Pro if there's a hardware revision. Heard too many reports about it being loud and whatnot. It's damn ugly too. I'll always keep an Xbox around though for the UHD player if nothing else.

R aka Bon

Agreed. I may very well get a PS4 Pro if there's a hardware revision. Heard too many reports about it being loud and whatnot. It's damn ugly too. I'll always keep an Xbox around though for the UHD player if nothing else.

Yes and that way I could play exclusives from both sides.. urghh decisions.

BTW I am gaming on a monitor, so what monitor would you guys recommend for the X?

mcfly1955

Neo Member
I'm at a gaming crossroads...

I own an Xbox One S, Switch, and PS4 launch version.

I was a 360 gamer, then was a PS4 gamer for the first few years of this gen, but switched when the Xbox One S came out (have a 4k OLED). I don't have a ton of purchased digital games on either platform, probably 10-15 on Xbox and 5-10 on PS....Then all of the PS+ and Games with Gold Games.

I'm going to throw a pre-order in for the Xbox One X no matter what, but I'm strongly debating whether I should 'cut ties' with MS and go all in on PS4 and grab a Pro, or continue using the Xbox as my main...Either way I should probably hold off until November and see what's going on with the One X. I game alone, so gaming friends is not a factor, but I know PS seems to blow XB1 out of the water on sales for nearly every game release...Hmm....

gamz

I was a 360 gamer, then was a PS4 gamer for the first few years of this gen, but switched when the Xbox One S came out (have a 4k OLED). I don't have a ton of purchased digital games on either platform, probably 10-15 on Xbox and 5-10 on PS....Then all of the PS+ and Games with Gold Games.

I'm going to throw a pre-order in for the Xbox One X no matter what, but I'm strongly debating whether I should 'cut ties' with MS and go all in on PS4 and grab a Pro, or continue using the Xbox as my main...Either way I should probably hold off until November and see what's going on with the One X. I game alone, so gaming friends is not a factor, but I know PS seems to blow XB1 out of the water on sales for nearly every game release...Hmm....

I mean that's something only you can answer.

DesertFox

I'm so disappointed with the price. I had my pre-order tab open during the conference refreshing like a madman (which I guess is still not up anyway) and when they said $499 all hype deflated and closed that tab.

It was probably foolish to expect $399, but I genuinely thought MS learned their lesson going $100 over their competition. It doesn't matter if the console could to 8K resolution and 120fps, mainstream market just won't spend $500 on a console. Period.

Although I suppose this was never aimed at the mainstream, right? Their opening statements this E3 seemed to contradict that point though, making the disappointment even more intense. Oh well, I'll be in once it drops to $400.

I'm so disappointed with the price. I had my pre-order tab open during the conference refreshing like a madman (which I guess is still not up anyway) and when they said $499 all hype deflated and closed that tab.

It was probably foolish to expect $399, but I genuinely thought MS learned their lesson going $100 over their competition. It doesn't matter if the console could to 8K resolution and 120fps, mainstream market just won't spend $500 on a console. Period.

Although I suppose this was never aimed at the mainstream, right? Their opening statements this E3 seemed to contradict that point though, making the disappointment even more intense. Oh well, I'll be in once it drops to $400.

I had the exact same impression last night. Now I'm strategizing to figure out what I can sell/do to get that money together. I just like buying new toys.

RoKKeR

Probably not the best idea. If you look at the one S stand there is gapping at the bottom. The stand actually suspends the side of the console so that air can flow through the side.

It looks like it can, but I wouldn't advise that. The stand is designed to make things more stable but also allow the side vents to still do their thing.

Ah, just noticed the vents there. Bummer. I have my One S hiding behind my TV vertically at the moment and quite like it, would hope for a similar setup for the X.

I am in the exact same boat. Been touting XBO since the start of this gen, pretty much entirely due to Halo and to a lesser extent franchises like Gears.

However I noticed that I dropped Gears 4 and Halo 5 insanely fast and Battlefront became my go-to while I used my PC for stuff like the Witcher.

Now Battlefront 2 is coming and I want to get it on console due to the likelihood of it dying on PC. I want to experience it the best way.. Also, Shadow of War.

I can snag a PS4 Pro right now for 344 euros including HZD. Oooor.. wait for the inevitable Battlefront 2 and Pro bundle (although I wonder if I can get it for sub 350). On the other hand I have a year worth of Gold and two controllers etc. But I am afraid of 343 shitting the bed yet again with Halo 6 and that MS is gonna lose significant market share, which in turn leads to devs perhaps bypassing meaningful upgrades solely for X.

Eehhh.. so difficult. Not even sure if I'd like the DS4 as opposed to the Xbox controller.

psyfi

Banned
man I keep getting excited when I see this thread bumped, but there's never new pre-order info, just hype frenzy lol

border

So is there any indication when preorders will open up at most retailers?

It's a shame they didn't either give a date, or open preorders as soon as it was announced. I feel like they're just going to go live randomly and I will miss out.

Crazy that it's so small. Looks great. I still think the price is dumb and going to fuck them, but will be getting one.

I hope they end up throwing in a free game with it by the time they get pre-orders up.

mas8705

Question: Will the thread mention if there will be any "Trade in Specials" as we get closer to the release date? I admit that after yesterday, I am slightly taking the XBOX into consideration, although if it could be had at a lesser cost, that would be nice (not to mention there would be no need to hang onto the Xbox One I have if I'm planning to upgrade).

cucuchu

I'm going to be that annoying guy calling gamestop every day until the preorders are live. Also checking amazon every hour. I wish they would just come out and say "later this week" or "next month"...something so we are not having to worry that we will miss our chance to preorder because we want to do things outside of spam refreshing amazon.

Someone above mentioned they got a preorder in at a Gamestop in Italy so hopefully soon for the rest of us.

Question: Will the thread mention if there will be any "Trade in Specials" as we get closer to the release date? I admit that after yesterday, I am slightly taking the XBOX into consideration, although if it could be had at a lesser cost, that would be nice (not to mention there would be no need to hang onto the Xbox One I have if I'm planning to upgrade).

Amazon does trade-ins. I don't know if they'll do any special pricing though. Right now they give $115 for an og Xbox One. I might just do it since I already purchased an S last year. Either that or just see if any friends or family want it. Shrug.

mas8705

Amazon does trade-ins. I don't know if they'll do any special pricing though. Right now they give $115 for an og Xbox One. I might just do it since I already purchased an S last year. Either that or just see if any friends or family want it. Shrug.

Thanks for letting me know. Mind you that I would feel slightly better about trading in my system in person if I possibly could, but we'll see what happens later on if Best Buy, Gamestop, or other retailers also provide a trade in special. Probably will happen, but I'd still like to know.

cucuchu

Gamestop Italy DOES have it up for preorder on their website, for anyone interested. Not sure about their shipping policy within or outside the EU but it might be an option for a few.

R aka Bon

IIRC the X supports FreeSync so definitely make sure you've got that covered.

But I thought people said that it was some kind of technology that wouldn't be available till a couple of years? Maybe they were talking about tv's and not monitors, gotta see if I can find anything on that. My current monitor already supports freesync, but it's 1080p, I want a 4k hdr..Possibly :)

cucuchu

Anyone know if and where the FCC posts their approvals? Or is it something they just inform the company who submitted their product?

ekim

Anyone know if and where the FCC posts their approvals? Or is it something they just inform the company who submitted their product?

FCC has a page. But you would need to look for MS specifically. I found the approval for the Wifi chip last week and it seems it was approved then. So they probably only wait for the BT stuff. Not sure.

Ah, just noticed the vents there. Bummer. I have my One S hiding behind my TV vertically at the moment and quite like it, would hope for a similar setup for the X.

To clarify, I think someone checked in on things and found that you can use the same vertical stand that you can buy for the One S. I just wouldn't stand it up without that.

Top Bottom