• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade cover plate for New 3DS coming to Japan

Zareka

Oh? So does this mean no limited edition N3DS XL? I was holding off in case Xenoblade got a cool LE but now I'm tempted to either go for it right away or wait for a potential Fire Emblem LE XL.

I would get a regular N3DS but my man hands can't fit on those tiny OG models. Plus, screen size.

Drago

Oh? So does this mean no limited edition N3DS XL? I was holding off in case Xenoblade got a cool LE but now I'm tempted to either go for it right away or wait for a potential Fire Emblem LE XL.
Not necessarily. There were Majoras Mask faceplates released alongside the Majoras Mask XL. They could unveil a Xenoblade themed XL down the line before launch

ZeroX03

Banned
It's import time.

This "fuck you NoA" shit is getting really annoying in every N3DS thread. Can't we have a dedicated thread for it like DriveClub did after all the threads kept getting hijacked?

TheMoon

It's import time.

This "fuck you NoA" shit is getting really annoying in every N3DS thread. Can't we have a dedicated thread for it like DriveClub did after all the threads kept getting hijacked?

We need an executive decision. Someone page the Kindergarten Cops!

Ryfferr

It's import time.

There's still a chance local retailers will sell them here. I don't think these are Limited Edition like the black triforce one was.

Nek minnit...

It's import time.

Customization thread is for all theme/cover plate discussion. Hope to keep the NoA rants to a low.
Feel free to post there and show pictures.

Alchemy

I kinda want to buy it just to hang on my wall
because I can't do anything fucking else with it thanks to NoA.

AdanVC

Look at this beauty that wE can't have in freaking America. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCC kKK

post-660-1370225948.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
There's still a chance local retailers will sell them here. I don't think these are Limited Edition like the black triforce one was.

Nek minnit...

Not sure if Xenoblade will be popular enough for ANZ retailers to stock it. I imported my Pokemon ORAS plates from Nippon-Yasan and they arrived cheaply enough so I'll probably just go the safe route.

So it is about the faceplates, huh?

In this cae, it adds more momentum. Let's be honest, Nintendo is gonna hope like hell the Xenoblade port was worthwhile and these plates essentially end up being free marketing for both the game and smaller system. My argument for the smaller system still stands at the XL being too big for my kids to use, so I want them to have the smaller system. I will by the system for myself for the faceplates though lol

Zareka

It's an XL, but just a plain 'ol blue. That said the bundle is very nice and my current 3DS is the blue Fire Emblem one. I'd consider picking this up were it brought to Europe.
Not necessarily. There were Majoras Mask faceplates released alongside the Majoras Mask XL. They could unveil a Xenoblade themed XL down the line before launch
Ah, I assumed the game would be coming out way sooner in Japan but a quick check and it's not coming till April like the rest of us. There's still hope, then!

Muku

Don't worry guys even if we got this in the U.S. it would be a limited Piggly Wiggly exclusive.

Made me LOL so hard.

I prefer the XL over the normal 3DS... but god damn. If that faceplate isn't the most beautiful faceplate I've seen yet... I haven't thought about jumping on the New 3DS bandwagon, but if they did a limited edition for Xenoblade I might. Assuming I could get one.
Missed the Pikachu one both here in Japan and US. THANKS NINTENDO.

It'll never happen though. NOA is just trying to protect us from ourselves. Our money might not be good enough either.

Well, I've decided that I prefer the size of the xl over the pixel density of the regular, so this wouldn't have actually been accessible to me even without NoA's dumb decisions.

Thus, Instead of bitching about NOA: Damn, I wish the xl had faceplates. That is fantastic.

It's import time.

I don't think it is bad for gamers to continue to tell a company they screwed up

you might be annoyed if this screw up does not affect you but North America is a large market so it is heavily represented on GAF if isolation is what you desire create a community for your unaffected market and have the mods keep the NA guys out of it

Nintendo making bad decisions is bad for all of us in the long run, trying to silence those who are voicing a relevant on topic issue that arise from a current stupid corporate shit move is not healthy for a gaming community

shiyrley

Banned
The same fucking SECOND preorders for this open in Spain I'm gonna preorder the shit out of this. Damn. I need it RIGHT NOW.

Nek minnit...

I see "数量限定" which means "limited quantity" if I'm not mistaken.
So probably once these are sold out they're gone for good?

I don't think it is bad for gamers to continue to tell a company they screwed up

you might be annoyed if this screw up does not affect you but North America is a large market so it is heavily represented on GAF if isolation is what you desire create a community for your unaffected market and have the mods keep the NA guys out of it

Nintendo making bad decisions is bad for all of us in the long run, trying to silence those who are voicing a relevant on topic issue that arise from a current stupid corporate shit move is not healthy for a gaming community

THIS

Post didn't go through?

I'm hoping for off brand n3dsxl faceplates and back plates to come out soon or Nintendo to make them. I mean you can remove them just fine. I did it on my red n3dsxl I got while waiting for the mm one to be delivered.

Ryfferr

I see "数量限定" which means "limited quantity" if I'm not mistaken.
So probably once these are sold out they're gone for good?

Still praying we get these ones.

And the Zelda ones even if they don't look as boss in a white console.

I'm still debating whether asking my cousin to send me a black console here from London. Do I realllly need three 3DSs?

Shaanyboi

Banned
They really should've just made one model (the XL), and applied the cover plate idea to that and avoided the whole fucking nonsense that is NoA's current strategy.

Just.. damn. wow.

Sterok

Let's be real. America wouldn't get this even if it did get the regular N3DS. Because NOA can't be bothered to put in the minimum amount of effort to please us these days. This just gives me more reason to not get an XL and quietly wait for my preferred version to show up. Hopefully it does.

Top Bottom