• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Ultimate Game Sale (Begins July 7th)

Of course Ori goes on sale just after I buy it. Whatever, they deserve all that money.

This guy. This guy gets it!!

50% off Ori for Gold members? I'm in

QFT. If you don't already own Ori and you don't buy it at this price point, you should just throw your Xbox One in the garbage right now.

Damn you Ori. You are a great game. Should have bought you when you were still 20 bucks. The devs deserve it.

I TRIED to tell folks this.

Well I got Ori, I only had to pay sales tax for it so I guess I'll see what the hypes about... when I can actually DL it.

It's not hype. It's factual information. Got-tier game.

Got Korra, ORI, and KI Complete. Good stuff.

Buying Ori and AC3 (anticipating BC)

Dang, probably in for ori as well as goat simulator.

Buying Ori and AC3 (anticipating BC)

Play Ori first.

Also, Ori has to be one of the most beautifully made games out there on the market. I'm not gonna rush this one :)

Savor it like the modern classic that it is. Good man!

Ori on sale? I'll take one! =)

Shame on you for waiting for a sale. :)

1. Ori and the Blind Forest (don't care for the current sale price but I do like action platformers and I've been told that if you backed the Bloodstained Kickstarter you'll probably like it)

Don't care for the price?! It's probably the best $$ you'll ever have spent on gaming.

Overall, I think this is kind of a weak sale. I can see myself buying some 360 games in hopes they become backwards compatible, but that is pretty much it. Most of the big discounted games (diablo and borderlands) I already have on PS4 and I swore to never double dip once I got my Xbox.

Getting Ori at a discount off makes this entire sale worthwhile.

Pretty excited to finally play Ori (backlog was holding me back). I heard there were a few issues at launch, have most of these been resolved now?

Yes, issues are largely resolved. Do yourself a favor and put the backlog back on backlog status and bump Ori to the front of the line.

I just bought ori last night for 20 bucks

Are you kidding me right now. Could I email their support our something when it goes up and get a discount? :(

Worst case scenario you don't get the partial refund and you're out $20 for a game that is easily worth far more than $20.

Ori ? Nice, I haven't bought it yet, but it's been on my list since it launched. Although I was fine with the idea of paying 20€ for it.

Nice, waiting for Ori has paid off :]

Personally I'm glad I didn't wait months to save a few bucks and miss out on playing it sooner, but glad you're finally joining the fold. :)

Ori it is then. Like I need more games... yeesh...

Put it at the top of that list.

If the price is right, I'll grab Ori for sure.

The price is wrong. Because any discounted price is wrong considering the game should've cost at least double what it did at launch based on quality. But I hope you pick it up regardless.

Ori will be mine.

You will be Ori's. It will own you. :)

Might bite on Ori.
Looking for sales to spend my credit by the end of the year.

Will grab Ori.

Will double dip for Ori

I think I may finally take the jump and grab Ori with a discount :p

Everyone buy Ori, especially now that it's on sale. Game is beautiful, but I think the challenge is great and has alot of areas that feel like it's a mix of Super Meta Boy with Metoridvania!

Nice, time to get Ori.

I had to buy Ori last week cuz all my credit is expiring. This deal is a week after majority of the credit from that promotion last year expires.

Do it. DO it. DO EEEEEEEEET!

QFT. If you don't already own Ori and you don't buy it at this price point, you should just throw your Xbox One in the garbage right now.

Play Ori first.

Don't care for the price?! It's probably the best $$ you'll ever have spent on gaming.

Yes, issues are largely resolved. Do yourself a favor and put the backlog back on backlog status and bump Ori to the front of the line.

Worst case scenario you don't get the partial refund and you're out $20 for a game that is easily worth far more than $20.

Personally I'm glad I didn't wait months to save a few bucks and miss out on playing it sooner, but glad you're finally joining the fold. :)

The price is wrong. Because any discounted price is wrong considering the game should've cost at least double what it did at launch based on quality. But I hope you pick it up regardless.

Hey, I was considering Ori. Would you recommend it by any chance?

Naked Lunch

Bought Ori and after tonight's play session I feel bad waiting for a price drop for this beautiful game. Games on this level dont come out often.

Bought Ori and after tonight's play session I feel bad waiting for a price drop for this beautiful game. Games on this level dont come out often.

I tried so hard to hammer this home to people.

We've all become a bit jaded as gamers. I too am guilty of waiting for a sale for games that seem promising, because 'what if it isn't that good'. I'm so glad I didn't do that with Ori.

It sucks in a way that there is so much shovelware out there, so much noise,. because when something like Ori comes along that truly deserves our money, gamers are reluctant to plunk it down. Even when it's only $20 (because apparently everyone has this $10-15 price point for digital new releases).

Fox Mulder

I tried so hard to hammer this home to people.

We've all become a bit jaded as gamers. I too am guilty of waiting for a sale for games that seem promising, because 'what if it isn't that good'. I'm so glad I didn't do that with Ori.

It sucks in a way that there is so much shovelware out there, so much noise,. because when something like Ori comes along that truly deserves our money, gamers are reluctant to plunk it down. Even when it's only $20 (because apparently everyone has this $10-15 price point for digital new releases).

If only there was some way that people could try a game before buying it though. That would be neat.

Leyasu

Banned
Started playing shadow of mordor last night. Lol great game for 20. I think I'll download ori later to play once SoM is done. I cant wait to play state of decay.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

Play Ori first.

Is Ori worth it?

lol but I agree, fantastic game

Chris1

That's super dissapointing. I expected some more X360 deals (Crackdown maybe) and Xbone deals for Forza 5.

Agreed.... They've had daily and weekend deals for every ultimate sale so far, what changed this time? I can maybe understand XB1 since the library isn't that massive but there's tonnes of games that could have went on sale for 360.

Ah well. Batman, Far Cry and Mass Effect for me I think. Not a bad sale, much better than the last XB1 ultimate sale which turned out to be a disaster. Unless you were lucky to snag LOTF at $9 :(

Noobcraft

Does anyone not recommend Ori? Lol.

I totally recommend Ori, it's my GOTY so far and will probably stay that way.

Once I realized that I could port my Borderlands 2 save, I decided to jump on the Handsome Jack Collection. Never finished BL2, so it's nice jumping back into that. Just the type of game I've been wanting to play over summer.

That's super dissapointing. I expected some more X360 deals (Crackdown maybe) and Xbone deals for Forza 5.

The Forza games were on sale for for 50% off just a few weeks ago. Not surprised they didn't go back on sale so quickly after that.
http://majornelson.com/2015/06/16/this-weeks-deals-with-gold-and-spotlight-sale-9/

I grabbed titanfall and korra, not getting
Much else as my next big game will be rare replay, which I imagine will be quite a time sink for me.

Looks like I'm buying everything but Ori.

tumblr_mi3vj7pt2B1qcwyxho1_500.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to blow a ton of money when my backlog is already kinda big (I rarely have a backlog, lol) so I think I'm just gonna pick up Geometry Wars 3 and Titanfall. I already have Ori, and I'd like to get the Borderlands Collection, but it's still too expensive imo.

Play Ori first.

GIF-approval-nod-Ryan-Gosling--Nodding-GIF.gif

Bessy67

I just bought Mass Effect even though I already have the disc. $4 for letting me be lazy and not have to put a disc into my Xbox One? Sure, why not.

Bessy67

How can you guys not own Ori? The game is goat and already had a good price since it launched.
I'm still trying to get through Witcher 3, State of Decay YOSE and Halo MCC, plus I started up another Mass Effect run a couple weeks ago when backwards compatibility became a thing. I'm definitely getting Ori eventually, but while I have a bunch of other games I'm playing I'll wait and see if I can get a better deal.

RoKKeR

Just finished Witcher 3 and think it's maybe time for a new game. Thinking a Telltale game would be a good palette cleanser after Witcher, which one would you guys recommend? Borderlands or Game of Thrones?

Leaning towards Borderlands right now based really on only hearing some positive impressions here and there.

m23

I don't want to blow a ton of money when my backlog is already kinda big (I rarely have a backlog, lol) so I think I'm just gonna pick up Geometry Wars 3 and Titanfall. I already have Ori, and I'd like to get the Borderlands Collection, but it's still too expensive imo.

Awww yisss Titanfall. Send an invite anytime you want to play.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
How is Fable Anniversary, does it hold up well? I am thinking about buying the trilogy to play on XB1 when it becomes available. I already own 3 and I completed that and 2 but would probably play 2 again.

Cindro

Do any of you fine folk know when this sale officially ends? By "all summer", do they literally mean these sales will be valid until the first day of fall (September 23rd)?

Cindro

Major really needs to work on his sentence structure, then:

@majornelson:Here is a sneak peak of the Ultimate Game Sale, 70 of the best deals we’ll offer all summer starting 7 July

Maybe I should buy Ori sooner than I was planning on. Hmmm.

EBE

How is Fable Anniversary, does it hold up well? I am thinking about buying the trilogy to play on XB1 when it becomes available. I already own 3 and I completed that and 2 but would probably play 2 again.

its got framerate issues in the towns. otherwise its got a fair amount of content and features a nice makeover of the original game. controls have been updated as well.

Fable 2 is the best mainline Fable.

Finally picked up Ori, haven't started it yet though. Very tempted by Killer Instinct Complete at $32 as well.
It is a really, really fantastic game (that I am terrible at). It's really come into its own in season 2 with extremely interesting character mechanics and a more fully-fleshed out campaign. I watch streams of the pros more than I play, to be honest, because it seems like such a fascinating fighting system that I don't fully have the time to commit to!

So tempted for KI season 2 but Shadow of Mordor is pulling me into a different direction. I feel like I can play KI for ever and not a single match will be the same, SoM though seems like I'm never going to touch it after completion.

Cynn

So tempted for KI season 2 but Shadow of Mordor is pulling me into a different direction. I feel like I can play KI for ever and not a single match will be the same, SoM though seems like I'm never going to touch it after completion.

You'll play nothing forever. Hell, you may die tomorrow. Both are great. Go for it.

I've gotten Sleeping Dogs so far and I really like it. I'm considering the 2D Ass Creed and Ori as well.

EBE

Have a completely opposite oppinion about the game than you do lol. It is my least favorite... Though if you took out the ending it could potentially fight 3 for the number 2 spot.

so your ranking is Original, 3, 2?
id just swap original and 2.
original is by no means bad, but i found the creativity of the quests in the two sequels to be far superior to anything in the first. that and the combat (although the omission of certain spells from Fable 1 in 2 & 3 and the lack of armor hurt those games a bit for me).
3 doesn't deserve the shit it gets. excellent game.

MechDX

Bought Fable Trilogy, Mass Effect on 360 and Assasins Creed Chronicles on the One.

Feels good to buy ME and download it on the One as well.

So, I have $4.67 in my Microsoft account, and I want to buy Injustice, which is $4.99 with gold. There doesn't seem to be any way to split the cost between my Microsoft account and Paypal or a credit card. What do I do?

Top Bottom