• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles is now $90 [pre-owned] at Gamestop

Zoggy

Don't think Gamefly has this one for Keep, sorry

But hey, at least you can play it!

Nice. Did not know that. I don't care about owning it, only playing. May have to rent it!

Thanks!

Seriously considering this. My first month would be $5.95, but I can't find what the game would cost after that if I decide to "keep" it.

edit: Scratch that, it says "Not for sale." That's fucking great, tell me AFTER I sign up.

you can still keep it(i.e never send it back) from them and they'll just charge you 50 dollars

as opposed to 90 from gamestop or 200 from amazon.

thats what i did

Fox Mulder

Is this out of print in Europe too? Shame. Oh well, if Nintendo of America wants to be stuck in their archaic ways, be my guest. No wonder the entire company is floundering when they make short-sighted decisions at such a frenetic pace.

I think digital will make Nintendo cheap out on print runs even more. They can always just point you to the eshop if their stuff is out of stock or hard to find.

Obligatory glad I got it when it was $50

Anyway, I find it really suspicious that Gamestop basically had none of this game anywhere in the country and all of a sudden any city that I enter in the location finder has it within 100 miles. Have these Xenoblades all been recovered from people at a minimal price to be resold at a higher price? or is something even shadier going on here?

Fox Mulder

Anyway, I find it really suspicious that Gamestop basically had none of this game anywhere in the country and all of a sudden any city that I enter in the location finder has it within 100 miles. Have these Xenoblades all been recovered from people at a minimal price to be resold at a higher price? or is something even shadier going on here?

Gamestop recently sent out an email advertising trade values for xenoblade and metroid prime trilogy.

I suppose it could be from that, but it would seem odd to even own that game to begin with and not have any idea of its value.

Maybe evil gamestop just converted all their remaining new copies to used so they could flip them for $90 instead.

onilink88

Bought a new copy off of amazon for my nephew's birthday. PS4 savings nuked.

Ys are good, but they're more action than anything. The rest of those, MEH. The guy I quoted said "Xenoblade is one of the best of it's era like CT was one of the best of it's" and that's why I was comparing the gens, but honestly it's just not fair. When you have to scrape out shit from the damn Tales series to put in a list of good jRPGs, I'm out. Xenoblade only seems to be sogood because we were all so starved for just one good jRPG this gen, it's not even as good as FF12.

This is an incredibly aggravating mentality. Xenoblade is among the finest RPGs I've ever played, and I assure you, I'm not some starving man who sees a a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and thinks it's Kobe beef, and neither is XB simply a case of "the tallest dwarf". Like it or not, there are legitimate reasons for people seeing the game in the light that they do.

mclem

This is how I feel after having two copies of the game, one sealed.

birdman-rubbing-hands.gif

Vaguely constipated?

basik

you can still keep it(i.e never send it back) from them and they'll just charge you 50 dollars

thats what i did

are you sure about this? I have it from gamefly right now lol. is it really only 50?

I bought the Limited Edition bundle with the red Classic Controller Pro. It was the last one in a 30 mile radius, apparently. How much will that be worth in the future? It's not sealed.

thats what i did
I have it from Gamefly right now, and I thought about doing that, but not having the case and instruction manual would bother me too much.

I used to work for Gamestop and I remember when we would get "used" copies of games as part of a delivery from UPS or FedEx. They were always new games but they were labeled as refurbished. So Gamestop could've just gotten another shipment of copies that were laying around and now they're selling them for huge profit.

Laieon

Pretty crazy, this might be the rarest game I own. I bought it new at Gamestop back in January or February for about $50. I haven't started it yet (and quite honestly with how big my backlog is I don't see myself playing it for awhile) though.

SirNinja

I can't understand Nintendo's reluctance in bringing this to North America, and then to release it in such a limited quantity. Did they honestly not think people would want this?

terrisus

To be fair, it was pretty widespread news to people who would even be remotely interested in the NA release that it would have a very limited release at only Gamestop and Nintendo.com

This. Would have thought anyone who wanted it would have gotten it Day 1.

TheFatMan

I've yet to finish beating this game after putting in nearly 70 hours. The reason no one has a copy is because no one has the time to finish it!

coopolon

10 stores around me have used copies. Crazy!

Over on cag there is some conspiracy theories that GameStop got a bunch of new copies and gutted them to sell for $90. In support of that several people reported multiple stores around them getting copies all at once.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Over on cag there is some conspiracy theories that GameStop got a bunch of new copies and gutted them to sell for $90. In support of that several people reported multiple stores around them getting copies all at once.

Just checked on my GS and 5 have them now

I would believe this. I just checked the store locator on GameStop.com, and now every store near me has them in stock, when they didn't earlier this week. They could have just been sitting on a bunch of used copies until they could raise the price, though.

Tripon

Speaking of Wii games that Gamestop is trying to price gouge on, the Wii version of Pikmin 1 is going up in price. Its just went up to $30, and will likely go up even more.

Fox Mulder

there's no way this isn't happening. I could have believed that some people traded the game in, but there's 10 gamestops with it in stock in a 30 mile radius of me. You can also just buy it through the website as well.

Shady shit, but hey, fuck nintendo for letting it happen with how they released the game here.

Nah it's probably not a conspiracy. I actually stated that in a post on this page. It's likely 100% true.

Shiggy

Just ordered this in Germany as it's disappearing on retailer websites and Amazon sells it for €60 already. Got it for €25 luckily, hope my order won't get cancelled...

Jobbs

Banned
Unexpectedly, strangely, this was sitting in my Gamefly queue and I never thought it would ship -- ever -- but it just did.

Unfortunately, there's no "keep it" option at all for this game. I'm wondering if I contact them would they could let me keep it somehow.

Saw a copy at my local Gamestop near Anthem. However, I did a bunch of trade ins, plus pre-orders for Pokemon X and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and since I'm being conservative with my spending, I had to opt out of buying it.

Top Bottom