• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X English Direct April 24th

YmbhUqr.gif

I'm going to be at work, which sucks, but I really hope we get a glimpse of the English dub. On one hand I'd love it we got UK voices by SIDE again, on the other hand after a voice cast like the one for STEAM and Uprising, maybe we'll actually get a top notch US cast with a couple of "celebrities" thrown in.

Kudo

Yessssss. Too bad there probably won't be a release date announcement.

Wonder if this'll be the debut of the English voices?

Reminds me, have they said will this have dual audio or dub/japanese only? Hopefully more info tomorrow on that.

jorgejjvr

The way you wrote this is 1000% hype inducing and I'm just hngggggggggggg! can't waitttttt
Well that's because I'm 10000000% hyped myself!!!

Oh and Xenoblade sold better than Japan over here, so it makes sense to want to release it sooner.

Also, the fact that there is no Europe direct announce further proves we are getting it soon, since there's no reason to delay ours if Europe is not ready, as mentioned before they need more translation.

And lastly, I don't think we have ever gotten a game specific direct without a date. Maybe it's not always an exact date, but we at least get a month or a window like 'summer'. And the games always tend to be close to the game specific directs, about a month before.

Treehouse just makes it all that much sweeter

Splatoon got a trehouse live when we found out the release date

Chaos17

Reminds me, have they said will this have dual audio or dub/japanese only? Hopefully more info tomorrow on that.

They didn't say anything about it.
I'm part of the people who hope that we will get (somehow) both english and japanese voices so everybody will be happy :)

jorgejjvr

And let's say the game comes out in like June 30, sure it's after E3 but it doesn't make sense to announce the date at E3 so close to the game launch. However, if it is announced now, a bit over a month ahead (like with how they do with most games) we will be hyped for the game and we can still see more of it at E3 since it would still not be out but releasing soon. If the game comes in June announcing it at E3 makes no sense, however announcing it now....

It's coming in June guys!!!

Believe

Renewed

Will they announce a Doll model kit based amiibo that you assemble, then attach to an action base that has the NFC chip built in?!!

But no really, I'd love an amiibo. Hell I'd love to know when the game is coming. I wanna blow my summer away on this.

MilesTeg

Banned
Would seem pretty lame to have a live presentation afterwards without a release date.

Gonna hope for a release asap obviously. Obviously you would think June at the earliest considering Splatoon's release date. Realistically probably more like August.

I really hope for an English dub preview.
I don't mind American voices, but then Tatsu needs a British accent as a little nod to Xenoblade.

jorgejjvr

Will they announce a Doll model kit based amiibo that you assemble, then attach to an action base that has the NFC chip built in?!!

But no really, I'd love an amiibo. Hell I'd love to know when the game is coming. I wanna blow my summer away on this.

We have nothing in Summer

This would be the perfect Summer game

Those were Monolift Soft's own info dumps, not Iwata's signature series.

This is the first Nintendo Direct focused on XCX

And the first Direct presumably focusing on the Western audience, and with the English localized build of the game. First time we'll see English voiced trailers and gameplay (Treehouse).

Lingitiz

Hoping for a August release then. If Yoshi was slated for fall in NA that sounds like an Oct. release along with Fatal Frame. Then maybe Devil's Third and Starfox for November/Dec?

1408.gif

It would literally be the only way to get me to buy amiibo.

And the first Direct presumably focusing on the Western audience, and with the English localized build of the game. First time we'll see English voiced trailers and gameplay (Treehouse).

How long is this thing going to be. Japan had 3-4 30 minute vids detailing all of the gamely features.

I may have to avoid the direct (I'm on a semi media black out) and watch the Treehouse since it's likely they will play the opening again (possibly with a mech doll)

If they release amiibos then my wallet is done.

chadboban

I know I've posted before but damn I'm still in shock over this. Like, NO ONE would've said this was going to happen then be referred to as being a sane individual.

moolamb

This is nucking futs!!!

I don't know what to think!!!

I don't know who to believe!!!

I don't have a brain anymore... it is all hype!!!

ps. Can we please get a countdown clock?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm still not losing hope for an European announcement of this, as NoA hasn't yet announced it either via the social networks.

Banned

Heavybreathing.gif

Mknzy

Nintendo hates me, right in the middle of my shift at work! I am going to have to wait a whole four and a half hours before I can watch!

Zoracka

I've stayed away from much of the PR regarding this game so far and I think I'll keep doing that. Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS surprised me (first time playing it), but I'm not through it yet (I'm not that good at starting up my 3DS), but I will definitely buy X soon enough.

I do hope we get a release from this direct regardless.

They should release the English version in NA and EU at the same time and offer the other languages as downloadable packs later, as they become available.

Please

It goes without saying that the chances of an early NA release, conceivably as early as June, just skyrocketed. Before today I was confidently expecting this game to land in October (the Bayonetta 2 slot, sliding neatly between Mario Maker and Star Fox), but if it arrives much earlier I do wonder what will take its place. It would be unfortunate for Yoshi to be bumped back that far in NA and for no significant short-notice announcements at E3 (although I still expect at least one Captain Toad-sized surprise), but in any case, I'd rather have Xenoblade show up sooner rather than later. If it comes out in June it will have practically no competition for my attention all summer.

The pessimistic scenario, release-wise, is that in the absence of Zelda this is being pushed as such a big game that we are set to see it promoted in this Direct, then again at E3, then again in a second Direct closer to release. The only precedent for this is Smash, and this just isn't Smash; people aren't salivating over a trickle of character announcements such that every promotional effort is by itself an event. So unless tomorrow's Direct is merely a first look at the English localization to pre-empt the JP release, things are looking up. The biggest argument against expecting an imminent release is that it wasn't even remotely hinted at in the April Direct as something we should expect in the coming season. If they knew they were on target to get the game out the door soon, why wouldn't this have been mentioned then?

But we'll see soon enough how close they are. We have yet to see anything of this game with either English voices or finished English text, and if either of them fail to show up tomorrow we should not expect a release date either. Remember that when the Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 Directs appeared with a two-month lead time that review builds were pretty much in the can and ready to send out. I've seen nothing to suggest X is that far along, but then again, we haven't seen it promoted in NA since what, November?

One item to look out for, if we finally see the English text (as we should), will be how the JP terminology carries over into the localization, be it the Dolls or something more obviously due for replacement like "Huge Succeeded" ("Shine Get!"). Mostly, however, I will be watching for a release date like the rest of you.

How long is this thing going to be. Japan had 3-4 30 minute vids detailing all of the gamely features.

I may have to avoid the direct (I'm on a semi media black out) and watch the Treehouse since it's likely they will play the opening again (possibly with a mech doll)

If they release amiibos then my wallet is done.

Idk, but I would assume/guess they'll release the same 'Direct' videos in english over the next couple months leading up to release. They'll have different trailers tomorrow and at E3.

I think if they play the opening again in Treehouse they won't do it with Dolls, since you get Dolls later on in the game, they'll just play it again and let the game do the talking this time. XD

One item to look out for, if we finally see the English text (as we should), will be how the JP terminology carries over into the localization, be it the Dolls or something more obviously due for replacement like "Huge Succeeded" ("Shine Get!"). Mostly, however, I will be watching for a release date like the rest of you.

I expect to see English trailers and gameplay, otherwise they wouldn't be having a Western Direct, they'd save it till E3 (to get more done). The fact they're doing this tells us they're much closer to completing localization than we thought. I would pin release in between late June and August at the latest.

They've actually already changed Huge Succeeded to 'Perfect', even in the Japanese build, so we definitely won't have Huge Succeeded', as awesome as it is.

moolamb

I'm going to hazard a guess that the Treehouse team will be doing a lot of the gameplay mechanics explanations. The Japanese directs featured Elma, Lyn, van Damme et al talking about battle gameplay and soul voice. Maybe they decided that way of presenting wasn't going to fly with the Western audience (especially with all the rejection of their faces!) and so they'll leave it up to the cool guys and girls at Treehouse intead.

So I expect to see a flashy story trailer, followed by Treehouse playing through a few battles, and also in dolls.

They've actually already changed Huge Succeeded to 'Perfect', even in the Japanese build, so we definitely won't have Huge Succeeded', as awesome as it is.

Only Huge Succeeded is canon.

Goddamn, this is way sooner than I expected. At this point I didn't think there would be any English updates until E3. Hopefully we're getting a more specific release window and the first English footage.

I'm also wondering if this Direct means the localization is further along than people thought. There might still be a chance for a summer release, after all.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Obviously it means Xenoblade Chronicles X is coming out in July, or August to fill that massive void after Splatoon. Because surely Nintendo has learned their lesson and would never let the Wii U have a massive multi-month span without a notably release. Right? Kappa

Top Bottom