• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X English Direct April 24th

Ridley327

Is Mario Maker considered high profile? I figured it was just something to goof around with.

It's Mario's 30th anniversary, and Nintendo has been putting it at the forefront of about every major promotional thing they've done since E3 last year. It's safe to say it's a pretty big deal.

While i'm hyped for the direct, i cant help but think there showing us now because it doesn't qualify for e3, if you know what i mean..

It's Mario's 30th anniversary, and Nintendo has been putting it at the forefront of about every major promotional thing they've done since E3 last year. It's safe to say it's a pretty big deal.

Weird. I remember looking at it and thinking it seemed neat, but lacked the scope necessary to be anything exciting. Did they eventually reveal more/better tilesets and the ability to actually build full-size levels?

While i'm hyped for the direct, i cant help but think there showing us now because it doesn't qualify for e3, if you know what i mean..
No. Japan had a bunch of XCX specific "directs". They are likely just releasing English versions of those. XCX will likely still be at E3 with a hype inducing cinematic story trailer and release date announcement.

chadboban

Was not expecting this AT ALL. Damn, I know moist of the information is going to be stuff I know already (thanks iyakku and gessenkou) but I hope we at least get a taste of the English voices and a release month. I'm just glad because this means they've officially stated marketing this game in the west.

They showed nearly two hours of gameplay for it at the last year's E3. Along with a story trailer.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
E3's focus on 2015 titles, ergo a focus now because it won't have much focus at E3 may hint towards a 2016 release date.

I.e. reading too much into it.

I though about this too. But it would be such a failure to have both Zelda and Xenoblade X delayed. Incredible failure. And the game is finished, it will launch in Japan next week. I just can't believe that the localization will take more than 8 months.

Chaos17

Nintendo wasn't at E3 ^^

What're you talking about ? They were at the E3 and showed tons of video gameplay during 3 DAYS.

Kids-E3-3-Miyamoto-624x425.jpg

IMG_1461-620x465.jpg

photo-4.jpg

Those 3 days were awesome.

I really hope they English voices aren't complete shit. :( I loved Xenoblade's localization, but I am a bit concerned about this one. Hopefully it won't be as bad as Type-0's at least.. lol

thefro

I though about this too. But it would be such a failure to have both Zelda and Xenoblade X delayed. Incredible failure. And the game is finished, it will launch in Japan next week. I just can't believe that the localization will take more than 8 months.

They've supposedly already been working on the localization for a while.

Ridley327

Weird. I remember looking at it and thinking it seemed neat, but lacked the scope necessary to be anything exciting. Did they eventually reveal more/better tilesets and the ability to actually build full-size levels?

They've got SMB1, 3, World, and NSMB as sets thus far, even going as far as making up sprites for enemies and ojbects that didn't exist in previous games, and it looks like you can make a full level, but there's a big question mark if you can string them together to effectively make your own Mario game.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
They've supposedly already been working on the localization for a while.

Even moreso, shockingalberto said maybe about 2 years ago, that they were planning for a simultaneous worldwide release, because of the nature of this game, that obviously couldnt be done, but that doesnt mean the localization isnt right behind it.

ZeroXZee

They've got SMB1, 3, World, and NSMB as sets thus far, even going as far as making up sprites for enemies and ojbects that didn't exist in previous games, and it looks like you can make a full level, but there's a big question mark if you can string them together to effectively make your own Mario game.

Well, you can create your set of worlds:

How many worlds are possible, and specific details on sharing still unknown, but that's sound like it.

Top Bottom