• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Ultimate Game Sale (Begins July 7th)

Lima

So, I have $4.67 in my Microsoft account, and I want to buy Injustice, which is $4.99 with gold. There doesn't seem to be any way to split the cost between my Microsoft account and Paypal or a credit card. What do I do?

Proceed to payment with PayPal or cc and after pressing buy it will ask you if you want to use your microsoft account balance and pay the rest with the selected payment method.

Chris1

Proceed to payment with PayPal or cc and after pressing buy it will ask you if you want to use your microsoft account balance and pay the rest with the selected payment method.

If you are buying from the website I don't think you can do that. It's CC/Paypal or bust.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Just a suggestion, if you make a thread for such sales, please keep updating the OP. Or don't bother making one, Whats the point of this thread? took me few min to find the list.

If you are buying from the website I don't think you can do that. It's CC/Paypal or bust.

I paid for Ori this morning using xbox.com, partially using my remaining MS account funds and then paying the remaining balance with my CC. I do have my credit card on file with my Microsoft account, though, so maybe that's a requirement in order for the split payment method to work.

Chris1

I paid for Ori this morning using xbox.com, partially using my remaining MS account funds and then paying the remaining balance with my CC. I do have my credit card on file with my Microsoft account, though, so maybe that's a requirement in order for the split payment method to work.

You can use microsoft/xbox credit for XB1 games but not for 360 I think, so splitting payments for Ori would work but Injustice wouldn't.

I tried to do a split payment from the console a week or so ago and couldn't with Paypal. It would only work with a CC. I chose account balance, then it prompted me to select a CC for the rest. It did not have Paypal as an option for paying the rest. I ended up transferring the Paypal balance to my bank and using my debit card.

Fox Mulder

Injustice bought, hopefully this will be Backcompat.

i've bought Burnout paradise, mirrors edge, gta 4, mass effect, and the orange box all recently on sale for $21 combined. Stuff I wouldn't have bothered to buy again without BC, but are great deals. I don't even know if they're going to cross over for sure.

W.S.

I could only afford two games but I'm stuck between these:

1) Dying Light (Standard edition) or Far Cry 4 (Gold Edition)?

2) Outlast: Bundle of Terror or Tales From the Borderlands Season 1?

Help!

I could only afford two games but I'm stuck between these:

1) Dying Light (Standard edition) or Far Cry 4 (Gold Edition)?

2) Outlast: Bundle of Terror or Tales From the Borderlands Season 1?

Help!

1) Either is a really good choice, but I'll toss a coin and go with Far Cry

2) Assuming you like horror, Outlast. Borderlands isn't complete yet, and it's guaranteed to be discounted the same amount or more again by the end of the year.

W.S.

1) Either is a really good choice, but I'll toss a coin and go with Far Cry

2) Assuming you like horror, Outlast. Borderlands isn't complete yet, and it's guaranteed to be discounted the same amount or more again by the end of the year.

I like horror games too, you have a point about the Tales not being complete though.

Kind of a tough one there.

MechDX

Anyone else buy Fable Trilogy and have issues with fable Anniversary installing? You just get the "app" and download the 3 games from there. Part 2 & 3 download fine but FA says it can not download.

theDeeDubs

Doubled-dipped on digital versions of Mass Effect, Dead Rising 2, and the Assassin's Creed games. Was hoping Rogue would've been on sale too. Hopefully these all make BC.

Was fun to try BC out finally with Mass Effect, although it just makes me want to play 2. Forgot how bad the combat in 1 was.

Advertised as being an 'Ultimate Game Sale' – the previous ones have had daily deals.

Some have, some have not. It's usually only the end of year "Countdown" sales that have daily deals on XBL.

Well, other than being called, you know, "Ultimate".

Ultimate =/= daily.

The point is, there was never any indication that there would be new daily deals with this sale. In fact it was pretty clear from the very large original week-long list that there wouldn't be. Not to mention that if there were going to be daily deals, they would have advertised it as "new deals coming every day!" or something similar.

Cindro

Just got shadow of mordor & legend of korra :D
i wish zombie army trilogy was on sale :(
Those are the two that I purchased! Both are good yet flawed, but still immensely enjoyable.

And both are way harder than I was expecting. I'm an Arkham veteran, and even with the combat in Mordor being a 1:1 copy of Arkham's system (at least until you unlock more abilities), I'm getting constantly massacred by swarms of orcs early in the game. Still awesome though.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
Those are the two that I purchased! Both are good yet flawed, but still immensely enjoyable.

And both are way harder than I was expecting. I'm an Arkham veteran, and even with the combat in Mordor being a 1:1 copy of Arkham's system (at least until you unlock more abilities), I'm getting constantly massacred by swarms of orcs early in the game. Still awesome though.

ohhh snap, i'm in for a good battle then :D yeah, i can't wait to play Mordor played korra first. glad its the weekend i can enjoy both games :D

Me too :/

Is Korra worth $7?

I actually enjoy it, it's worth the $7 love the combat system and the arena game mode is amazing :D

.J.

Banned
How do you guys feel about the Borderlands Handsome Collection? I liked BL2 well enough on Vita, but the system limitations made it too much of a pain to play, so I bailed out without completing it (and also never got to co-op due to nobody else having the game).

Is this version stable and smooth enough to warrant a double dip?

Montresor

can anyone recommend AC: China, White Night or Slender?

White Night is an _incredible_ game. It has a beautiful, shiny, black/white art style (see the pictures on the store front for yourself to see if you think they're appealing). In motion the game looks beautiful thanks to the lighting engine.

The game is like a mix between a Telltale point-and-clicker and a survival horror. There are definitely survival horror elements - the game is dark and dreary, there are ghosts, there's a huge darkness/shadow element and you're always striking matches for light sources and keeping track of your inventory of matches. If you run out of matches then you will be screwed.

BUT... the game is really soft, so although there's that slight chance of running out of matches, the game gives you more than enough to get by, and if you were doing a second playthrough to get all the collectibles, know that every time you die, any collectibles you have get saved - so you could technically waste some matches searching for a collectible, die, and respawn with your original matches and the collectible still saved.

Some of you are saying Far Cry over Dying light. Do you think far cry is better? Because I didn't really like it and I'm trying to choose between Dying light and State of Decay. :/

So far I've gotten the orange box. I want to get Mass effect 1, 2 and 3 but the option to purchase isn't showing up for me on the Xbox.com store but the option to download the demo is? I really don't want to plug my 360 back in.

Top Bottom