• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360 Games on Demand: Are ANY of them worth their asking price?

games on Demand are not priced fairly, they are priced not to piss off the retailers by undercutting them. The worst territory is Australia where there extortionate pricing is mated by games on demand.

KageMaru

GoD/PSN retail games should be compared to new game prices IMO. In this case sometimes they match what I find at Gamestop's website, sometimes they are overpriced.

I know when Vesperia was released on GoD, even a used copy at Gamestop was more expensive. You never really see this happen though.

KaYotiX

Banned
Love the fact rockband 3 is on there. No more grabbing a disc to put in. Just fire up the game from the dash :) well worth $20 to me. That and my RB3 middle ring of the disc is getting messed up from taking it out of the case all the time lol.

i got halo reach for $15 with a download code i bought from a 3rd party seller, traded in my disc copy for $20, i sold my copy of borderlands GotY so i could buy all the dlc (at 50% off) and play it from my hdd, these are both games that i jump into randomly between playing campaigns in other games.

OK, I dusted off my 360 and Deathsmiles is downloading right now (only Deathsmiles on the marketplace here, no DS 2). I hope you guys are right and it's that good.

Also, who doesn't buy Vanquish and Bayonetta for 19,99 deserves to die in a fire. Doesn't matter if you find them cheaper elsewhere. These games are to good to pay less for them.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
OK, I dusted off my 360 and Deathsmiles is downloading right now (only Deathsmiles on the marketplace here, no DS 2). I hope you guys are right and it's that good.

Also, who doesn't buy Vanquish and Bayonetta for 19,99 deserves to die in a fire. Doesn't matter if you find them cheaper elsewhere. These games are to good to pay less for them.

Lawl. Guess me buying new retail copies of Vanquish for 5 dollars and Bayonetta for 14 is gonna make me crispy, rite?

Lawl. Guess me buying new retail copies of Vanquish for 5 dollars and Bayonetta for 14 is gonna make me crispy, rite?
Grats for the pick. It just makes me a little sad, that one of the best games of recent years bombed so hard, that it gets sold fo 5 bucks. It's just shows what small numbers this beast of a game sold :(

Gaspode_T

There are actually some games that are fairly 'rare' I wish they would release to Games on Demand - the Pinball Hall of Fame game is one of them, it probably had the minimum print run and that's it so you are not likely to ever find it randomly at a store, I don't think Amazon even has it (or it didn't when I tried to buy it there).

Some other relatively obscure games can get a second life on Games on Demand, Mini Ninjas, JRPGs, 2D fighting games, 2D shooters, etc. They should lower the price of the Raiden games though :p

The_Monk

I never was a big fan of digital service until now.

If I could I would love to trade all my PS3 and 360 games discs for a digital download, much easier to have all the games on the HDD and more space in my room. I only saw how much better is digital gaming is for me when I realized I was collecting paper and plastic cases. I also buy new, and I decided to wait for price drops. Much better than buying at high price then selling them at low price.

At the start of this year I began to collecting games but that end up quick because I did not see the point. The exception are games in a steelcase/tin. They really are pretty, or, like the Uncharted 3 "book/diary" case.

I also would like to add that full games are always more cheap on PS3 than on GoD 360 here (DIRT3 and Alice comes to mind)

For the OP:

Bayonetta, Tales of Vesperia, RE4 HD and the Bioshock series get my vote. ;)

Top Bottom