• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanann

Well it's an obvious and legitimate concern. They're going for a 'different' approach, and they've told us tons about 'open-world', and about the story 'unfolding in multiple directions', and about customization, and online multiplayer. They've definitely shown enough hints at the story for me to be intrigued, but they're definitely holding it close to their chests...

We can't simply dismiss 'being different' and conclude that the story will be just as good, because it WILL have to be different in structure, and presentation to some degree.

From what I've seen, heard and read though, I'm still somewhat concerned about the role of the MC directly. He seems to be involved, but to what degree?? I'm not really too concerned about getting an epic story, because all indications are that we're getting a true, deep, and detailed epic. It seems like the story is way more involved, has way more going on, but also focuses more on the characters' personalities and characterization. It looks like it's going to build the world heavily with lore and information. And at the same time, it looks like we're almost going to inconsequential on a personal level with the overarching narrative about humanity, aliens, survival and coexistence. I'm pretty excited, despite the few concerns I have left. (I'm even incredibly excited about the soundtrack, since most of it has sounded incredible, even if I wish we had a few less vocal tracks).

SMT series doing fine with silent protags

Well it's an obvious and legitimate concern. They're going for a 'different' approach, and they've told us tons about 'open-world', and about the story 'unfolding in multiple directions', and about customization, and online multiplayer. They've definitely shown enough hints at the story for me to be intrigued, but they're definitely holding it close to their chests...

We can't simply dismiss 'being different' and conclude that the story will be just as good, because it WILL have to be different in structure, and presentation to some degree.

From what I've seen, heard and read though, I'm still somewhat concerned about the role of the MC directly. He seems to be involved, but to what degree?? I'm not really too concerned about getting an epic story, because all indications are that we're getting a true, deep, and detailed epic. It seems like the story is way more involved, has way more going on, but also focuses more on the characters' personalities and characterization. It looks like it's going to build the world heavily with lore and information. And at the same time, it looks like we're almost going to inconsequential on a personal level with the overarching narrative about humanity, aliens, survival and coexistence. I'm pretty excited, despite the few concerns I have left. (I'm even incredibly excited about the soundtrack, since most of it has sounded incredible, even if I wish we had a few less vocal tracks).

dont you worry, this is a Takahashi game. And story, storytelling, character and character development never were a problem with Takahashi games :)

Well that last part you pointed out seems weird, the one thats getting the advertising on the cover is the mech itself, with the 3 main characters standing beside it and arent obviously the focus, and with that, there are 2 main characters that are both female, and beyond that, whenever theres footage shown Elma is the one getting the most coverage. The black strong female that the colony relies on when in a pinch and has her own squad that you, cross is apart of.

Actually I was talking about Mass Effect.

This is EA we're talking about not a socially progressive company like Nintendo.

I like you

Sorry guys just getting caught up on this, so from what I'm hearing:

Elma & Cross are the main characters in the game, with Cross (you) being a silent character similar to Chrono in Chrono Trigger, replying with multiple answer choices yet not really saying any spoken dialogue? If so, I'm cool with that.....

Sorry guys just getting caught up on this, so from what I'm hearing:

Elma & Cross are the main characters in the game, with Cross (you) being a silent character similar to Chrono in Chrono Trigger, replying with multiple answer choices yet not really saying any spoken dialogue? If so, I'm cool with that.....

Noone really knows. Game is out in JP in under two weeks though so will find out soon. We have no real idea of how "Cross" will be handled other then the character being fully customizable with a large number of voices to choose from. How they are used and if you get multiple choices for dialogue is unknown.

I can't remember the last time I wanted a game to be released early so badly just so I could learn everything I possibly can as soon as I can. I have the XCX shakes.

I can't remember the last time I wanted a game to be released early so badly just so I could learn everything I possibly can as soon as I can. I have the XCX shakes.

The large amount of time before we get it is what is giving me the shakes. I'm going to literally not be able to go to my favorite forum for months (or longer?) because of fear of spoilers.

ivysaur12

Banned
They did?

I mean they put up the other adds months ago and then started the Xenoblade streams and weekly tweets with what have you.

I just want the kickass TVCMS to come out

I don't think streams and weekly tweets really count, because those are advertising to the already initiated. The fact that a single commercial hasn't been released yet feels... telling.

Im definitely going with Tetsuya Kakihara as my characters voice, that accent is bliss. Also he fits with everything else thats german in this game haha!!

Otherwise I might pick Seki Toshihiko(Dat Aniki) or Tanaka Hideyuki(Dat Samurai).

Eiji Miyashita is my second slot backup lol!!

I don't think streams and weekly tweets really count, because those are advertising to the already initiated. The fact that a single commercial hasn't been released yet feels... telling.

How so? Nintendo only releases commercials 1-2 weeks before a game comes out but they get really heavy handed with the promotion and billboards like months before.

Do y'all pay attention before you open your mouths or what? Then again I've never seen you in the media create threads.

When DO we get it?

Media blackout is going to be a mother-lover, come two weeks time.

Is there a set date yet?

Bet we'll know before Persona 5 is ready

Black out is gonna be a motherfucker, playing Xenoblade Chronicles without being spoiled was the best way to go about it.

Speaking of black out, them black tar lyrics..... thats some heavy shit Whitaker, some heavy ass shit about being darkly possessed.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Wow, could she
be a connection to Shulk in some way, after what happened at the end of Xenoblade Chronicles?

Naw I think thats jumping the gun a lil bit, what I think might be
is she is maybe a soldier or bodyguard sent down by god to maybe to watch or protect the humans on this planet, being a takahashi game, there will be some sort of god.

It's going to kill me trying to avoid spoilers once the game is out in Japan. Maybe I can listen to the soundtrack when it releases to ease the pain. But maybe I want to keep that a surprise, too. Decisions, decisions.

Going to take two days off for this game, can't wait. :D

Also CAAAAAAAAAAAW is translating the dengeki information. Will contain spoiler.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tfO-elYLCSqnqk81vvPcXPGaMEG7o8qZIg8w-JVpZO0/pub

You can select one of the quests you currently have, and have its details appear on the screen. The minimap will display a marker indicating your goal, as well.

I don't know why I'm still disappointed by things like that, but I am. :c

I do really like this though:
If you don’t progress the story, you won’t be able to access certain areas or use certain systems. Clearing early ones especially give you access to numerous new things, so you should hurry and clear them.

random25

Going to take two days off for this game, can't wait. :D

Also CAAAAAAAAAAAW is translating the dengeki information. Will contain spoiler.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tfO-elYLCSqnqk81vvPcXPGaMEG7o8qZIg8w-JVpZO0/pub

Thanks to you both! This one made me curious:

You can’t ride in Dolls with frame levels higher than your inner level.

With each of the dolls shown have frame level of 30, that means you'll only start to get dolls when your party reach level 30 story-wise or normal progression, which is my speculation early.

Thanks to you both! This one made me curious:

With each of the dolls shown have frame level of 30, that means you'll only start to get dolls when your party reach level 30 story-wise or normal progression, which is my speculation early.

doesn't matter, there's going to be a glitch that allows you to hit level 50 in the earlygame anyway

Kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom