• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade cover plate for New 3DS coming to Japan

More pictures of the faceplate here: http://xenobladex.jp/special/index.html

img_sp-welcome06-01.jpg
img_sp-welcome06-02.jpg
img_sp-welcome06-07.jpg
img_sp-welcome06-08.jpg
img_sp-welcome06-09.jpg

I would buy those plushies

Make this system and this faceplate available in North America with multi-device profile sharing and I will buy both.

You hear me NOA, I will buy and own both. Goddammit, you win again NOA. I will buy 4 of the same system just like I did with DS.

You win, NOA. Bravo.

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT.... I want that so bad.... I really, really want it!

Come on Reggie and Co! I assure you, Nintendo of America, the regular-sized New 3DS will sell like hotcakes! Trust us!!

acb.jpg

We need a second Op. Rainfall. >.> Maybe someone at GameStop'll notice again and lobby for this to get brought the fuck over because HOLY CRAP THAT'S GORGEOUS.

What sucks is that the faceplates are for the normal sized n3ds. I would buy the hell out of n3ds XL faceplates...

Take my damn money Nintendo.

Rnr1224

looks amazing! This is why the regular new 3ds is needed. you just need a faceplate and it has a limited edition decal! maybe a LE Xenoblade XL is coming for america! I will buy it if so!

I don't think it is bad for gamers to continue to tell a company they screwed up

you might be annoyed if this screw up does not affect you but North America is a large market so it is heavily represented on GAF if isolation is what you desire create a community for your unaffected market and have the mods keep the NA guys out of it

Nintendo making bad decisions is bad for all of us in the long run, trying to silence those who are voicing a relevant on topic issue that arise from a current stupid corporate shit move is not healthy for a gaming community
Preach it.

NoA's marketing genius becomes more apparent each day, with every piece of cool N3DS news from overseas serving as a nice little slap in the face to the enthusiasts, who, incidentally, appear to be the audience actually keeping Nintendo afloat these days.

Because marketing different skus is, like, wicked hard or something. And alienating the people who pay the most attention to this shit is just how it goes...

NoA's target market is still (stubbornly) children between the ages of 6-16 years old.

Does NoA's marketing team NOT understand that these regular New 3DSes are in *super* high demand now by people much older than their target market?

Do they really believe that it's too big of a risk to bring these to North America? I'm feeling a bit ashamed of some of their decision-making, even though they may have hard numbers to prove that it may not be worth the risk...

NoA's target market is still (stubbornly) children between the ages of 6-16 years old.

Does NoA's marketing team NOT understand that these regular New 3DSes are in *super* high demand now by people much older than their target market?

Do they really believe that it's too big of a risk to bring these to North America? I'm feeling a bit ashamed of some of their decision-making, even though they may have hard numbers to prove that it may not be worth the risk...
I'm somewhay convinced that they have some idea that Americans only want "supersized things" and think that "bigger is better" so they should only offer us the "XL."

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't think it is bad for gamers to continue to tell a company they screwed up

you might be annoyed if this screw up does not affect you but North America is a large market so it is heavily represented on GAF if isolation is what you desire create a community for your unaffected market and have the mods keep the NA guys out of it

Nintendo making bad decisions is bad for all of us in the long run, trying to silence those who are voicing a relevant on topic issue that arise from a current stupid corporate shit move is not healthy for a gaming community

I do think it's bad when it consistently hijacks any thread remotely related to a subject. If you want to tell Nintendo, make a dedicated thread and a petition. What purpose does complaining about it in this thread serve?

New news = new thread. That's pretty much been the mantra around here. You're basically saying anytime a new faceplate is announced that we should deal with a bunch of people complaining rather than discussing. It's the same with DriveClub: there's no news on the PS+ edition, so any complaining is kept to a specific thread about PS+ and any new information about the game gets it's own interrupted thread.

I'm not saying anyone should be silenced. Just that you can do it in a way that doesn't disrupt others.

Maximus.

Man Nintendo would be making decent money from me if they released this 3DS in NA. Enjoy it the rest of the world!

Growlie19

"Man, that would look amazing on my NA n3DS!" my alternate reality self says, where NoA actually makes good decisions. Instead, we're stuck with a large, faceplate-less system. :(

Crash40

Neo Member
Damn it! That looks so SICK! ;_; I never liked the XL idea, so I was never happy about only getting the XL. But now I am down right furious! >:,(

Faceplates was the logical next step for a Nintendo portable for years Nintendo had been milking special editions of GBs GBAs DS 3DS it even became so that some guys would post pics of each 3DS special edition that came out

I owned too many GBAs because of this I learned to stop buying new SEs when 3DS was releasing 2 per month it seemed

so these faceplates seemed to be a way for Nintendo to cut costs while still providing even more ways to own a new Special Edition without owning a collection of 3DS hardware or feel jealous of every new release

the reason I feel NoA should feel the burn for this is that they overlooked a very logical next step in collection SE faceplate for your current favorite game without having to say I already own a 3DS so I cannot justify owning 2 or 3 or having the hassle of moving my files at a trade-in

faceplate on an XL should be encouraged for this reason, SEs that you are stuck with for 8 months get old after a while when you see the new hype game has one, any easy swap of your faceplate gives you the choice, you can always remove the new one and go back to an old favorite later

- Faceplates make it easier to get many more SEs for games that would normally not have the budget to get them

- limited editions mean collectors will still find those gems that few other people own

NoA is going to screw up a damn good idea, just because - WHY?

The only thing that would help alleviate the pain not being able to get this because of NoA would be the release of a Xenoblade N3DSXL. Unfortunately, I think if one is made it probably still wouldn't be released here so it will just be more salt in the wound. Still, I was shocked there was even a US release of the Persona themed 3DSXL last year, so who knows.

Tabasco

That looks amazing.

Judging from the OP alone, I was definitely assuming the rest of the posts would be angry about this.

Of course I'm right.

Zebetite

Banned
Now I get it-- NoA is so dead-set on not releasing anything Xenoblade related, even three years later, that they decided not to release the Non-XL New 3DS so that we couldn't get this faceplate!

Gnilres

We can complain about NOA all we want. Getting upset that people are complaining about a bullshit policy is dumb. It's clear that there is a huge demand for a specific product in an area and deciding not to release it is borderline insane.

Seriously, NOA dropped the ball on this, it's just awful.

God, I really want these faceplates :'(

Top Bottom