• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Project Scorpio Announced - 6TFlops, 320GB/s - Fall 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noobcraft

I'm really hoping Microsoft's studios push the graphical envelope with Scorpio. If it turns out anything like the PS4 Pro, which more or less looks to provide an IQ bump and slightly prettier scenes, I'm out. I want to be impressed by the visuals it produces which hasn't happened too much this gen.

quest

Not Banned from OT
It will be 400. Anything over and it's dead on the water and Ms sure as hell knows that.

It is already dead in the water. There is nothing that can be done about that. MS has a chance to reach out to the core gaming community with a real premium product. Especially after the luke warm Pro response. A 399.99 console with a jaguar does nothing to improve over the pro. They both would be held back by horrible CPUs. Put a Zen in there with 6TF then you are talking 3rd party games running at twice the frame rate of the Pro.

Bizzquik

I think $400 for Scorpio is entirely do-able. We tend to forget how quickly component costs go down as continual advancements are made.

Perhaps what it costs to manufacture & release the PS4 Pro today will at least be in the ballpark of the cost to manufacture & release Scorpio a year later.

I'm really hoping Microsoft's studios push the graphical envelope with Scorpio. If it turns out anything like the PS4 Pro, which more or less looks to provide an IQ bump and slightly prettier scenes, I'm out. I want to be impressed by the visuals it produces which hasn't happened too much this gen.

Same here the only game that visually impressed me so far has been the new gears played on the one s at e3.

ViciousDS

Banned
I don't think that was eveer established...at least I don't remember them saying anything like that.

yes, I was trying to find where I heard it after I posted.....but nothing available as microsoft flip flopped on the opriginal message leaving it up to devs to make the decision.

Trup1aya

It's going to be 500 at least, they have already said it's going to be a premium product.

In 2017, $400 will be a premium product... Unless the Neo sells like hotcakes for the next year.

The Ps4 pro coming with no UHD drive has sole me... On a used OG PS4. Now I'll probably wait to upgrade my Xbox One for when Scorpio comes out- and upgrade my TV then too. Hopefully it launches at $400.

Sydle

yes, I was trying to find where I heard it after I posted.....but nothing available as microsoft flip flopped on the opriginal message leaving it up to devs to make the decision.

They didn't flip flop on anything regarding Scorpio messaging. Shannon Loftis mistakenly said it would be up to devs, but she was corrected pretty fast (by Greenburg I think?) and apologized for any confusion.

Strootman

Why people here act like ms or sony must win some bullshit war?

Who cares, I want ms to go $499 and release a better and powerful console.

Flintty

Ok MS show me what you got! This is your chance.

Oculus Rift bundle!!

Interesting times ahead. Hopefully the PS4 Pro announce will tease more info out of MS. I'm still sat on the fence as to whether or not it's worth a mid gen upgrade.

Scrawnton

After today I decided to wait on PS4 Pro and hold out until NX and Scorpio. Already rockin' a 4K TV and an Xbox One S, so I might as well wait for a bigger jump.

Elixist

im guessing 499 as well. if the value is there the consumer is there. make a quality machine with good cooling like the bone. ps3 at launch was a bad value especially compared to the 360, if there was 600 dollars of gaming machine in there it dint present itself as such, worse online, controller, graphics on at least 3rd party titles were worse for a long time and in some cases stayed that way the whole gen. if this is the best, gamers will pay it.

rrc1594

Hardware is whatever what I'm most interested is software. Other then Crackdown and SoD 2 we know nothing off what can be late 2017. They need the games with the push

Crackdown
SoD 2
Forza 7
?
?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Why people here act like ms or sony must win some bullshit war?

Who cares, I want ms to go $499 and release a better and powerful console.
I just want them to price it at a price that the market will adopt it and there will be a healthy userbase. If the price it too high then less people will buy it and there will be less support in terms of software which will propagate the cycle of less people buying it and less software support.
I'd rather it be a less powerful console that sells well and has a good market penetration than a very high performance console with a small userbase.

Archpath1

Any chance of an all digital version this time around?
No disc drive/bigger hard drive

Ive definitely purchased more digital content this gen, would be interesting

Elixist

Hardware is whatever what I'm most interested is software. Other then Crackdown and SoD 2 we know nothing off what can be late 2017. They need the games with the push

Crackdown
SoD 2
Forza 7
?
?

tis a fairpoint but 3rd party is huge, biggest of the biggest right now are the Destinys, GTAs, Cods, madden/2k Overwatch maybe heh

Syrus

Banned
It's very possible Pro will get a revision next year (pro slim), and will release with a game. $499 would be too high.

I agree 500 wont have mass appeal.

MS has to make price low because Pro destroys the xbox S.

They have to compete with that price while being stronger.

Tough

Confirms my thinking when Microsoft boldly let their competition know, a year and half in advance, that they were building a 6TF system. They already knew what GPU Sony ordered from AMD for PS4 Pro and that spec was locked. How else could they say on that E3 stage that Scorpio would be the "Most Powerful Console Ever" 18 months out. Holiday 2017 is a long ways away though. Microsoft needs to drop monthly info to keep the fans engaged and aware of what they have coming in the future.

Xbox as a division is centered around the holidays instead of spread through the year, so I imagine to keep Slim sales high for this holiday, they'll stay mum on Scorpio until January. Once they see the holiday sales drop back to normal, they'll start hyping it for their next holiday.

Sydle

Crackdown
SoD 2
Forza 7
?
?

Will be a missed opportunity if they don't do Halo 3 Anniversary.

I imagine MS has Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, and Halo Wars 2 being built with Scorpio patches in mind. Maybe even Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 3? They probably have a third-party marketing deal or two in mind that they'll have take advantage of Scorpio.

EDIT: Maybe they patch H5 as well so it reaches a higher resolution while maintaining 60fps?

im guessing 499 as well. if the value is there the consumer is there. make a quality machine with good cooling like the bone. ps3 at launch was a bad value especially compared to the 360, if there was 600 dollars of gaming machine in there it dint present itself as such, worse online, controller, graphics on at least 3rd party titles were worse for a long time and in some cases stayed that way the whole gen. if this is the best, gamers will pay it.

Exactly. What I said earlier.

Xbox one flopped because there was a superior console out there that didn't have mix messaging, Kinect and was more powerful.

If MS release a more powerful console then hardcore gamers won't have any problems paying for it.

If they release a minor upgrade over the pro it's not going to make a difference. If they release a huge upgrade then it will. So hopefully MS do not hold back.

All those worrying about price. Buy a Xbox one or slim. I want a premium product.

EvB

Crackdown
SoD 2
Forza 7
?
?

Halo Wars 2
Halo 3 Anniversary
Scalebound
Sea of Thieves

are all announced 2017 titles, I would also fully expect for some new titles to be unveiled for the launch of scorpio at e3

Microsoft have been really good with long term support of their first party games of late, so It wouldn't totally surprise me if we'll see Scorpio upgrades for some of the current games.

BumRush

I agree 500 wont have mass appeal.

MS has to make price low because Pro destroys the xbox S.

They have to compete with that price while being stronger.

Tough

If there's a $200 gap between the PS4pro and Scorpio (by next winter) Scorpio will get destroyed sales-wise.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I said Scorpio would be $399 a while ago in this thread and was mob attacked lol. Standing by it, Scorpio will be $399..maybe a $499 SKU that includes an elite controller and larger hard drive. Also I think by launch it'll be well over 6TF, maybe 7-7.5TF if it has Zen, its a chance for MS to significantly separate this product from Neo.

I said Scorpio would be $399 a while ago in this thread and was mob attacked lol. Standing by it, Scorpio will be $399..maybe a $499 SKU that includes an elite controller and larger hard drive. Also I think by launch it'll be well over 6TF, maybe 7-7.5TF if it has Zen, its a chance for MS to significantly separate this product from Neo.

This is probably what is going to happen. They will HAVE to release a SKU at $399. Definitely going to be basic. No controller, etc. Just the box. The $499 will be like a normal bundle. The $399 will probably come with a download code for a game from their store though. Honestly, that makes me the happiest if that happens. I already have an elite controller and other xbox one controllers. A cheaper option without all that is exactly what I'll be buying.

I usually buy every console for exclusives this will be the first one I haven't bought day 1 in a long time. I have a pc more powerful already, I'm not sure if the sharing exclusive with pc was a good move for xbox. I Guess I am in the minority of people though who already have a rig that powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom