• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Spring Sale April 11 - 17, 350+ sales across XB1, X360 and W10

mcrommert

Banned
Pros:
Runs better,
Very swift development,
Tablet mode,
Price
Cross-play with pocket edition
VR support built-in

Cons:
No mods (texture packs have been added, team seems to be working on more substantial things)
Limited server size,
Still a couple updates behind Java version (catching up rapidly)
No cross-play with Java version

Also worth noting, no cross-play with Xbox (yet). I think it's something they want, but I've not been following so closely recently.

Only top. Of that they are adding that marketplace for pocket versions soon... Will allow mods and whatnot

Is Infinite Warfare worth it at $38? Mainly asking for the campaign.

Amazon is selling it brand new on disc for just $23 right now. Even Cheaper used.

Edit: I don't know if it needs to be said, but if you buy used from Amazon, never buy from someone who's account says "Just Launched". It is almost always a scam.

Rebuying Fable 2. Lost my old copy years ago and I've been really wanting to play it recently.

Might buy some other games. Depends on what's on sale. I'll look at the full list when I have more time.

hollomat

Banned
You should add that Batman The Telltale Series season pass is on sale for $10 for Xbox one. I was originally disappointed when I saw the OP only listed it as on sale for Xbox 360, but I checked online and it's on sale for Xbox One too.

Bit of a weird question/situation...

I have Diablo 3 for PS4 but it basically became ruined when I unknowingly joined a game with hackers and suddenly my paragon level is like 2,000. The game is ruined for me now because I don't feel like I have anything to work towards. So it's really shitty that that can happen without me even doing anything.

So two questions:

1. How does the XBone version compare to the PS4 version? I assume they run pretty much the same.
  2. Can this same paragon hacking thing happen on XBone as easily as it did on PS4?

ieatzombies

Absofuckinglutely you should

Hell yes, wonderful game.

Yes its fantastic. i still play it regular. it scratches for me a unique itch.

I just discovered a new way to link my movement chain, and another way to expand my movement options in the moment to moment. Both these came after tallying up more than a days play. Theres a handfull of weapons i havent even tried yet.

Once i got a hang on the controls the experience for me became in rare moments meditative. When i play im usually chasing that experience, but if its proving hard to catch there is always another thing in the game to do or occupy.

I have a couple minor gipes, but the game is good enough for me to let those go.

Yes! Buy it

Looks like I'll pick it up. Is the DLC worth it? Thanks for the replies!

My sister got me a gif card recently to get a new game. I was hoping The Inside and Limbo would be included but they weren't. Bought em anyway. Really enjoying Inside so far.
Looks like I'll pick it up. Is the DLC worth it? Thanks for the replies!
I actually just finished this game a couple of days ago. I had a blast.

Novocaine

I have Diablo 3 for PS4 but it basically became ruined when I unknowingly joined a game with hackers and suddenly my paragon level is like 2,000. The game is ruined for me now because I don't feel like I have anything to work towards. So it's really shitty that that can happen without me even doing anything.

So two questions:

1. How does the XBone version compare to the PS4 version? I assume they run pretty much the same.
  2. Can this same paragon hacking thing happen on XBone as easily as it did on PS4?

I've played on both versions and there really isn't much difference between the two, at least that I noticed. I haven't seen any kind of cheating but that's anecdotal i know.

So two questions:

I've played on both versions and there really isn't much difference between the two, at least that I noticed. I haven't seen any kind of cheating but that's anecdotal i know.

I would add that Diablo 3 now has seasons on Xbox One / PS4. As these are online-only modes, there aren't any hacked weapons there. Regular online is still a mess.

bill0527

I WANT to think I want to buy Astroneer.

I downloaded the early access several months ago and have tried to start it twice but I have no idea what I'm doing and there is no tutorial.

I just keep digging myself into big holes in the ground, can't get out and then run out of air.

KDC720

Got Shadow Warrior but otherwise I don't see anything else I'm interested in on Xbox One beyond the Batman Telltale pass. That and either Halo Wars 2 or Yooka-Laylee.

360 has better stuff imo, thinking of grabbing AC: Rogue and Crackdown 2

Got ReCore and now I'm​ willing to spend on one of these:
- Shadow Warrior
- Wolfenstein The New Order
- Wolfenstein The New Blood
- Ori and The Blind Forest (this game reminds me Ubisoft's Outland. Makes sense? For the good or for the bad?)

Help me Gaf!

theBmZ

I picked up Forza Horizon 3, Watch Dogs 2, Quantum Break, Recore, both Wolfenstein games, and Call of Duty 2 for $138. I'm pretty excited to get into all of them.

- Shadow Warrior
- Ori and The Blind Forest (this game reminds me Ubisoft's Outland. Makes sense? For the good or for the bad?)

Help me Gaf!

Ori and the Blind Forest, for sure.

Picked up Witcher 3 Complete, played it almost to the end on PC but wanna try it on Scorpio when that comes out. Maybe get near the end so I can try the expansions!

Picked up Witcher 3 Complete, played it almost to the end on PC but wanna try it on Scorpio when that comes out. Maybe get near the end so I can try the expansions!
I'm also planning to replay it on Scorpio when the time comes. I hope the difference will be noticeable with or without patching.

Chris1

- Shadow Warrior

Help me Gaf!

Ori. Haven't played Outland but Ori is fantastic. You also get the regular edition with it, so you can double down on GS if that's your thing.

I WANT to think I want to buy Astroneer.

I downloaded the early access several months ago and have tried to start it twice but I have no idea what I'm doing and there is no tutorial.

I just keep digging myself into big holes in the ground, can't get out and then run out of air.

Have a look around your starting area, there should be resin and compound. That's all you need to get started on your base, figuring out the rest is the fun of the game.

Everyone buy Astroneer.

- Shadow Warrior

Help me Gaf!

Ori is amazing.

Play Recore on PC if you have a half decent rig, loading times were pretty annoying on Xbox last time I played it.

MarveI

Guys is it possible to buy say a gift card and redeem it on X1 and buy the BC 360 games ? Plan on buying some games for my nephews and nieces tomorrow.

Guys is it possible to buy say a gift card and redeem it on X1 and buy the BC 360 games ? Plan on buying some games for my nephews and nieces tomorrow.

I think the BC games need credit card info, because they're still sold via the 360 storefront.

It's really annoying because it's stopping me from buying Catherine which is the only thing I'm interested in in this sale.

MarveI

I think the BC games need credit card info, because they're still sold via the 360 storefront.

It's really annoying because it's stopping me from buying Catherine which is the only thing I'm interested in in this sale.

Thanks. I was hoping they'd have fixed it in the last couple of months.

What's the cheapest Gears Ultimate PC and 4 Ultimate PC has gone? Wondering if it's worth the price and with crossplay coming it's enticing.

For Gears Ultimate PC (Windows 10), this matches the cheapest it has been. It was $15 over Christmas and I missed it then. Not this time; first thing I picked up.

For Gears 4 Ultimate PC and being DIGITAL, I believe this is the first time it has been on sale. PHYSICAL XB1 has been as low as $20 over the holidays, but PHYSICAL XB1 is NOT Play Anywhere.

Thanks. I was hoping they'd have fixed it in the last couple of months.

Nah, still part of the FAQ:

https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-backward-compatibility/

If you can get to a 360 to sign in and buy, you can use your credit. Otherwise, nope.

Should I get the two Wolfenstein games or the two Metro games?

Depends; if you want a solid FPS with little management other than ammo and health and harkens back to the "glory days", go for Wolfenstein.

If you want a little more management to your FPS, such as using bullets for money and watching your gas mask filter, with a dash of a more seriousness to it, then Metro.

Both stories are actually pretty good, with Wolfenstein having a story better than expected given the nature of its lead character, and The Old Blood is a fun WWII supernatural romp.

Metro is based on the series of post-apocalyptic books (Metro 2033, Metro 2034, Metro 2035).

another Witcher 3 question... i have 2 on the 360 but did not finish it. is it a must to know what's going on?
also, how does it perform on Xbox One? (I also have a PS4) is it worth grabbing for future Scorpio playing?
i will definitely give it a whirl now though

Ion Guru

another Witcher 3 question... i have 2 on the 360 but did not finish it. is it a must to know what's going on?
also, how does it perform on Xbox One? (I also have a PS4) is it worth grabbing for future Scorpio playing?

Nah it's not totally necessary. There are a lot of recurring characters, but I didn't play the Witcher 2 until after I finished the Witcher 3 and I managed just fine. The best part of the game is the writing (and voice acting) in the excellent side stories and DLC.

Was really hoping Forza Horizon 3 would be $30 but bit the bullet and bought it anyway yesterday. Glad I did, really like it after just 1/2 hr!

It's not necessary. But, if you already have Witcher 2, I would play it before you start Witcher 3. It performs well on Xbox One, and graphically it still holds up really well. Definitely play it.

blakep267

How is BO2 these days. I'm interested in getting back to some old school COD mainly for Team deathmatch. So I checked out some twitch streams and like 80% of them were just "watch me and my sniper skills" and they were just doing nothing but quick scoping. Is that like super prevalent?

Top Bottom