• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Lima

gonna preorder but kinda disappointed with the look
think im the only one

Yeah I think in this case you are the only one.

Leans heavily on the S look which is a great looking console and this time in matte black and none of this glossy piano black bullshit.

I'm sensing there will be a digital pack in to soften the blow on price. Plus it sounds like there may be a special custom SKU?

I can only register my interest on the Game website here in the UK.

As soon as preorders go up then Ill be putting my name down, now do I buy a new TV this yearfor CD3 and FM7 or next year for Anthem, SoT and SoD2?

Does anyone think there will be bundles for a bit more?

Given the release date, I'm not sure we'll see official bundles this year. Maybe the offshoot Ebay/Newegg deal but nothing from Microsoft. I'm thinking next Summer/Fall for that honestly. The launch SKU gives a 1-month Game Pass trial.

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
MS has convinced me: I'm 100% pre-ordering. The X is the way to play 3rd party games and I spend most of my time on 3rd party titles as I guess plenty of us do, so it works for me. Also already have a 4K TV.

gonna preorder but kinda disappointed with the look
think im the only one

I really love what they've done with it. It's the sleekest possible design and a major step up over past pre-Surface Team designs.

MS has convinced me: I'm 100% pre-ordering. The X is the way to play 3rd party games and I spend most of my time on 3rd party titles as I guess plenty of us do, so it works for me. Also already have a 4K TV.

I really love what they've done with it. It's the sleekest possible design and a major step up over past pre-Surface Team designs.

Lol. same here. RDR2, SWBF2, Anthem etc all have to be played on XB1X now.

Will wait with pre ordering until the trade in, cash back deals start. Paid full price for XB1 on launch and it didn't take a long time for them to significantly drop the price.

bigJP

Yeah I think in this case you are the only one.

Leans heavily on the S look which is a great looking console and this time in matte black and none of this glossy piano black bullshit.

i like the promo pics just not the comparison pic with the one s. it just looks flimsier and cheaper to me.

LKSmash

Given the release date, I'm not sure we'll see official bundles this year. Maybe the offshoot Ebay/Newegg deal but nothing from Microsoft. I'm thinking next Summer/Fall for that honestly. The launch SKU gives a 1-month Game Pass trial.

Crackdown is launching the same day. Wouldn't be surprised for a bundle with that. I doubt we'll see any colored bundles like another Forza one themed around the new 911.

Will wait with pre ordering until the trade in, cash back deals start. Paid full price for XB1 on launch and it didn't take a long time for them to significantly drop the price.

I'm not saying the price won't drop, but don't expect it to plummet like the OG XB1. There's a cheaper option now for those who don't want to pay the premium.

If I'm paying by debit, does Amazon charge the card right away? I do want to pre-order but I know there might be a bundle come this holiday and I'd want to switch to that if that's the case.

I know that last year PS4 Pro launched at $399 but around Black Friday, it could be either had for about $70 off or as a bundle. I'm sure that will be the case for the One X as well.

So wondering if I can cancel the order before it ships and switch to a bundle if available. Also would I be able to change the shipping after I place the order?

Dosia

Same. Im hoping for at least a $100 xbone trade in. I dont even have a 4k tv yet so Im in no rush.

Same. Im hoping for at least a $100 xbone trade in. I dont even have a 4k tv yet so Im in no rush.

That's what you can get on Amazon right now...think it's $96. If you have a vanilla 500GB console, might be a good idea to dump it before the value plummets more, seeing as the S is dropping.

eXcelon7574

Neo Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Microsoft say during last years e3 that they were gonna have some type of trade in program for the Xbox One X? Maybe I'm imagining things.

Is the "supplies are probably going to be scarce" an assesment of Polygon or was that something said by Microsoft? I am not seeing the latter. I doubt they want to hype this thing up as much as they are and then only make a limited supply.

My guess is that is there assesment. The pro wasn't super hard to find when it launched, as a matter of fact I went in a month before launch and preordered mine and there was only 3 of us. I don't forsee it being an issue to preorder unless they only make a few thousand of them, which would be insane.

Dabanton

Is the "supplies are probably going to be scarce" an assesment of Polygon or was that something said by Microsoft? I am not seeing the latter. I doubt they want to hype this thing up as much as they are and then only make a limited supply.

Tbh since this is going to be a 'worldwide' launch it may be true. I certainly don't want to take the risk in any case. I don't think running round stores on launch night is really that appealing.

gamz

Tbh since this is going to be a 'worldwide' launch it may be true. I certainly don't want to take the risk in any case. I don't think running round stores on launch night is really that appealing.

I believe that includes China. It's going to sell out fast.

I hava a TV related question about this:

We know that the X will have a HDMI 2.1. So people with 4K TV at the moment with "regular" HDMI 2.0, they will not be utilizing the X full potential right?

If so and if you want to access it's full potential, you'll need to wait early 2018 to buy a compatible 4K TV with HDMI 2.1 so why buy now?

I hava a TV related question about this:

We know that the X will have a HDMI 2.1. So people with 4K TV at the moment with "regular" HDMI 2.0, they will not be utilizing the X full potential right?

If so and if you want to access it's full potential, you'll need to wait early 2018 to buy a compatible 4K TV with HDMI 2.1 so why buy now?

I don't think it has hdmi 2.1 ports. I think it just supports some features of the hdmi 2.1 spec (e.g. Freesync etc) that could be done within 2.0's current bandwidth.. Am I wrong?

Edit: Yeah, X1X has a 2.0b out port.

Re: Bundles

Remember the original One got an official bundle less than 4 months after release (Titanfall). It wouldn't surprise me if we got a bundle so soon again.

Padinn

Hoping the preorder deal at me store kicks ass if it comes. I have 100 in gift cards. Even 125 would be nice for my 500gb.

Exactly my point. Isn't Freesync like super important?

I don't see why a firmware update couldn't implement freesync support. But you'd probably be safer just waiting for a 2019 model over relying on LG/Samsung/Sony/Whoever to do that.

And yeah, Freesync is nice. If you don't mind gaming on a monitor there is always that option also.

Tinman dX

Banned
Is Xbox One X on the floor at E3? And have there been any impressions been looking for a thread so I can get some input.

Apologies for the slight derail off topic but that kinda effects my preorder

Only thing I've heard is X1X is to PS4 Pro as PS4 is to X1 and that's a little discouraging because honestly I don't see much difference in games on PS4/X1. Nothing that makes is super obvious and jarring anyway.

cucuchu

I agree with that! I feel like there is more hype for this than the PS4 Pro (at least now) and that was easy to get a preorder for....I drove to gamestop the second the PS4 Pro reveal conference finished and they were already taking preorders. Turns out I didn't even need to preorder one because they had units available for walk ins for about a week after launch.

They say worldwide launch so I would think they would produce enough to meet the initial demand. Its XBox though so I don't see it selling insane numbers outside the United States/Canada/UK where the brand is fairly popular.

Anecdotal I know but I talked with the manager who is a friend of mine at one of the Gamestops near me and he has no idea when preorders will be opened up. He said no news has been passed down to him yet. He told me that 7 people called or walked in Monday to ask about preordering and nobody yesterday other than a couple that already asked on Monday and were checking for an update. He seemed to have concern with how he going to sell it at its price and that more people asked about the Switch in the past couple of days than the Xbox One X. I told him that an item like this is for enthusiasts and anyone that wants it probably already knows they want it so hopefully it will just sell itself.

I would still say better safe than sorry and to preorder this the moment you can because of what happened with the elite controller and in the off chance that Microsoft under-produces.

Lima

Exactly my point. Isn't Freesync like super important?

It's important but not for TVs. If you intend to use your X with a monitor then there are already plenty of them that support Freesync.

HDMI 2.1 has its own standard with VRR which manufactures adopting the port will surely implement.

Remains to be seen if TV manufacturers will implement Freesync to their TVs in the future. None of them have certainly bothered to include it since it has been technically possible since HDMI 1.4 I think.

This thing has been super overblown imo. It would be a game changer but without HDMI 2.1 it's really not.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
back of the box?!
xbox-one-x-retail-packaging-rear.jpg
Hot damn...

Top Bottom