• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Spring Sale April 11 - 17, 350+ sales across XB1, X360 and W10

brawly

These (Switzerland) prices suck ass, as usual. Doom for $44? You call that a sale? It was $20 on PSN like a month ago. Most of this is at least 1,5x as expensive as it is on PSN, sometimes even 2x.

And $8 for Fable 2? The fuck. Might buy Wolfenstein though.

Weird, I purchased Ori from my phone in bed last night, and when i turn on the console today, there's two versions of the game that had downloaded, the regular and definitive. Thanks?

Bit on GTA IV as well, I'm feeling like $9.99 is the lowest we'll see that game go for a while.

brawly

Weird, I purchased Ori from my phone in bed last night, and when i turn on the console today, there's two versions of the game that had downloaded, the regular and definitive. Thanks?

Bit on GTA IV as well, I'm feeling like $9.99 is the lowest we'll see that game go for a while.

IIRC the regular is free with the definitive. Play the definitve though.

Pjsprojects

So far gone for BO2 and Porsche pack for FM6. Will also pick up a couple of the cheap Lego games at £8 each.

Not a bad sale but expected TF2 to be cheaper tbh.

Lucifon

Is it worth buying fallout 4 for the Scorpio VR version?

No. All signs point to VR not being a thing on Scorpio in the near future. VR hasn't hit mainstream in the way some hoped and Microsoft are well aware of that hence the complete lack of mention of VR since the original reveal.

Is it worth buying fallout 4 for the Scorpio VR version?

I wouldn't.

We still haven't heard much about how the third party Windows 10 VR headsets are coming along and Fallout 4 will go on sale plenty of times between now and Scorpio release, hopefully we'll know more (anything?) about VR by then.

clav

Life is Strange was my game of the year for 2015, and £4 is an absolute steal. Unless you really get on with Geometry Wars 3, Life is Strange is likely to have it beat in terms of hours played, too. It's also very replayable - lots of collectables to miss, and branching paths makes the second playthrough quite different.

That said, I don't think you can go wrong with either. The first episode of Life is Strange is free (I think), give it a play - if you're interested in it, buy the rest.

Thanks for the advice.

Starts kinda slow. I guess it's more like one of those point and click adventures using third person with a gimmick. Kinda like watching a movie that you have to move a character around to proceed.

I'd rather watch a movie although I can see the appeal. Guitar music is the highlight so far.

SenkiDala

Some prices are good, some prices are not...

I hesitate to take Ori DE for 10€ and Dead Rising Triple Pack for 25€... Are those good prices?

For Ori I hesitate because I played the game on PC at a friend's home when it was release and I was a bit disappointed by the gameplay, wasn't precise enough, but I didn't play for long, so...

About DR Triple Pack, well I've finished DR1/2 on 360 (DR1 is one of my fav game ever), but never played Off the Record (everyone told me it was shitty but still I wanted to give it a try). The games just exists in digital in France (Europe?), so anyway I can't buy that retail or I need import the US version and it's not cheap at all...
Also I think it's better to take the DR series on Xbox since I dunno when/if DR3/4 will be released on PS4, also I've both the Case Zero and Case West games that are exclusives to Xbox, so I prefer have all of them on the same system.
But 25€ is not that cheap imo, so I hesitate... Damn!

Kanokare

What's the cheapest Gears Ultimate PC and 4 Ultimate PC has gone? Wondering if it's worth the price and with crossplay coming it's enticing.

Are there any pros or cons of the Windows 10 version of Minecraft?

Pros:
Runs better,
Very swift development,
Tablet mode,
Price
Cross-play with pocket edition
VR support built-in

Cons:
No mods (texture packs have been added, team seems to be working on more substantial things)
Limited server size,
Still a couple updates behind Java version (catching up rapidly)
No cross-play with Java version

Also worth noting, no cross-play with Xbox (yet). I think it's something they want, but I've not been following so closely recently.

kamakazi5

Pros:
Runs better,
Very swift development,
Tablet mode,
Price
Cross-play with pocket edition
VR support built-in

Cons:
No mods (texture packs have been added, team seems to be working on more substantial things)
Limited server size,
Still a couple updates behind Java version (catching up rapidly)
No cross-play with Java version

Also worth noting, no cross-play with Xbox (yet). I think it's something they want, but I've not been following so closely recently.

Thanks.

tim1138

Did they ever sort out ultimate alliance issues with co-op and DLC? Cheapest I've seen it.

Also, didn't Bioshock have some issues?

Played some local co-op of MUA1 earlier tonight. Both profiles were able to sign in and get achievements and the DLC characters were there.

M.W.

Hmmm...the only two games I'm interested in are Diablo 3, which I have played on PS4 but not for a couple of years...

The other is Quantum Break. Is it worth playing for that price?

tootie923

Shoot, Quantum Conundrum isn't backwards compatible and that's a good price. I don't really want to drag the old 360 out. Maybe I'll just get it anyway and hope it becomes available.

The other is Quantum Break. Is it worth playing for that price?

$24 is a pretty good price. It has some replay value due to the different choices you can make.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I just bought alot of games from this sale. Some I already have on PS4.

And I dont think I'm done, lol.

Some reasons for my situation right now and some reasons for possibly getting the Scorpio.

I just bought QB and Recore from Amazon and Gamestop. Right after missing the recent digital deal on XBO.

I came out cheaper with the discs. And I think the recent deal was a lil better, cant remember right now. Still, good prices for alot of these games.

Monocle

Is it my imagination, or was Destiny: The Collection $30 for one day before jumping up to $38.99?

I was going to bite the bullet and pick it up in order to play with my friends, but $30 is my absolute limit. I really hate how Bungie stripped down the vanilla game only to charge premium prices for each expansion.

clav

I finished the first episode of Life is Strange.

Why do I sense
Bioshock Infinite's message in this game with the use of a person, a lighthouse, and a city?
There is a lot to take away with the game's revolving gimmick.

rainz

I finished the first episode of Life is Strange.

Why do I sense
Bioshock Infinite's message in this game with the use of a person, a lighthouse, and a city?
There is a lot to take away with the game's revolving gimmick.

You might be on to something? Im not sure actually but keep going it gets way way better and only picks up after the 1st act. So good.

jamwater

Banned
Should I pick up sunset overdrive and the dlc? Been really interested in this game.

Yes its fantastic. i still play it regular. it scratches for me a unique itch.

I just discovered a new way to link my movement chain, and another way to expand my movement options in the moment to moment. Both these came after tallying up more than a days play. Theres a handfull of weapons i havent even tried yet.

Once i got a hang on the controls the experience for me became in rare moments meditative. When i play im usually chasing that experience, but if its proving hard to catch there is always another thing in the game to do or occupy.

I have a couple minor gipes, but the game is good enough for me to let those go.

Once i got a hang on the controls the experience for me became in rare moments meditative. When i play im usually chasing that experience, but if its proving hard to catch there is always another thing in the game to do or occupy.

This is me as well, countless times I'll play it and not even advance the story or do side missions. I'll just boot it up and go grind and shit, once you get the traversal system down it's like you're in a Zen state just grinding, wall riding, gliding on water through the city.

Gowans

PaulLFC

Is the UK pricing for Sunset Overdrive a joke? A whopping £1.40 off a £16 season pass? 10% off individual DLC? Thanks Microsoft.

Top Bottom