• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X English Direct April 24th

YES!
Wait, tomorrow at 2pm?
Noo! I have finals during that time D;
I'm starting to believe that this game will come out in July.
#Believe

Oh my, I wasn't expecting any info for this game at least until E3! I assume they're going to release a combination of all the Japanese Directs.

Will we finally hear the English dub? And get release information? August-October seems realistic enough...

lets see what happened with Bayonetta 2
Bayonetta Direct: 04.Sept
Bayonetta Release: 24.Oct

or:
Hyrule Warriors:
Direct: 05. Aug
Release: 26.Sep U.S / 19. Sep EU

OMG ITS COMING OUT SOON!!!

Don't hype me anymore, it would be bad for my heart - and wallet - if this game is releasing soon!

If it's going to take too long to translate into Multi-5, better if they offer the game only in English, and publish different downloadable language packs once they are available.
This is Nintendo. They'll delay it before doing something like that. Great idea though.

If it's going to take too long to translate into Multi-5, better if they offer the game only in English, and publish different downloadable language packs once they are available.

They probably won't localize voices, but I assume they will add text translations. I don't see them doing language packs post-release. ):
Hopefully it doesn't delay the game...

PetrCobra

Hope you like the inventory and map screens :D

I do actually, but I was thinking of something like having two different views/visors (see the Metroid Prime series) on the two screens.

Or something similar to what Xenoblade X seems to be doing
back to topic

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Do you think they're just going to show the game still in japanese, but with an english narrator explaining stuff, so we'll still have no idea how the characters will sound in english?

hatchx

Banned
No EU direct because they won't get it as soon as NA.

NA direct because we get this summer.

EU gets Yoshi early as compensation.

This is my prediction.

This is my prediction.
All of my hate for the one that made that decision if true. Fuck translations but they make sense from a business perspective.

This is my prediction.

Honestly, this makes a ton of sense and if true, will make the pain of the Wooly World NA delay go away.

That being said, I really freakin' wish Nintendo would launch their games at the same time globally, like almost every other publisher. Or at least make their western launches (NA, EU, AU, etc.) simultaneous.

AdanVC

HYPEEE This means Xenoblade X will probably release sooner than expected! What if it's in June?? Europe will get Yoshi's Wolly World on that month and here we get nothing so Xenoblade X in june would be perfect! Also, about freaking time we're gonna hear the game with english voices.

Edit: Holy crap it's true. Surprised we're getting a Xenoblade X Direct first than Splatoon!

hatchx

Banned
Honestly, this makes a ton of sense and if true, will make the pain of the Wooly World NA delay go away.

That being said, I really freakin' wish Nintendo would launch their games at the same time globally, like almost every other publisher.

I can sort of understand due to EU translations needing French, Deutch, and German (is that all?). That's basically 3x the work.

I can sort of understand due to EU translations needing French, Deutch, and German (is that all?). That's basically 3x the work.

Yeah, for a big RPG, I guess that does make sense. Nintendo's publishing strategy as a whole though is really weird and antiquated.

DrWong

If they translate it to german and french we're fucked.

And Spanish/Italian.

They need French & German because we can't count on UK sales wise when it's Nintendo stuff :]

So soon?!!!

Daaamn, thank you Nintendo.

I didn't read the entire thread, but I hope there are already Hype Train stuff, because this one is going super fast =X

Chaos17

Why your idea sound so beleivable.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
I don't want it to get next year in EU.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

lat2jqcIVyjba.gif

jorgejjvr

We are also forgetting that there will be a trehouse event, it makes no sense to do a direct and trehouse if the game is not coming soon and if we don't have a release date, plus it's before E3. Guys, I'm telling you, we are going to play this game in summer. June - August, and we will have an exact release date, and if it is in June I will go crazy!!! I need to to finish my second play through of Xenoblade (but now in 3D) before the game releases!

So anyways

Direct

+

Trehouse

+

Before E3

=

Game incoming!!

royox

This is my prediction.

NA gets the game earlyer.

EU gets the game and a Mech Amiibo free as compensation.

Squishy3

Yessssss. Too bad there probably won't be a release date announcement.

Wonder if this'll be the debut of the English voices?

I can't believe this! I really hope this means it's coming before/around E3 since they are doing this now and not then! I didn't expect the localization to be so fast!

jorgejjvr

Yessssss. Too bad there probably won't be a release date announcement.

Wonder if this'll be the debut of the English voices?
Considering this is a game specific direct, and a treehouse event afterwards, I will bet we will get a release date. It wouldn't make sense otherwise, to go this big and no date. At the very least a month.

Highwind

Looks like Europe isn't getting the game at the same time as NA =/. Probably not till late this year/early next year.

The game will be in english but we have to wait and region locking prevents us from getting it early. And I'll have to deal with idiots in my circle rubbing it in constantly.

*sigh*

AdanVC

We are also forgetting that there will be a trehouse event, it makes no sense to do a direct and trehouse if the game is not coming soon and if we don't have a release date, plus it's before E3. Guys, I'm telling you, we are going to play this game in summer. June - August, and we will have an exact release date, and if it is in June I will go crazy!!! I need to to finish my second play through of Xenoblade (but now in 3D) before the game releases!

So anyways

Direct

+

Trehouse

+

Before E3

=

Game incoming!!

The way you wrote this is 1000% hype inducing and I'm just hngggggggggggg! can't waitttttt

Top Bottom