• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Well looks like Amazon US is out =\

I went back and forth on buying one because truthfully, there are really no first party games on the horizon and its very disappointing

But I got back on the fence and pre-ordered because...

At heart, I'm a graphics whore. That simple. And I've got a ton of games already in my collection that are getting day 1 updates to take advantage of the console. I've got several games in my backlog that I haven't played yet that are getting updates so it'll be like getting a brand new game that takes advantage of my new console*looking at you Witcher 3: GoTY edition*.

And.. this is just me being honest - Red Dead Redemption 2 is my most anticipated game. First one is probably my all time favorite game. I know its still a ways from releasing, but I want to play it in the best resolution and graphics enhancements possible.

This is me as well. Now the tough part is, do I get a game for the PS4 Pro or the One X? :(

6VMFdKS.png

Feels good to chip away at that total each week :)

I'd be curious to hear how many of the day one buyers are people who already own an Xbox One.

I just sold my XBOX One S, so while I without one, it was because I didn't need it anymore

The One X is going to be my fourth XBOX One. It didn't really work out the first two times, and the third was for the 4K blu-rays. I know that the One X will now become my primary machine, so it will definitely be my last Xbox One :p

I'd be curious to hear how many of the day one buyers are people who already own an Xbox One.

I’m one, but the X’s power and my lack of time to play all the stuff on PS4 led me to make this my primary platform. I figured the few games I do play should look their best.

big_z

Why oh why is the Amazon.ca preorder Prime only? :(

they've been doing this a lot lately especially with switch. is it legal to hold back stock for members only? I cant think of any other store that does this, some places give membership benefits/points or require a membership to buy at but to hold back your ability to buy selected products is fucked. its like if mcdonalds would only serve you yesterdays leftovers unless you were a mcmeal member.

Hawk269

So the standard edition went up for pre-order now as well? Where was the thread announcing this? I was waiting to hear when it would happen since a friend needs one and I will be putting the initial deposit down.

So the standard edition went up for pre-order now as well? Where was the thread announcing this? I was waiting to hear when it would happen since a friend needs one and I will be putting the initial deposit down.

Looks like somebody needs to follow Wario64 on Twitter ;)))

Bsigg12

Count me one.

I would bet money the biggest number of day one buyers are upgrading from a X1 or S.

I'll be selling my Xbox One S to a friend after I get my X1X.

6VMFdKS.png

Feels good to chip away at that total each week :)

I just sold my XBOX One S, so while I without one, it was because I didn't need it anymore

The One X is going to be my fourth XBOX One. It didn't really work out the first two times, and the third was for the 4K blu-rays. I know that the One X will now become my primary machine, so it will definitely be my last Xbox One :p

I’m one, but the X’s power and my lack of time to play all the stuff on PS4 led me to make this my primary platform. I figured the few games I do play should look their best.

Meeeee, but i'm dumping my old XBO at Gamestop or something. I have a gen 1 one.

I'm actually one as well. This will be my 3rd Xbox One and it will be my buddy at work's 3rd as well. Should be a solid November for Microsoft. December and calendar year 2018 in Q1 should be interesting to watch to see if it catches on at $499.

Thoraxes

I'm actually one as well. This will be my 3rd Xbox One and it will be my buddy at work's 3rd as well. Should be a solid November for Microsoft. December and calendar year 2018 in Q1 should be interesting to watch to see if it catches on at $499.
I was surprised just how much the XBO Gen 1's trade-in prices have tanked. Already sub-$100.

aaaaa0

they've been doing this a lot lately especially with switch. is it legal to hold back stock for members only? I cant think of any other store that does this, some places give membership benefits/points or require a membership to buy at but to hold back your ability to buy selected products is fucked. its like if mcdonalds would only serve you yesterdays leftovers unless you were a mcmeal member.

It's dickish but I can't see why it would be illegal. Costco lets anyone buy food from their cafeteria, but they don't let you buy products without a membership.

If Amazon.ca doesn't want my business, I'll go elsewhere. I ended up ordering from BestBuy.ca instead.

Ended up cancelling my preorder. Got too caught up in the hyper, and forgot that I barely even use my Xbox one especially since I upgraded my PC and can play Forza flawlessly.

If I knew Halo would be coming to PC 100% I would probably stick solely to PC Microsoft wise. Wasn’t happy to cancel but i wanted to let someone have one that actually really wanted one.

Klocker

I'm upgrading from the OG 2013 xbone. Will still have my S tho for game sharing.

A little pissed I have to buy the adapter to keep my kinect2 working tho.

yep utter bullshit really, Albert please fix this and get us a free kinect adapter upgrade like the S had, thx

Well looks like Amazon US is out =

This is me as well. Now the tough part is, do I get a game for the PS4 Pro or the One X? :(

For me, I will obviously have to buy Sony 1st and 2nd party games for PS4 Pro, and I think I’m gonna stick to fighting games on my PS4 Pro as well — the two arcade sticks I own are for PS4 Pro, and while the Brook USB adapter can convert pretty easily, I still feel like the fighting game community will still be very PS4-centric for the remainder of the generation. I think we’ll continue to see console exclusive content and whole game releases on PS4 as far as fighting games go, too. For instance, while Guilty Gear did get ported to Xbox platforms in the past, I don’t actually get vibes that Xrd will make the jump to Xbox One.

If a game is OMG-day-1-hype levels for me and multiplatform, I will assume ahead of release that the One X version will be better and just opt for that version, UNLESS it’s a multiplayer game that my PS4 friends are intent on playing, too. For games I’m on the fence about, just gonna wait for Digital Foundry breakdowns — I’m not expecting PS4 Pro to win too many of the fidelity battles going forward on multiplat titles, but in the off chance that the PS4 Pro is somehow better off for whatever reason, then I’ll be relying on tech analysis to make the call in terms of Pro v X.

Ricker

So I pre-ordered mine from EBgames up here in Canada,gave a 50 dollar deposit but they said I have to bring in my XBox One before October 1st for the trade in deal...is that the way they always do this...? and will I pay tax on the 349 bucks left to pay on November 7th or tax on 599...?

Going to call them up today,just wondering.

So I pre-ordered mine from EBgames up here in Canada,gave a 50 dollar deposit but they said I have to bring in my XBox One before October 1st for the trade in deal...is that the way they always do this...? and will I pay tax on the 349 bucks left to pay on November 7th or tax on 599...?

Going to call them up today,just wondering.

You pay tax on the $349. Also, the trade deals are usually time dependant. They do extend these deals though. It’s a gamble if you want to see if they extend it.

Ricker

You pay tax on the $349. Also, the trade deals are usually time dependant. They do extend these deals though. It’s a gamble if you want to see if they extend it.

Okay thanks,good about the tax but I thought I could bring my X1 on November 7th when I get the X1X...oh well no big deal,its just a month and I have a Pro ;)

Really surprised Germany is selling out as fast as it is. What's the scoop on that Colbert?

PC Gaming market Germany likes powerful hardware / stuff
Germany, or at least Amazon.de has lower stock allocations than other retailer / regions

Pick one, or both :)
I found this suspicious l, too

edit: and for people who asked why buy an Xbox One X!?
DKVUK6gXUAAYZ9b.jpg

I'm upgrading from the OG 2013 xbone. Will still have my S tho for game sharing.

A little pissed I have to buy the adapter to keep my kinect2 working tho.

So I just sold my Kinect with AC adapter for like 20 bucks on eBay as it wasn't really something I could keep looking good for my living room setup.

As I haven't used it in a bit, what are the benefits again?

Feel like there is a small chance I could be missing out on something.

So I just sold my Kinect with AC adapter for like 20 bucks on eBay as it wasn't really something I could keep looking good for my living room setup.

As I haven't used it in a bit, what are the benefits again?

Feel like there is a small chance I could be missing out on something.

I'd pay $30 just to be able to pause Netflix and HBO. Does voice still work with video apps?

Delryk

I'd pay $30 just to be able to pause Netflix and HBO. Does voice still work with video apps?

Simple features makes it fun.. even just the "ok cortana xbox on" and it turns on my tv, receiver and xbox is fascinating. Using it everyday.

Im one of those who would have like kinect to have real success tho. Thing of the past now.

Johnohno

Thinking about getting this TV for the One X but I'm useless with this type of stuff so have no idea if it's any good.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6994653

It fits my price range at the moment and the size fits the space I have available so if anybody has any advice, or can point to something more suited for a similar price, it'd be greatly appreciated.

LowSignal

Simple features makes it fun.. even just the "ok cortana xbox on" and it turns on my tv, receiver and xbox is fascinating. Using it everyday.

Im one of those who would have like kinect to have real success tho. Thing of the past now.

I hope now that we can usb cams that something like the logitech c922 could replace a kinect in most functions.

ElNino

I was surprised just how much the XBO Gen 1's trade-in prices have tanked. Already sub-$100.
Depends where you are trading I guess. I can still get $200+ trade-in for my Day One Xbox One towards and Xbox One X at EB. That being said, I'm considering holding onto the Day One to leave in the basement for the kids to when we are using the TVs upstairs, or for when they want to play a Kinect game (jumping around is much more tolerating when in the basement).

Top Bottom