• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X English Direct April 24th

Zyrox

Hey guys what's going-
Xenoblade Chronicles X English Direct April 24th
iFr8igt.gif

EDIT: No EU news worries me though.
Pls don't fuck us ove, pls don't fuck us over, pls don't fuck us over

WHAT WHAT WHAT!?!

It'll probably just be the exploration direct but in english/english subs, but still great to see Xenoblade X info before E3.

So...Nintendo, please for the LOVE OF GOD GIVE ME A RELEASE DATE/WINDOW AND HAVE IT BE SUMMER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO IT!

you know saying things just like that makes me think Yoshi is Fall in America because Xenoblade is Summer. It would make sense given how I seem to recall the localisation department was one of the thing that went during last years NOE restructuring.

Please don't be right. I don't want to hate you Yoshi but I will if this is the case...

Chaos17

The fact is that beside email annoucement, Nintendo didn't rely the information on their Facebook or Twitter, yet.
So maybe, there is some hope for EU direct too.
Repeat (bis) because of new page

eEDFCib.gif

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just watched some recent JPN dev discussion on the online features and 'dolls'. Had no idea this game was part Armored Core with all the customization and mech parts, as well as the asymmetric online stuff. Still kind of confused on how it all plays out, but way more inventive than I expected.

The UI looks like garbage though. Screen is just filled to the brim with all sorts of data, numbers, and whatnot pulling your attention and focus. Trying to suss anything out watching that vid was mind-numbing. Really distracts from the core game it appears. Hopefully that won't be the case though.

Verger

Banned
British VA please
I'd love that. But how would that work in "New Los Angeles"? Did Britons annex USA in this universe?

Just hope the localization is good. Hopefully they can find someone who can play Lyn or Tatsu and not be utterly annoying.

Chaos17

The UI looks like garbage though. Screen is just filled to the brim with all sorts of data, numbers, and whatnot pulling your attention and focus. Trying to suss anything out watching that vid was mind-numbing. Really distracts from the core game it appears. Hopefully that won't be the case though.

I though the same about Xenoblade but in the end it worked well when I played the game.

I'd love that. But how would that work in "New Los Angeles"? Did Britons annex USA in this universe?

Just hope the localization is good. Hopefully they can find someone who can play Lyn or Tatsu and not be utterly annoying.

It's hundreds of years in the future.

The British conquered the world long ago which is why everyone in the English localization will have those kinds of accents. :p

Cool, hopefully we get a release date. August or before would be nice. I'll be sinking so many hours into this one; along with Witcher 3, Batman and TPP, I'm set with open world goodness. Bring it on.

AdanVC

Hoping for a August release then. If Yoshi was slated for fall in NA that sounds like an Oct. release along with Fatal Frame. Then maybe Devil's Third and Starfox for November/Dec?

I would be totally happy with this lineup tbh. Plus it remains to know wich games will be revealed at E3 that can possibly release on holiday as well!

Effect

I really hope Europe doesn't get screwed over on the release. That being said the amount of languages required for a release might slow it down while that might not be the case for North America due to having few languages that are needed or maybe even required.

That we are getting a direct now should mean the game is coming soon if the past track record is followed. Others have suggested as much and I agree. It makes no sense to give us a Nintendo Direct now and release the gaming August or September. It has to be coming either May or June or July at the latest depending on how many Nintendo Directs they give us.

The videos we get might not be the same as Japan but perhaps reworked since I'm sure Nintendo is aware of the translated and subtitled versions out there. Then again there is time to put them all out if I wished.

MicH

I don't see why EU would get it delayed because if localisation. They always work on all languages at the same time. We're not talking voice acting fir every language - just subtitles (I assume, would be shocked otherwise) like the Wii Xenoblade

All I need from this is the NA release date and if they are possibly doing a system bundle with the game.

If the latter happens, I'll finally pick up a Wii U so I can retire my faithful Wii (bought it a week out from release, it's still trucking just fine). Most Wii U games I've been playing have been at a friend's house with other friends, since we often play local multi-player games.

I was about to post that. That video will be perfect if the game actually releases this summer.

But yeah, hype!

Reyn annoys me, especially all the 'Reyn time' stuff, so whenever someone ask's What time is it? Rhetorically, I post this instead: https://youtu.be/SFkdcQgNJHo

So much better.
Let's duel in our Dolls.

Just watched some recent JPN dev discussion on the online features and 'dolls'. Had no idea this game was part Armored Core with all the customization and mech parts, as well as the asymmetric online stuff. Still kind of confused on how it all plays out, but way more inventive than I expected.

Yeah this game is packed full of quality content. They really went all out, to the point I feel this game is going to surpass pretty much anything else out there in terms of content. Huge open worlds? Check. Oh but wait, we also have tons of customization, we have TRANSFORMING FULLY CONTROLLABLE (heh, song Uncontrollable) MECHS. Oh we have a deep and engaging story too. Oh online multiplayer? Yeah we have that too. Oh we have tons of crazy bosses and enemies, and a deep manufacturing system for armour and weapons too. Playable characters? Why about 20. Oh and customizability in everything :s SO many options, it's almost overwhelming, and we haven't even seen the full depth of the game yet, only brief intros to various aspects.

The UI elements are all important stuff (and you can toggle some off as you wish). It looks messy, but when you play it it makes sense and doesn't 'feel' quite so messy.

AngerdX

Well, the release of this will decide if I import a us wii u or just get an eu one, as im just getting it for this and zelda. Heh

Edit: Rofl that music vieeo put a smile on my face, also right after watching it i get an ad for it on Spotify, with the Hoff saying don't hassle the Hoff, made ppl around me look wierdly at me laughing my ass of.

I wonder what quality of VA's they will have for the NA version. Will they be of the original Xenoblade quality or more like Fire Emblem Tellius (Ewww)?

evanmisha

My money is on no release date, but instead a release quarter.
Holiday 2015
or maaaaybe a month
November 2015

Top Bottom