• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Scorpio reveal on Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific by Eurogamer/DF

Status
Not open for further replies.
obligatory

20131ajf5.jpg

20179rkhn.jpg

Pretty apt pic, the performance difference between Xbone and PS4 is probably close to the performance difference between the Pro and Scorpio, but reversed. In the real world... yeah, it's not going to be massive - 'a bit sharper'.

ironcreed

Banned
If the hardware is impressive then it will speak for itself. So naturally they would be positive towards it in that regard. It's as simple as that, but apparently any sort of positivity towards Microsoft is inconceivable to some folks. Which is sad, to say the least.

It's really bizarre if they don't show one new thing.

We've not seen Crackdown in 18 months, state of decay yet to get gameplay unveiling, and forza motorsport 7… turn10 run a great franchise and a game launches every year, they should be showing something new with it, and comparing it to the XB1/PC versions

expletive

Microsoft needs to give me a reason why I - as a gamer- should buy an Xbox Scorpio when I got a PC with a 1080 in it.

Just one. Name it. I used to be a huge xbox fan...until I got enough money to buy a decent pc

They don't care to convince you to buy a console. They want you to buy their software, use XBL, basically use their platform regardless of hardware.

The console is there for those people who prefer that.

WadeitOut

We've not seen Crackdown in 18 months, state of decay yet to get gameplay unveiling, and forza motorsport 7… turn10 run a great franchise and a game launches every year, they should be showing something new with it, and comparing it to the XB1/PC versions

This is catered to the hard core crowd. E3 isn't far enough away to not just wait for then for games.

TauntingZ

Neo Member
Just remember what Phil Spencer said (Quote):
"I call it a premium console because I want people to be clear that the customer we're building that for is the premium gaming customer," Spencer said. "The person who buys the majority of the games, the person who's playing the most games, spending the most hours, spending the most dollars. It's like our Elite controller. I call that a premium controller."
"I'm not trying to scare anybody on the price. We're going to come out on a price that we think is fair for the product that we build and the customers will tell us as they always do. I call it premium because I don't want people to get confused that somehow Scorpio is the thing that is going to take over the Xbox line."

It's not going to be small upgrade. They try to go for the real hardcore group who are willing to invest a lot of money on it.
Don't forget that the Elite controller is more then double the price of the normal controllers. With this in mind plus that DF will do the reveal, i think we can easily say it will have some high end specifications.

Oh and this:
Spencer added that he fully expects that Xbox One S, with its lower relative price point, will sell far better than Project Scorpio.

So, they don't expect the Scorpio to sell that much. They just try to make a high end premium console for gamers with a lot of money and see how it goes.

Belker

Lol

Ever consider that Microsoft knows their targeted audience and that audience has a large overlap with DF subscribers?

Not everything is propaganda. DF is the perfect place to do a spec review.

All of this is propaganda.

There would be have been serious discussions about how, when and to whom to reveal the machine and in turn how that information will be shared.

In this case DF is the outlet, but that's not for our benefit or theirs - it's because there's been a decision at MS that this is the best thing to do for the company.

Just because its being talked about from an outlet that people here (including me) trust, doesn't stop it being propaganda.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

Steve. They won't be showing games here. E3 is for that.

ironcreed

Banned
Not joking.

This is orchestrated propaganda by using DF's 'reputability'

Or perhaps they are confident in their specs and want to use Digital Foundry because they are great at technical analysis. Stop looking at everything through the console warrior goggles, friend.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Microsoft needs to give me a reason why I - as a gamer- should buy an Xbox Scorpio when I got a PC with a 1080 in it.

Just one. Name it. I used to be a huge xbox fan...until I got enough money to buy a decent pc

You're running Windows, you're already part of their ecosystem. congrats?

insonator

Banned
Or perhaps they are confident in their specs and want to use Digital Foundry because they are great at technical analysis. Stop looking at everything through the console warrior goggles, friend.

You'd better be confident with final specs if you're going to mass produce and ship this 6 months later, of course this is final spec.

This is still propaganda through a reputable site

Montresor

This Thursday is going to be epic.

1) Zen, 12GB GDDR5 RAM, all the CUs, all the RUs, water cooling system, $399, 6.5TF, internal power brick, slightly bigger than Xbox One S.

2) Xbox One S price reduced to $250 permanently

3) Microsoft announces the purchase of three new 1st parties

4) Microsoft announces the creation of three new in-house 1st parties

5) Turn10, Playground, 343, and The Coalition all announce that they are working on new IPs

6) Sunset Overdrive 2, Ryse 2, Quantum Break 2, Alan Wake 2 announced

Fingers crossed for the main event.

gogojira

Fucking weirdos in this thread, lol.

Can't wait for Thursday and I love how this is all being planned out. Get the hardware stuff out of the way so it's all about games at E3. Hopefully I can be convinced, otherwise I'll stick to my PS4 Pro for the big third party experiences.

Breakage

So Scorpio's supposedly aimed at the (wealthy) hardcore - the kind who care about Digital Foundry articles and specs - and that's why Scorpio's guts are the main focus.

Wouldn't this crowd that Microsoft are targeting already have a high-end PC?

WadeitOut

1) Zen, 12GB GDDR5 RAM, all the CUs, all the RUs, water cooling system, $399, 6.5TF, internal power brick, slightly bigger than Xbox One S.

5) Turn10, Playground, 343, and The Coalition all announce that they are working on new IPs

Don't forget the Twins sweeping the Royals.

So Scorpio's supposedly aimed at the (wealthy) hardcore - the kind who care about Digital Foundry articles and specs - and that's why Scorpio's guts is the main focus.

Wouldn't this crowd that Microsoft are targeting already have a high-end PC?

I have a high end PC and will also be getting the Scorpio. A lot of games I prefer playing on console on my 4k TV.

Oh man I can see a sad night ahead of you.

Streaks

You figure Scorpio has to probably launch with at least a 2TB drive. At least that's how I imagine it if they're going to market it as a premium device. An Xbox One S 2TB console is already $399. I can imagine Scropio being $399. My bet is $499 with the upgraded internals. A 1TB drive for 4K native textures would fill up ridiculously fast and there's nothing premium about that. Xbox One X 2TB - $499

Strootman

Sure

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

I mean, there's dreaming and there's DREAMING.

This is California Dreaming.

Steve. They won't be showing games here. E3 is for that.

I don't require more than one, but it's a pretty shitty way to show it if they don't. It's not like forza is a surprise to anyone, some big unknown, the announcements are sporadic and DF did already play it?

Should be there as a visual showcase, they can save whatever else they got for e3

Oh boy.

Son....

Crackdown 3 has been a "joke" for so long if they show off Scorpio on thursday and it blows minds that alone is a huge turnaround for xbox

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I don't require more than one, but it's a pretty shitty way to show it if they don't. It's not like forza is a surprise to anyone, some big unknown, the announcements are sporadic and DF did already play it?

Should be there as a visual showcase, they can save whatever else they got for e3

If we see games, it'll be already released games with their improvements being shown. That's it.

Halo 5, Gears 4, FH3. That's it. This is purely a tech thing. Not games.

Pass the joint

Kar L

Just remember what Phil Spencer said (Quote):
"I call it a premium console because I want people to be clear that the customer we're building that for is the premium gaming customer," Spencer said. "The person who buys the majority of the games, the person who's playing the most games, spending the most hours, spending the most dollars. It's like our Elite controller. I call that a premium controller."
"I'm not trying to scare anybody on the price. We're going to come out on a price that we think is fair for the product that we build and the customers will tell us as they always do. I call it premium because I don't want people to get confused that somehow Scorpio is the thing that is going to take over the Xbox line."

It's not going to be small upgrade. They try to go for the real hardcore group who are willing to invest a lot of money on it.
Don't forget that the Elite controller is more then double the price of the normal controllers. With this in mind plus that DF will do the reveal, i think we can easily say it will have some high end specifications.

Oh and this:
Spencer added that he fully expects that Xbox One S, with its lower relative price point, will sell far better than Project Scorpio.

So, they don't expect the Scorpio to sell that much. They just try to make a high end premium console for gamers with a lot of money and see how it goes.
The more that I take everything into consideration, I'm expecting a $499 or $599 price point. Based on MS comments as well as them getting Digital Foundry involved to make their case for them.

Brings back memories of "FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE US DOLLARS."

If we see games, it'll be already released games with their improvements being shown. That's it.

Halo 5, Gears 4, FH3. That's it. This is purely a tech thing. Not games.

We really don't know for sure what it is. We could see a trailer release and tech breakdown of Forza Motorsport 7 at the same time.

I mean, I get the hype, but what would be left for E3?

Compsiox

Banned

You're right! We're getting Crackdown news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom