• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I have a really dumb question. I won one of these from the taco bell contest but I haven't followed the news on this thing at all. I have a really awful tv (I think 720p is it's max resolution) and can't really justify getting a new TV for a bunch of boring reasons. I also already have an xbox one as well. Is there any real advantage to me getting this?

It's free, and better? You might get a 4K TV within a few years? You like shiny objects? You bothered to enter the contest? Reasons?

Darklor01

Got a Standard order in, think I'll cancel my Scorpio Edition. I like the gradient but the green text is so damn tacky lol. Dumb I know, but I usually have these things on my desk right in front of me.

I know I'm in the minority with my opinion but I have a PS4 Pro on my desk right in front of me and barely look at the box outside of loading discs and don't much care what it looks like. I forget it's there when playing and almost no one but me will see it.

vulva

It's free, and better? You might get a 4K TV within a few years? You like shiny objects? You bothered to enter the contest? Reasons?
I'm just asking if there are known features that aren't just related to resolution that would give me a reason to use this over my current Xbox one. I'm not unhappy or negative about winning it but I didn't come across that information when reading up, figured people in this thread are enthusiasts that would know things I don't.

I'm just asking if there are known features that aren't just related to resolution that would give me a reason to use this over my current Xbox one. I'm not unhappy or negative about winning it but I didn't come across that information when reading up, figured people in this thread are enthusiasts that would know things I don't.

16x AF, UHD BR drive if you're on the OG One, better draw distances, faster load times, etc. Just google it.

Zanlee

Out of curiosity, What's the main reason why you will buy an Xbox One X?
If it's a game let us know what game it is.

Thanks for replying guys ... out of 6 people who replied, no one mentioned any games. The lack of exclusive games is the main reason why I will probably not buy the XOX. It looks like an amazing console specially for someone with a 4k TV but so far the only game I was really waiting for was Scalebound :(

The problem with buying a console for its power is that another more powerful console will probably come out not so long after. Good games will stay good for ever though.

I guess it makes sense if you already have a big xbox one library of games.

Got a notification from Best Buy that preorders were temporarily available so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Got it set up for in-store pickup on release day.

Thanks for replying guys ... out of 6 people who replied, no one mentioned any games. The lack of exclusive games is the main reason why I will probably not buy the XOX. It looks like an amazing console specially for someone with a 4k TV but so far the only game I was really waiting for was Scalebound :(

The problem with buying a console for its power is that another more powerful console will probably come out not so long after. Good games will stay good for ever though.

I’m getting it for the same reason I got the PS Pro:

Extra horsepower.

Also, I own a ton of digital games on the XB1 so I have a huge backlog to play with enhanced features.

R aka Bon

Thats probably because it isn't a new generation with its own games, it is just supposed make those existing or upcoming games look and play much better :)

Smokey

I really hate the way Best Buy handles preorders. So if I do it, it's going to do a charge of the full amount right? I have the funds to do it, but when does that charge fall off?

I’m getting it for the same reason I got the PS Pro:

Extra horsepower.

Also, I own a ton of digital games on the XB1 so I have a huge backlog to play with enhanced features.

We're gonna get even better X360 emulation. Games like Reach and Red Dead are already better on X1 but there's still minor frame rate drops in a few parts.

Icekeep9

I got my preorder in. Used some Game stop credit from the 70 percent flip back in early July. The reason I'm getting the Xbox one X is the extra power for the games. I'm trading in my Xbox one s and I flipped some games too back in July, so not much of a cost to upgrade. I have a Samsung 4k HDR tv and want games to take advantage of it. I also have a PS4 Pro for the same reason. A new console will replace these but we are probably 2-3 years out from that and that's enough time for me.

Icekeep9

I really hate the way Best Buy handles preorders. So if I do it, it's going to do a charge of the full amount right? I have the funds to do it, but when does that charge fall off?

I believe Best Buy constantly checks every couple weeks, so you have to have the full amount in there or you risk cancellation. It sucks that it is not like Amazon.

We're gonna get even better X360 emulation. Games like Reach and Red Dead are already better on X1 but there's still minor frame rate drops in a few parts.

That's a pretty big plus in my book.

Is there any word on forced down-sampling for XB360 games?

My understanding is that all XB1 games, regardless of patching, will have forced down-sampling.

They charged me the full amount immediately. It showed up on my CC account right away as pending.

badflame

Banned
I have a really dumb question. I won one of these from the taco bell contest but I haven't followed the news on this thing at all. I have a really awful tv (I think 720p is it's max resolution) and can't really justify getting a new TV for a bunch of boring reasons. I also already have an xbox one as well. Is there any real advantage to me getting this?

Obviously not only will improve the resolution, also use better filters and there will be greater fluidity of movement.

But, in my personal opinion, the games will not be 100% optimized as if it were a specific programming just for a console.

Lima

That's a pretty big plus in my book.

Is there any word on forced down-sampling for XB360 games?

My understanding is that all XB1 games, regardless of patching, will have forced down-sampling.

No because games still render in their native resolution and then upscale.
Also you did get something wrong about XB1 games too. Only if the game is patched for X enhancements featuring a higher resolution it will have downsampling on X. Non patched games still run at their original resolution or more often close to the highest possible if it’s a game using dynamic res.

E92 M3

My Amazon Scorpio order still doesn't show a delivery date and I ordered it in the first minutes. Good thing I still have my GS order.

Darklor01

Oh. I imagine performance boosts which allow for better frame rate in games would be the biggest difference maker for someone who has a 720p set. I'm not certain too many other things would be a difference maker until you get a 1080p or higher resolution set. Then, super sampling makes a difference there.

Syrus

Banned

...their isnt any exclusives releasing at launch except maybe Forza.

Im stoked for State of Decay , Ori and Wisp , maybe PUBG , any new gears or halo.

But those are all 2018 and technically PC too

Sydle

Standard edition pre-ordered. I was initially going to hold off for a while, but I have a 4K TV and enough games in my backlog that are getting enhancements to justify the purchase.

After much though (and pre-ordering/cancelling) I've decided to wait. I already have a backlog of Xbox One games that I just haven't played and that list will only grow. Doesn't seem like it's worth it for me to spend money on new hardware as a result. Definitely gonna buy in if/when we get a bundle deal in the future. Gimme a Halo 6 themed One X and I'll throw all my money at it!

Good luck to all who are getting one at launch. Can't wait to see impressions from Gaffers and press.

Darklor01

After much though (and pre-ordering/cancelling) I've decided to wait. I already have a backlog of Xbox One games that I just haven't played and that list will only grow. Doesn't seem like it's worth it for me to spend money on new hardware as a result. Definitely gonna buy in if/when we get a bundle deal in the future. Gimme a Halo 6 themed One X and I'll throw all my money at it!

Good luck to all who are getting one at launch. Can't wait to see impressions from Gaffers and press.

I can appreciate this stance. Good on you for doing right by your needs. You also have that opportunity to evaluate the system's value to you after that post launch research, articles, and personal account as you said.

No because games still render in their native resolution and then upscale.
Also you did get something wrong about XB1 games too. Only if the game is patched for X enhancements featuring a higher resolution it will have downsampling on X. Non patched games still run at their original resolution or more often close to the highest possible if it’s a game using dynamic res.

Ah, good to know, thanks for the heads up.

I hope developers aggressively patch their games. Downsampling is so nice.

Yes I have to get one for Red Dead 2 alone, but I'm not really desperate for one on launch day. Especially not if I can get a good game pack in not long after, which I think is very likely.

the soul reason I'm getting XBOX ONE X red dead redemption 2 will hopefully utilize its full power so it'll help hold over if they ever release a PC version

bill0527

Out of curiosity, What's the main reason why you will buy an Xbox One X?
If it's a game let us know what game it is.

I went back and forth on buying one because truthfully, there are really no first party games on the horizon and its very disappointing

But I got back on the fence and pre-ordered because...

At heart, I'm a graphics whore. That simple. And I've got a ton of games already in my collection that are getting day 1 updates to take advantage of the console. I've got several games in my backlog that I haven't played yet that are getting updates so it'll be like getting a brand new game that takes advantage of my new console*looking at you Witcher 3: GoTY edition*.

And.. this is just me being honest - Red Dead Redemption 2 is my most anticipated game. First one is probably my all time favorite game. I know its still a ways from releasing, but I want to play it in the best resolution and graphics enhancements possible.

I went back and forth on buying one because truthfully, there are really no first party games on the horizon and its very disappointing

But I got back on the fence and pre-ordered because...

At heart, I'm a graphics whore. That simple. And I've got a ton of games already in my collection that are getting day 1 updates to take advantage of the console. I've got several games in my backlog that I haven't played yet that are getting updates so it'll be like getting a brand new game that takes advantage of my new console*looking at you Witcher 3: GoTY edition*.

And.. this is just me being honest - Red Dead Redemption 2 is my most anticipated game. First one is probably my all time favorite game. I know its still a ways from releasing, but I want to play it in the best resolution and graphics enhancements possible.

This is my story pretty much.

Pre-orders seem to be successful. Many retailers already low on stock or out of stock.

yeah. even Amazon.com is now out of stock
lets hope Albert is right and they have an aggressive restock plan for the holidays and units on shelf for launch + more preorder allocations until release

Klocker

My Amazon Scorpio order still doesn't show a delivery date and I ordered it in the first minutes. Good thing I still have my GS order.

Same here still no delivery date om scorpio amazon so I grabbed a best buy standard which says get in nov 7

btw this is Amazon.co.uk
dksmy5_xoaavgmz5ojgl.jpg

watch the bottom
new Orders will be delivered by the end of November

Top Bottom