• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Spring Sale April 11 - 17, 350+ sales across XB1, X360 and W10

Think it's time to get Quantum Break. I've been interested in the game but the somewhat mixed reception has made me wait for a sale. $24 seems more than worth it.

theWB27

Think it's time to get Quantum Break. I've been interested in the game but the somewhat mixed reception has made me wait for a sale. $24 seems more than worth it.

I wanted to like this so much, but I was just relieved to finish it once I did. Didn't care for the gunplay at all. I can see how one would though.

I don't see it listed but Telltale's Batman episodes 2-5 is 50% off. It sucks if you never downloaded the first episode when it was free but for those that did, this is a great deal for what may be TT's best game, which is saying something. It's also just a great Batman story.

Everdred

I finally played it 2 weeks ago and I was sad I didn't play earlier. One of my favorite titles on Xbox One.

Detective

Just finished Cathrine, bought it yesterday, what a great game.

I wished there was more Adventures stuff and less escape, more Things to do.

And more nudity of course :p

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

I really, really liked the story. The criticisms about aspects of gameplay are legitimate though.

clav

I did a trial for Astroneer, and I found it quite beautiful with the use of simple textures although there is a ton of pop in on the Xbox version, which was quite annoying especially when you have to go back and forth with such a short time frame for oxygen.

I wonder if the PC version is any better.

clav

Performance is about the same on PC for Astroneer.

A lot of texture pop in. Dropped frames.

I probably need a slightly more powerful graphics card than HD 7850.

Hm.

BusterJol

Vermintide is so fun.

Playing it now makes me wish I purchased it sooner. It's janky but it's way cool Melee Focused Left 4 Dead and it's great. So buy it.

Two bits of advice:

1) Don't treat it like a cover shooter. Make full use of your powers in combat and experiment with ways to chain them.

2) Try and look around for the story collectibles. They really do add a lot to your understanding of the story and the characters, especially the people in the live action episodes.

I did a trial for Astroneer, and I found it quite beautiful with the use of simple textures although there is a ton of pop in on the Xbox version, which was quite annoying especially when you have to go back and forth with such a short time frame for oxygen.

I wonder if the PC version is any better.

If you have a decent PC it's noticeably better although there is still a little bit of pop in

Oynox

Weak sale imo. Most games saw better prices in the past. Going to pick up Battle World Kronos and Shadow Warrior since those prices are quite low. But besides that its not that tempting.

clav

Picked up Geometry Wars 3.

A blast for the price of Geometry Wars 1 although seems like the leaderboards are quite shallow.

Was hesitant because I did not like Geometry Wars for Wii/DS, but it looks like some former members of Bizarre Creations were more involved in this game.

I'm disappointed in this sale as well. I was super hyped for it. I was hoping for more recent indie games. I'm kinda considering ABZU and Candleman, but me waiting until the sale is nearly over says something about my interest in them at their sale prices (ABZU on other platforms goes on sale below $10 often).

I thought I was in on ClusterTruck, but the trial actually unsold me - seems quality, and conceptually it's appealing, but I'm in the mood for a relaxing platformer that just lets me space out between AAA games right now. Also, I've been interested in Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, but the first game on 360 is in my backlog and I'm waiting to complete that first if/when it goes BC - SE/MS could make the sale off of me like that.

These are very recent releases, but I'm looking forward to The Sexy Brutale, Blackwood Crossing, Thimbleweed Park, Snake Pass, Kona and the like going on sale on Xbox in the future. And then something slightly older like Stardew Valley feels due for a good sale.

So, I grabbed Xbox live Gold to take advantage of some of the discounts and when I go to buy the Xbox 360 games either on my phone or Xbox One they always display as full price before I pay, any way around this?

Chrisdk

Picked up Dishonored 2 and Fallout 4. Just finished my backlog of games, so really happy to pick up some new ones in the sale. Good timing.

Noobcraft

I'm​ on the fence about Black Ops II. I loved it with my friends, but I don't think my friends are going to go back to it at this point.

Detective

You may as well wait for the sequel at this point.

It's on September right?

I played Destiny before the expansion hit, and have been playing only Halo 5 since it's launched, Now am looking for something else since It's pretty much dead.

Anything new PVE wise with these expansion?

Need some help choosing a game. I just played through Inside and Limbo recently. Thought Inside was fantastic. Also just finished up Sunset Overdrive, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Unravel in the past few months as well. All great games.

I'm looking for something to play that's $30 or less. Really considering Rare Replay to try Banjo Kazooie. Have heard so much about it and never played it. Or I might do the first Bioshock - another game that I never played but always wanted to try.

Recommendations or thoughts?

Isurus

Why is the Fallout 4 Digital Delux version more than Fallout 4 + Season Pass. It looks as if the content is the same. Am I missing something?

Need some help choosing a game. I just played through Inside and Limbo recently. Thought Inside was fantastic. Also just finished up Sunset Overdrive, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Unravel in the past few months as well. All great games.

I'm looking for something to play that's $30 or less. Really considering Rare Replay to try Banjo Kazooie. Have heard so much about it and never played it. Or I might do the first Bioshock - another game that I never played but always wanted to try.

Recommendations or thoughts?

Bioshock was a fantastic game but I haven't played it in forever so can't tell you how well it holds up.

Rare Replay is insane value and if you haven't played the likes of Blast Corps, Viva Pinata, Banjo Kazooie, not to mention some classic NES games. It's almost worth getting just as a collection of gaming history tbh

Tenshin

Got FH3 dlc's glad they put it on sale specially the expansion pass.. And sunset overdrive deluxe cant pass on that price .

Bioshock was a fantastic game but I haven't played it in forever so can't tell you how well it holds up.

Rare Replay is insane value and if you haven't played the likes of Blast Corps, Viva Pinata, Banjo Kazooie, not to mention some classic NES games. It's almost worth getting just as a collection of gaming history tbh
Yeah that is kind of what i'm leaning toward. Thanks!

Is any of the content in Sunset Overdrive Deluxe worth the extra few bucks? I have SO physical but thinking of double-dipping to "unlock" the game digitally so I can play whenever without the disc.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Is any of the content in Sunset Overdrive Deluxe worth the extra few bucks? I have SO physical but thinking of double-dipping to "unlock" the game digitally so I can play whenever without the disc.

if you enjoy sunset overdrive, can't go wrong with the season pass, it's just more of the same great writing and gameplay.

Warablo

Guys, any thoughts about my question above? About Destiny please :)
I would wait for Destiny 2. I never played Destiny 1, but the beta/alphas were pretty good. No point in jumping into a grindy MMO with Destiny 1 with Destiny 2 right around the corner.

MechDX

It's on September right?

I played Destiny before the expansion hit, and have been playing only Halo 5 since it's launched, Now am looking for something else since It's pretty much dead.

Anything new PVE wise with these expansion?

At the price it is I would get it. You have lots of hours of single player with loads of content from both expansions and the community is still pretty strong.

Man, there's a real lack of digital only games on that list.

Ori and Blind Forest looks like a great buy for those who don't have it, at least.

Detective

I would wait for Destiny 2. I never played Destiny 1, but the beta/alphas were pretty good. No point in jumping into a grindy MMO with Destiny 1 with Destiny 2 right around the corner.

At the price it is I would get it. You have lots of hours of single player with loads of content from both expansions and the community is still pretty strong.

Appreciate your feedbacks guys :)

Top Bottom