• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

It's usually when their BC title announcements drop so I don't know if we will see anything at the same time.

If it's true there will probably be a press release and then a while before preorders actually go live on sites.

Maybe preorders won't even happen today and they will just announce a date.

If any of this is true.

It's usually when their BC title announcements drop so I don't know if we will see anything at the same time.

If it's true there will probably be a press release and then a while before preorders actually go live on sites.

Maybe preorders won't even happen today and they will just announce a date.

If any of this is true.

I could see announcement today, then available for preorder on friday

GjZmcq3.jpg

Syrus

Banned
Can you cancel amazon pre orders easy?

Im wanting to see who has best trade in programs between MS store or gamestop..

Not sure where I want to pre order...

If I do amazon I may miss the drop off.... but I get 5% back on orders.

Bah

The dream is dead folks...

Can you cancel amazon pre orders easy?

Im wanting to see who has best trade in programs between MS store or gamestop..

Not sure where I want to pre order...

If I do amazon I may miss the drop off.... but I get 5% back on orders.

Bah

You can order/cancel things on Amazon as much as you want with no real consequence up until about the week of release.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Can't say I'm disappointed since I'll be at work and unable to snag a gamestop preorder until after work.

I need an evening announcement or a weekend announcement!

It sucks that I'm tied to GameStop but that's the only way I'm going to burn off all this store credit!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I assume the rumored announcement was the TacoBell thing. Pre-order announcement follow later.

Honestly, I can't quite tell if waiting longer to announce it is a mistake or not. The original statement seemed to be that the only thing holding back preorders was the FCC. Now that that isn't part of the issue, making an announcement is? Feh.

Colbert

Banned
Honestly, I can't quite tell if waiting longer to announce it is a mistake or not. The original statement seemed to be that the only thing holding back preorders was the FCC. Now that that isn't part of the issue, making an announcement is? Feh.
This is getting to the point of being annoying. What's the hold up

I never saw them say it was the FCC only, it was one of the reasons (when it comes to my understanding). We people just make to many assumptions some time and after time taking them as a fact. As I already said earlier in this thread we shouldn't underestimate the paperwork required to make the pre-order available to us. Those deals have to be signed-off by a lot of people and the devil is in the details.

Edit:
That is takes this long can be a good sign for special deals that are coming with the pre-order announcement like TV/Console bundles (speculation) or special trade-in deals that go beyond what is already available (speculation).

Dabanton

For the announcement I would imagine MS probably wants lots of videos to show the progress of Xbox One X enhanced games.

A collection of those would go a long way to convincing people that the upgrade is worth it.

Didn't some devs only get devkits just after E3?

Nemesis_

This is hurting them more than anything. I only speak anecdotally, of course, but people who have just done their taxes and want a refund want to be able to slap down money on one now. But they can't. It's fucking bizarre.

Lothars

This is hurting them more than anything. I only speak anecdotally, of course, but people who have just done their taxes and want a refund want to be able to slap down money on one now. But they can't. It's fucking bizarre.
Agreed by them taking so long with preorders, it's a negative more than anything.

Nemesis_

Agreed by them taking so long with preorders, it's a negative more than anything.

I still want one. But other audiences will grow tired, if not confused, at the inability to preorder. MS just seem so tone-deaf just when I thought they were turning things around.

I hope it's soon

What region are you referring to with this? In the U.S. taxes get filed between January and April... Anecdotally, I don't know many people who save that refund for this long.

ElfArmy177

Editor Windowscentral.com for Xbox related stuff.

Ok but wtf does "soon" mean. I'm so sick of this cryptic bullshit. Is it today? Not today? This week? For Christ sake Microsoft you seriously need to announce what DAY they go live for those of us who work and can't sit at home on mommas computer and f5 all day

/Rant

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It won't be today, but jez's tweet definitely sounds like it'll be soon. This week? Noice

Ok but wtf does "soon" mean. I'm so sick of this cryptic bullshit. Is it today? Not today? This week? For Christ sake Microsoft you seriously need to announce what DAY they go live for those of us who work and can't sit at home on mommas computer and f5 all day

/Rant

Dude... They aren't gonna sell out of pre-orders in a day. If you're that concerned, get a Twitter account and follow/turn on notifications for people like Wario64. You'll be notified within seconds to minutes of when they go live. No need for ranting.

ElfArmy177

Dude... They aren't gonna sell out of pre-orders in a day. If you're that concerned, get a Twitter account and follow/turn on notifications for people like Wario64. You'll be notified within seconds to minutes of when they go live. No need for ranting.

You really don't think they will sell out? That's the basis of my frustration is the assumption they will. But I haven't been able to keep up as much as I'd like

Mihalis0013

Neo Member
You really don't think they will sell out? That's the basis of my frustration is the assumption they will. But I haven't been able to keep up as much as I'd like

For what it's worth, when the Xbox One and Playstation 4 launched, they couldn't be found anywhere locally. When the PS4 Pro launched I saw it in multiple stores and several boxes at each.

Also, Phil Spencer made some comments that made it seem like it would be available during one of the E3 interviews he did (I think Giantbomb).

So if you really want one I would say keep an eye on the Twitter accounts as someone else suggested but I don't think you need to panic about it as if it were the Xbox that is replacing the Xbox One and starting a new gen.

I really can't say whether they will "sell out" over time, but it certainly won't happen in one day. It took quite some time for pre-orders of the Xbox One/PS4 to "sell out" before launch, and those were part of a new console generation.

To be clear, I'm saying that I don't think you'll have any issue pre-ordering if you can't get to it the second they go live. I'm kind of assuming that these will be hard to find in-store on November 7th.

I dont think anyone is expecting Switch/snes Classic levels of stock issues. Is it possible if you dont reserve it you may have to wait till Day 2 or have to make a couple trips to a few stores on launch day to find one? I think so and that is what people want to avoid. Its nice knowing you have something you know you want reserved and dont have to worry. It was a nice feeling for me with my Snes Classic for a bit there....looking at you walmart

FinKL

So not today but "soon" hmm exactly the same status last week and last month lol

Either way every passing day increases the chances of it going live

killroy87

They have ZERO chance of selling out. This is an upgraded iteration (which people don't tend to care for) of the second place platform, that costs $499 (which has historically been a failure of a price point).

The thing wont sell out, lol.

I wouldn't go MediaMarkt tbh. Amazon will have the best quantities if you would ask me.

But you need a CC for Amazon don't you? Plus with a gaming system I'd rather buy it at a store in my city. So if I get shit with it I can go back. MM in my city usually is quite decent when it comes to these things. :)

If this happens after Thursday I am screwed. I'll be traveling that week, maybe I can do Gamestop online?

I'd say your best bet is to do Amazon as a "placeholder" until you can get to a Gamestop. If pre-orders somehow sell out before you get back, you'll be covered with no money out of pocket until it ships. If they don't sell out (they likely won't for a few weeks or so at least) then you can easily cancel the Amazon order.

Top Bottom