• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Nintendo Direct Footage 11.5.2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugoo18

Just noticed that the male character on the site image is the character that was teased in the first two trailers rather than the custom one we've been seeing since E3 this year. Wonder if it means anything especially since the other characters are still the same 3 ones we've seen since E3 and in Elma's case since the original teaser trailer.

aravuus

Do we have any source for this? I noticed how people keep saying this but I failed to see an actual quote/interview/video of Takahashi commenting on these things.

In fact, if I remember correctly, he said just the opposite in some interviews like Iwata Asks. Like how he was somewhat stagnated in his old ways of writing, how Xenoblade development and Nintendo helped him to change some bad habits and how he would try a more "mature" writing with his next projects.

Well, shounen stories aren't exactly something I'd call mature writing or whatever so I dunno, the comment you're referring to here also makes it sound like it's not going to be that similar to XB.

Dinda

Just noticed that the male character on the site image is the character that was teased in the first two trailers rather than the custom one we've been seeing since E3 this year. Wonder if it means anything especially since the other characters are still the same 3 ones we've seen since E3 and in Elma's case since the original teaser trailer.

What are you getting at, what should that mean?

Neo Dark

So I decided to revisit the site again and it seems they updated to a much higher quality audio? That or my new earphones wasent working right yesterday.
http://xenobladex.jp/

Depends when you went and listened to it. When I pointed out the link for the music had changed names last night, people replied saying that the original link was only 702 kb vs the current 3 mb so yes they did reupload a better version some time last night.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=137582293#post137582293 (Next page has replies about it being changed)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Seeing this part really made me happy. Loving the variety of species NLA seems to have.
Really excited to see what other NPC species there are to interact with in the game.

I agree, great variety of "alien" species. The alst guy we saw in a trailer is really cool, btw

Xenoblade-Chrnoicles-E3-Reveal-3-1280x720.jpg

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Depends when you went and listened to it. When I pointed out the link for the music had changed names last night, people replied saying that the original link was only 702 kb vs the current 3 mb so yes they did reupload a better version some time last night.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=137582293#post137582293 (Next page has replies about it being changed)

It's back to the low-bitrate ass version :(

There be a new tweet from the official twitter. Japan gaf?

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/530633738829692928

Ran it through Google translate, it's essentially Takahashi saying he's heavily involved with the development of the game and that we can expect further updates from various staff members.

TheMoon

Nice catch!

What are you getting at, what should that mean?

You'll play as Raiden for most of the game.

Why do I get some weird Phantasy Star vibe from this game?

Can't wait!

2015 the Wii U will once again enter my home ( or this holiday ... but may get my wife a new tablet first ) and it shall be glorious

Effect

Wish they'd put out the tweets in english as well. Oh well. Guess we'll just have to hope people will be okay with translating. Thank you in advance!

PKGaming

Banned
Man....I honestly don't think Xenoblade Chronicles X's setting and atmosphere will match the original. Sure, the graphics look amazing, but it's just not as magical. Will we ever see stuff like this:

xenoblade_chronicles_18.jpg

Hugstable

Banned
Man....I honestly don't think Xenoblade Chronicles X's setting and atmosphere will match the original. Sure, the graphics look amazing, but it's just not as magical. Will we ever see stuff like this:

I'm pretty sure it will, I don't think we've even begun to see all the areas in the game. I mean heck if I just based Xenoblade off what I saw in Colony 9, I never thought we would get places that look as amazing as Makna Forest and the Eryth Sea. They already showed alot of other crazy looking areas in the original trailer from awhile back as well. I'm so excited about this game and I just keep eating up every piece of info about it, next year can't come fast enough haha.

Spring 2015 in Japan? Fall/Holiday 2015 in the West could be possible, then.

That scares me a bit though, since Zelda is also supposed to release Fall/Holiday 2015, and if I remember right, wasn't the whole reason we never got Xenoblade in the Holiday of 2011 was because Nintendo wanted to save that whole spot for Skyward Sword? I don't know if that was ever true, but I want both games now!

Golnei

I wouldn't lose faith just yet. We've likely only seen the Gaur Plain / Colony 9 equivalent at this point.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

No, never! They will never create nice things like they created before. They lost their touch and this area that we've seen so many time is the only area in the game. There's no other area or everything looks the same.
/s

Akai

That would depend on when this artwork was drawn, I guess. They might have changed the default custom character to what we have seen in recent videos, or what we see in the art might actually be THE default protag design if you don't feel like customizing...

People, don't panic! Xenoblade was awesome, but we don't want to play the same game again, right?

Xenoblade OST is my favorite OST ever; Xenoblade's environments are what dreams are made of. However, I'm very glad they changed the composers and the environments, because as long as it's still high quality, we all want to have a new experience with Xenoblade X, right?

The opening scene is absolutely amazing, there's no denying that. The incredible music makes it.

Fuck you, now I want to replay the game lol

I have a feeling I'm going to be replaying Xenoblade next year before X releases. Every time I replay that game, I just start a new save file though. I don't really like how the New Game Plus mode was done because the game becomes a joke with the low level enemies and bosses. I prefer to have at least a little challenge and not one shotting everything. I hope Xenoblade X has a more customizable new game plus. Having the ability to keep all your weapons/gems/armor, but reset to level 1 would be cool. Or just having the option to increase monster levels to 100+.

Personally I wanted Xenoblade 2 and not Xenoblade: This Time It's Serious Grey Edition.

You might want to get your eyes checked if you seriously think the game looks grey. I'm not denying that Xenoblade was more colorful, but X certainly isn't some grey game.

aravuus

Xenoblade: This Time It's Serious Grey Edition.

I want this

e: without the grey part

I have a feeling I'm going to be replaying Xenoblade next year before X releases. Every time I replay that game, I just start a new save file though. I don't really like how the New Game Plus mode was done because the game becomes a joke with the low level enemies and bosses. I prefer to have at least a little challenge and not one shotting everything. I hope Xenoblade X has a more customizable new game plus. Having the ability to keep all your weapons/gems/armor, but reset to level 1 would be cool. Or just having the option to increase monster levels to 100+.

Yeah, it's not very interesting. The Tales games still have the GOAT NG+ system with the grade shop.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

I see people taking about this, but: supposing that you have played through XenoWii, how many gameplay hours you have to put into that game to reach a good variety of environmental colors/fauna/flora?

we saw just the first area, around New LA, and it seem pretty similar, but bigger and richer, to Colony 9, imho.

ugoo18

That would depend on when this artwork was drawn, I guess. They might have changed the default custom character to what we have seen in recent videos, or what we see in the art might actually be THE default protag design if you don't feel like customizing...

Yeah that is true although i hope that the change scenario didn't happen, imo the original guy looks better or at least more interesting for some reason than the one from the most recent trailer.

However if they did change it then would that mean they changed his Doll as well, since in the second trailer he had a red Doll compared to the one he's standing next to in the site image. Although looking through the second trailer the blue/whitish Doll from the site image is there as well and the red Doll seems to be an NPC one or at least isn't being used by the main character in this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uGVRvpPr8k#t=72

I'm still curious as heck about that Shulk looking character at the end of the first teaser. Actually considering how customization the character selection seems i wonder just how close someone could get to recreating Shulk or any of the original Xenoblade humans.

Effect

The western release depends on two factors I think. If Zelda really is indeed coming out in 2015. If it does then that gets the late October to early December spot. The other is if what Retro is working on is a 2015 title and specifically Metroid based. If it is then it likely gets the late August to September spot. I see XCX more likely to get the early Fall spot then the big Thanksgiving/Christmas spot. I don't think it would have the brand power to fight through the noise of all the other big titles coming out around that time the way a Mario, Pokemon or Zelda branded game would. Not without a massive marketing push and I don't see that from NoA during that time period.

So that leaves May/June, if Japan gets it early Spring (April at the earliest), to maybe mid October as the possible window I think. If it comes out in that time frame then it could be counter programming as they say for Splatoon which should also launch within those months. Splatoon coming first and followed by XCX.

aravuus

I've never played a NG+ on Tales, what do they do?

During NG you gain grade points for just fighting well in most games, but there are some exceptions. In Tales of Xillia, for example, you get them for getting small achievements.

Anyway, when you start a NG+, the first thing you see is a grade shop. In grade shop, you can use the grade points you've earned on the first playthrough to buy passive bonuses and all kinds of extra stuff that last for the whole NG+. There are usually a TON of different options, from the usual 2x/5x exp/sp/gald to inheriting different kinds of items you had when you had finished NG (items/weapons/accessories etc) to making damage dealt (by you and your enemies) 2x/5x etc.

You can even stack the multiplier ones. Buy both 2x EXP and 5x EXP and you gain 10x EXP during the game.
You could raise the stakes and make the game a LOT more intense by buying all the damage and crit chance raising options and you get enemies that'll die in a few hits but that can also destroy your whole party in the matter of seconds.

I doubt we'll ever see a better NG+ system.

I've never played a NG+ on Tales, what do they do?

Depending on how well you do in battles in the first playthrough, you get Grade points that you can use to spend on perks in the NG+, like exp boosts, keep your items/skills/etc.

But other than that you start from scratch.

Akai

However if they did change it then would that mean they changed his Doll as well, since in the second trailer he had a red Doll compared to the one he's standing next to in the site image. Although looking through the second trailer the blue/whitish Doll from the site image is there as well and the red Doll seems to be an NPC one or at least isn't being used by the main character in this scene.

I wouldn't look too much into the Doll being shown considering we already know we can use a number of different ones, each with their own abilities. The one shown at the beginning of the second trailer is probably the first one you get to use, though...

ec0ec0

Nintendo would never allow one of their developers to show the best parts of their game. Remember, nintendo sold super mario 3d world showing footage of the first worlds. It would have been a lot easier to show a lot of footage of the latest levels of the game, but they didnt.

takriel

Nintendo would never allow one of their developers to show the best parts of their game. Remember, nintendo sold super mario 3d world showing footage of the first worlds. It would have been a lot easier to show a lot of footage of the latest levels of the game, but they didnt.

Then again they showed practically every area of Skyward Sword in advance, so...

Peltz

3D World actually was one of the rare over exposed Nintendo games. Generally, you're correct, but I think you chose the worst possible example. I actually felt like their promo materials spoiled most of 3D World. It was also my fault for following the game so damn closely.

Most of the time, yes, Nintendo only shows early footage of their games. But 3D World was an exception to that in my opinion, probably because people found it's E3 reveal to be so underwhelming. So Nintendo seemed to over-compensate for that with too much footage that fall when promoting the game.

During NG you gain grade points for just fighting well in most games, but there are some exceptions. In Tales of Xillia, for example, you get them for getting small achievements.

Anyway, when you start a NG+, the first thing you see is a grade shop. In grade shop, you can use the grade points you've earned on the first playthrough to buy passive bonuses and all kinds of extra stuff that last for the whole NG+. There are usually a TON of different options, from the usual 2x/5x exp/sp/gald to inheriting different kinds of items you had when you had finished NG (items/weapons/accessories etc) to making damage dealt (by you and your enemies) 2x/5x etc.

You can even stack the multiplier ones. Buy both 2x EXP and 5x EXP and you gain 10x EXP during the game.
You could raise the stakes and make the game a LOT more intense by buying all the damage and crit chance raising options and you get enemies that'll die in a few hits but that can also destroy your whole party in the matter of seconds.

I doubt we'll ever see a better NG+ system.

Depending on how well you do in battles in the first playthrough, you get Grade points that you can use to spend on perks in the NG+, like exp boosts, keep your items/skills/etc.

But other than that you start from scratch.

Oh wow, those sound really cool. So it still remains challenging in the new game plus but you get some neat bonuses.

Ceadeus

Gamepad Navigation System looks neat. It's the kind of stuff that make me like the WiiU a little bit more than the other two.

Gamepad FTW

Gamepad Navigation System looks neat. It's the kind of stuff that make me like the WiiU a little bit more than the other two.

Gamepad FTW

Agreed. Hopefully it'll have some good quest tracking icons on there as well. That's one thing I feel like Xenoblade lacked - a good way to track quests.

You will never come upon Gaur Plains again for the first times and be at a total loss as the music starts up and you're captivated by the montage of wildlife living on the plain itself.

I wonder if Sawano's OST can capture any moments as well as that did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom