• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Ultimate Game Sale (Begins July 7th)

Is D3 on console any good? I enjoyed my time with the PC version, would like to jump back in on something that can actually run it well.

Wasp

You can zoom in and out. Pause the game then use the triggers to zoom in and out.
Thanks, I just discovered this by searching on Google.

I took some more screenshots in fully zoomed in mode for comparison.

tue_jul_7_20-38-00_uthfyeb.png

screenshot-originalckuvp.png

That's a lot better.

Is D3 on console any good? I enjoyed my time with the PC version, would like to jump back in on something that can actually run it well.

Yes. D3 on the consoles is amazing. Blizzard did a great job.

Obviously, there's some limitations, like no seasons and hardcore mode ain't as hardcore, but I prefer console version for the most part.

EvB

Anyone played the Lego batman that's on sale? Thinking of purchasing it for my kids.

It's a Lego game, they are always really charming and well presented. I actually really like the cheeky humor of the game. Batman is always raining on Robin's parade, taking all the credit and generally holding him back from success.

Flux

Anyone have suggestions for a 5 GBP that I have on an alternate account? I haven't bought anything from it in awhile and don't remember if there is tax or VAT? If not anyone know where I can buy small increments online?

I do already own the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games.

So far I purchased Lego Batman 3, Far Cry 4, and Geometry Wars. I started playing lego batman and am really wishing now that I had a second controller so I could play coop with my nephew. I have a lot of xbox live credit that I wish I could use at the windows store, it doesn't make sense to me why microsoft keeps the windows store and xbl marketplace separate.

Syriel

So far I purchased Lego Batman 3, Far Cry 4, and Geometry Wars. I started playing lego batman and am really wishing now that I had a second controller so I could play coop with my nephew. I have a lot of xbox live credit that I wish I could use at the windows store, it doesn't make sense to me why microsoft keeps the windows store and xbl marketplace separate.

What are you talking about.

XBLM, Xbox Music, Xbox Video and Windows Marketplace all share the same currency. They're not separate in that regard.

What are you talking about.

XBLM, Xbox Music, Xbox Video and Windows Marketplace all share the same currency. They're not separate in that regard.

Can I use the same xbox gift card currency I use for digital game purchases to purchase a controller from the online microsoft / windows store?

Wasp

Anyone have suggestions for a 5 GBP that I have on an alternate account? I haven't bought anything from it in awhile and don't remember if there is tax or VAT? If not anyone know where I can buy small increments online?

I do already own the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games.
VAT is always included in the price in the UK, so the price stated is the final price you pay.

As for buying increments online CDKeys is the best place, you can even use PayPal. They're currently selling £5 points for £4.79.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/gift-cards-points

Can I use the same xbox gift card currency I use for digital game purchases to purchase a controller from the online microsoft / windows store?

Ahh. Microsoft Store (the one that sells physical items and has a retail store presence) is separate from everything else. Windows Store is for digital items on PC, which does let you use the same credit as on Xbox One/Xbox 360/Xbox Music/Video/etc.

I'm guessing the idea is digital currency for digital items

Ahh. Microsoft Store (the one that sells physical items and has a retail store presence) is separate from everything else. Windows Store is for digital items on PC, which does let you use the same credit as on Xbox One/Xbox 360/Xbox Music/Video/etc.

I'm guessing the idea is digital currency for digital items

Yeah, I guess it makes sense but it sucks.

Hey you guys sound like you know what you're talking about, do you know if there's any way I can use the money in my Microsoft account to buy a Live Gold subscription? I mean, I know there has to be, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Thanks!

Bessy67

Hey you guys sound like you know what you're talking about, do you know if there's any way I can use the money in my Microsoft account to buy a Live Gold subscription? I mean, I know there has to be, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Thanks!
As far as I know you can't use Xbox credit to buy gold.

Kadin

Well my first paycheck from the new job just arrived at the perfect time. Now to buy Tales From the Borderlands, Terraria and FC4. Good times ahead.

edit: Oh yeah, and of course Ori.

Warablo

Nothing really for me from this sale. I bought Crysis 3 to complete the Crysis collection and hopefully BC..

oo7

Killer Instinct complete is a steal at $32. Finally I get the original and Killer Instinct 2 :D.

5 bucks for that Ass Creed China is a great value too. It's like Assassin's Creed meets the original Prince of Persia.

It's a great game, I actually platinumed it on ps4, that and farcry 4 were great fun playing through entirely with a friend.

Thanks Just bought the standard edition. Don't care too much about the dlc.

So far I picked up Game of thrones, Tales from Borderlands, and dying light.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Hmmmm.....Do I buy Dragon Age and Dragon Age 2 on 360 in hopes that they become backwards compatible? I have them on disk, but it would be much more convenient to have all my BC 360 games digital. Also, since Injustice and MK (2011) was announced to be BC by Ed Boon, I think I'll be picking them up. Also, the Fable trilogy may also be something I should probably buy if it becomes BC.

AlexBasch

I might get an Xbox One later down the road this year, but Watch_Dogs 360 is pretty cheap around here.

Are there too many differences? Is it more of a GTA 5 cross gen thing than the awfulness of Dragon Age Inquisition?

CRA5H

Just gotta say.. I never realized how much I missed KI. It's been a while since the Gold days.

Also, Ori has to be one of the most beautifully made games out there on the market. I'm not gonna rush this one :)

Coldsun

Banned
Definitely considering picking up KillerInstinct Seasons1+2, even though I don't have an XB1. It's crossbuy.... but do we have any guesses on when the win10 version will be out?

Definitely considering picking up KillerInstinct Seasons1+2, even though I don't have an XB1. It's crossbuy.... but do we have any guesses on when the win10 version will be out?

All they've said is a generic "2016" date so it's hard to say at what point in the year it will release.

Camjo-Z

Finally, Sleeping Dogs DE at a price I can stomach. Time to sing more karaoke and eat pork buns to become a whole man.

This year's sale has been great

Got myself Mass Effect, GTA SA, Orange Box, and finally got KI S2 Ultra and I still have $30 left for Rare Replay lol

I need a 2 TB asap....

Top Bottom