• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Scorpio reveal on Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific by Eurogamer/DF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
John is probably sitting on this thread, watching every comment and just laughing. He knows he has information that is going to send meltdowns.

If this thing has zen, meltdown.

If it has jaguar, meltdown.

Think of the power he possess.......

gweemz

amazonscorpio_resourc5go64.png

Is this a Razer product?

12Dannu123

There will probably end up being VR exclusive titles but for the first 12 months, I can see them keeping the Xbox one alive. I think the uptake on Scorpio will dictated how quickly the the Xbox to Scorpio transfer takes.

I think it depends. Microsoft can enforce games to be developed for Scorpio first then scaled down to XB1 or scaled up for PC

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
4lUMmhx.jpg

Huge positive surprises?

The general notion is that Scorpio will have Ryzen CPU, 12gb gddr5x, and 6tf+gpu for $399.

If it ends up anything less you are just setting everyone up for disappointment Jez. Seriously.

Wow, this is the general notion? Sounds like the wet dreams of the most hardcore Xbox fanboys. I don't think most of us are expecting that.

icespide

Banned
4lUMmhx.jpg

Huge positive surprises?

The general notion is that Scorpio will have Ryzen CPU, 12gb gddr5x, and 6tf+gpu for $399.

If it ends up anything less you are just setting everyone up for disappointment Jez. Seriously.

having Zen is not the general notion at all. it's pretty much 50/50 shot at this point

Dehnus

4lUMmhx.jpg

Huge positive surprises?

I don't think they'd announce a price yet though, they probably wait.

I personally think it'll be 499 with a game pack in like Forza 7 or maybe Fifa 18?

I spend my day driving sports cars. I won't.

It's for another poster that wanted them to take the MSI route. Thought it was funny it has a "VR" label on the front.

LOL, yeah..I was like....where the !$!@#$ do I put the disk drive. The modular CD drive and the main board are in the way in the front and right side.

Bruh we need set up a drag race then, I'm rollin with R35 & Huracan..what's you're weapon of choice?

shandy706

You would have to be certifiably insane to believe that.

Bruh we need set up a drag race then, I'm rollin with R35 & Huracan..what's you're weapon of choice?

That's a 3 second 0-60 car, LOL. Neither my Corvette or Mustang would outrun it. A good friend has a Twin-Turbo Wide-Body Corvette that runs something like 3.4 0-60. I guess if you weren't the best at grinding gears it might have a chance X-D.

I wanna see the receipts.. lol.

greenegt

Planning on this as well. Do you think this option will be offered for preorders? Was there precedent with Xbox One S preorders?

Not sure, but I'm hoping so. I just plan to preorder where I can (Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop), then trade my OG in when it gets close to release date.

massucci

Banned
having Zen is not the general notion at all. it's pretty much 50/50 shot at this point
It's not even 50/50...but if they really did it, it's an automatic death for ps4 pro and an acceleration for the PS5 coming. Though it seems really hard to believe.

If anything, the 'general notion' here has been that it is more likely Jaguar based and it won't be Zen due to release timetables and the AMD CEO saying custom SoCs would be 2018, and that Scorpio won't be cheap ("premium console").

UE Realist

Neo Member
I think it's safe to expect nothing more than just hardware confirmations. I don't think we will even see how the console will actually look or what it will cost until later down the line.

It's not even 50/50...but if they really did it, it's an automatic death for ps4 pro and an acceleration for the PS5 coming. Though it seems really hard to believe.
Nah, the ps4 and pro will be fine. Even if Xbox closes the gap somewhat, I don't think it'll really change Sony's plans for whatever the ps5 will be and when it'll be.

If anything, the 'general notion' here has been that it is more likely Jaguar based and it won't be Zen due to release timetables and the AMD CEO saying custom SoCs would be 2018, and that Scorpio won't be cheap.

I honestly think the general notion of "Scorpio won't be cheap" is blown way out of proportion. That notion also seems to go hand-in-hand with the idea of Zen being included. Jaguar + $399 is my personal bet, but I won't pretend like I wouldn't be excited to see something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom